• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

^ I wouldn't mind doing the raid either guys. I haven't done it in weeks. Everytime I've done it I've stopped at Oryx. 311 Warlock
1. sephi22
2. ??
3. ??
4. ??
5. ??
6. ??

Dot50Cal

Banned
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.. I recently got a PS4 and some co-workers want me to play Destiny with them. I know nothing about the expansions or Taken King or anything like that...Can I buy just the base game and still play with them? Will I be a hindrance if I can? Will they get crappy rewards for playing with me?

What would I be missing out on with just the base game?

Strider

In b4 people ask to Sherpa him for rewards

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.. I recently got a PS4 and some co-workers want me to play Destiny with them. I know nothing about the expansions or Taken King or anything like that...Can I buy just the base game and still play with them? Will I be a hindrance if I can? Will they get crappy rewards for playing with me?

You could still play with your friends but The base game is very light on content and tbh isn't worth your time. The best route would be for you to try and get a good deal on the legendary edition of the game. It includes the base game and all expansions and is a good deal overall... And with Black Friday coming up you can probably get it for a really good price.

Ghazi

Hi, would you like to become best friends?

Kappa

E92 M3

Hi, would you like to become best friends?

Kappa

CSfK203UAAAkwID.png

sephi22

1. sephi22
2. AdamKoy
3. kaikken
4. AengerdX
5. Pandora012
6. exYIe

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE.

I'm in orbit. Will make a party. Join up when you can gents

Ghazi

I'm kind of freaking out at these responses..what on earth

Bungie added a refer a friend system to the game giving rewards, but it only works with new players. We're having a joke. As for your question, buy The Taken King Legendary edition. Destiny isn't much of a game if you don't have the expansions.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I'm still really confused..do you just get the bonus and leave me hanging or have to pal around with me in order to get your bonus like a third wheel? lol

exYle

I'm still really confused..do you just get the bonus and leave me hanging or have to pal around with me in order to get your bonus like a third wheel? lol

There's a new Refer-a-Friend system. People get cool rewards if they help a completely new player through the workings of the game. Veterans are going mad trying to find new people to do this with

E92 M3

You'll be left alone to fend on Venus, wet, desperate and confused. If you choose me, I'll take you through the Vault of Glass, introduce you to Crota and throw an invite for Thanksgiving.

E92 is an xbone scrub D50 so don't bother.
:p

Stick with me kid and you'll have nothing to worry about

It's worth it for him to be on Xbox just to have me as a coach.

Hey D50, I don't care that you're looking for a senpai. I'm just over here being cool and mysterious, I'm a loner see. I don't hang with no one, and you're not going to change that! But my cold heart may yet be warmed by a good apprentice..

Strider

Tbh I've given this man status he never otherwise would have obtained

He's bigger than all of us. I mean he's motherfucking D50 now.

I deserve this referral

Don't mind the unclear the responses. Refer-A-Friend just means that if you buy The Taken King and "link" with a current player, there will be rewards given to both of you if you meet certain criteria. Mainly the new player hitting Max level, and both players completing activities and questlines together.

You get a unique sword, unique speeder, two unique emotes, a unique color shader and a unique player emblem.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Dang, do I have to choose who to use that boost on right away? I'd like to mess around with some of the classes first before I choose.

Need 3 for HM kings fall starting at totems

join on
cannedheat
afrodeeziyak
figadapaura

Thanks for the run everyone!

Magic, Darknyss and inapplicable too! And anyone else I've missed out!

Was good fun, Oryx was being a bitch at the end, pretty unlucky with some of the stuff that was happening on our second run!

And sorry fig for not responding at all on the first run, I've no idea why we couldn't hear/speak to each other and then bam! It worked >.<

Dot50Cal

Banned
I dunno, they probably wouldn't appreciate the rewards as much as someone here would.

Can I "link" with another after I buy or does it have to be before?

Dot50Cal

Banned
I dunno Strider, I know your name...that makes me think your a trouble maker around these parts. Jest has been pretty helpful..

Strider

In all seriousness D50...

We have members of this board that have helped a huge number of new players get acquainted with destiny and if you're willing to join up with one of them so they could get the exclusive rewards that'd be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom