• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard mode BubbleButt raid team:

1. XchildofhateX
2. The_id
3. AengerdX
4. Gorrila_ju
5. tp_Drewz
6.Gutz21
7.nikelover09

Thanks for the fun run again guys! Aengrd's cheeks and bladder can now rest.

Found the BubbleButt video:
http://youtu.be/f5KyMNDJE6o

Glad you got it finished. Sorry I had to leave, was getting late to start cooking dinner and still had to walk the dog etc.

Will finish Oryx on the weekend no doubt.

Thanks man, worth a shot. We couldn't get them in Australia... was quite dissapointed.

EDIT: Always forget your Australian. Where did you get them? Certainly didn't get them in Perth. Though we don't get anything in Perth.

Friendly US-DGAFers. Also I complained to red bull about a couple of faulty codes so they gave me 10 free codes a week later, most of which I gave away.

GutZ31

1. XchildofhateX
2. The_id
3. AengerdX
4. Gorrila_ju
5. tp_Drewz
6.Gutz21
7.nikelover09

Lol, good game guys.
We had some lag, but not nearly as bad as our geographic locations would have you believe.
The bubble butt corgi will always be my image when I hear the song come on.

Anyone whose on have totems cp?

I've got it, if you're talking about Hard Mode. PSN is same as username here.

1. XchildofhateX
2. The_id
3. AengerdX
4. Gorrila_ju
5. tp_Drewz
6.Gutz21
7.nikelover09

I gotta say it was pretty hard not to burst out in peals of laughter while you guys were going on about the Bubblebutt and the cheeks and shit. Good thing I've got a lot of self-control or my wife would have yanked the LAN cable if I woke her up laughing like a jackass.

E92 M3

Morning, DGAF! I've been getting more and more bothered that legendary engrams are essentially useless to the endgame. Each class around 2 armor variances, and no one will bother infusing that stuff for the most part. It all comes back to the fact that House of Wolves made the whole sandbox useful. I hope to see that again from Destiny.

Since I didn't play much tonight, decided to finally work on getting to gunsmith rank 3 on my warlock. Had one gun left that would get me there (crappy Hakke pulse rifle). Played one control match on vita, came in last of course, but managed to get all the kills needed. Glad I stuck around for the rewards:
IAIzFNr.jpg

Soft Launch->Tripod->Javelin->Grenades & Horseshoes

Kreygasm

How are you always getting these amazing rolls!?

Morning Dgaf! Can't wait to hit Destiny after work today. Nice 4 day weekend coming up but I just woke uo to the Captain America: Civil War trailer....

Holy shit, hype! I was really excited about Force Awakens, still am very much so, but that Civil War trailer was straight up amazing. Black Panther hype! That last shot and dialogue in trailer messed with my emotions guys!

I keep forgetting to infuse mine, still sitting at 280 attack power. Never even took it into crucible yet, that will be my next order of business.

I recommend it. Especially once your super is up, it just destroys everything. Mines is only 302 just now and it's hitting for over 2K in PvE.

Only drawback is that you can't use the super, however as a Sunsinger, it makes up for it as you have awesome grenades due to the Regen perk.

I can't wait to try this out with Nothing Manacles and a maxed Disc build.

Seems like the best gun for Warlocks Sunsingers on Crucible.

Yep agreed. Using it like above could be interesting too.

flkraven

RNG smiled upon me last night friends.
It's always great when you are a high enough level that you don't expect much but come out of the raid with multiple improvements. Great run. My Titan was 315 at the start, got 318 boots and 319 mark and now I'm 317 with optimal gear.

Yeah, I messaged you on PSN. I had to go out for a bit. I'm back if you still need the checkpoint. Just join on me.

Sorry I had notifications of, I grabbed it off you when you were away (not sure if you got booted for inactivity)

Anyone for a HM run, we could just do totems to golgoroth x 3 for maximum loot (ha) time efficiency

ethomaz

Banned
Sorry I had notifications of, I grabbed it off you when you were away (not sure if you got booted for inactivity)

Anyone for a HM run, we could just do totems to golgoroth x 3 for maximum loot (ha) time efficiency
I'm down but I like to do the sisters too... 3x.
No problem if you guys decided to do only up to Golgoroth too.

Still don´t get it.

For once he's absolutely right, its a diversion because theres no content, unless they pull a rabbit out of there arse with the weekly update later

As I said yesterday its amazing, out of all the shit they've pulled over the last year, its refer a friend which tips the community against them

E92 M3

The Live Team is fending for themselves while the majority of Bungie work on the next major release. That's what it seems like.

Igor. Stop watching Naruto and join.

Nevermind. That makes six. Join party and stuff when ready.

I'm going warlock so we need at least one Titan for Uglyryx.

Just saw this now but it was 1 am at this time. I can always play the first one but not the second one since its too late. I gotta sleep man. I wake up early.

GlamFM

Banned
For once he's absolutely right, its a diversion because theres no content, unless they pull a rabbit out of there arse with the weekly update later

As I said yesterday its amazing, out of all the shit they've pulled over the last year, its refer a friend which tips the community against them

I just don´t find it offensive in any shape or form.

It´s just great for new players (there should be a lot around christmas) to get into the community.

Lnkn52

It´s just great for new players (there should be a lot around christmas) to get into the community.

His only issue with the program is that Bungie locked out two emotes, and a cool looking sparrow to this thing.

Also, considering that Goth probably sold the game to so many people, he will find it impossible to take part of this program since everyone he knows owned and played the game; unless he's willing to shelf another $60. And this can also apply to many other players here.

My current TO-DO's

Touch of Malice, Exotic Solar Sword, NTTE quests
Oryx HM full raid to get some gear
Drop Destiny after that for a while and go play Bloodborne DLC.

His only issue with the program is that Bungie locked out two emotes, and a cool looking sparrow to this thing.

Well after just finishing all the RaF stuff I can say that none of the rewards are great particularly the emotes, which are garbage and don't sync up with the other person automatically and instead you have to hope you hit the button at exactly the same time, which 9/10 doesn't work and makes you look like an idiot.

Lnkn52

Well after just finishing all the RaF stuff I can say that none of the rewards are great particularly the emotes, which are garbage and don't sync up with the other person automatically and instead you have to hope you hit the button at exactly the same time, which 9/10 doesn't work and makes you look like an idiot.

It's a loot game. Some people don't care about the quality, they just want to catch them all.

It's a loot game. Some people don't care about the quality, they just want to catch them all.

Oh I agree, that was more just me venting about how trash the emotes are. Like they look cool when they sync but otherwise, yeah not a big fan. The aesthetic of the sparrow is pretty cool though.

WipedOut

Finally got the Ascendant Plane shader last night, my new favorite, still don't have bone marrow. Crazy I've only had 1, yes 1 helmet to drop since King's Fall has come out. Too bad it was only a 310. On the positive side I did get a 317 Smite with Firefly.

flkraven

I think the biggest problem came with the wording they used. This was Bungie's way of rewarding 'sherpas' apparently, only it's clearly not. It's nearly impossible to find someone out in the wild that has only had the game a day or two, and you build a relationship with them fast enough to lock in the refer-a-friend quest line and complete it. Most current sherpas and hardcores have already convinced their friends to play. If people want this stuff, 99% of them will make alt accounts and run the content again (see GAF), while a few lucky individuals have a friend they can convince to hop in.

This doesn't come off as rewarding sherpas, rather, its a way for Bungie to have their community work for them, pushing for sales of their product or at least increasing their unique-user login count for the next shareholder meeting.

For crying out loud, Bungie could have implemented this EXACT SAME reward system, but if they would have paired it with an in-game LFG that allows veterans/sherpas to find new players looking for help or a friend, then I would be praising Bungie right now. The lazy implementation along with what they are asking of us makes it seem greedy and without-thought.

darthbob

Jesus, the salt towards the Refer-a-friend scheme is real, even Gothalion is ripping into it
KuGsj.gif

This whole RAF debacle seems to have backfired, but really it's just a few pointless cosmetics. Why do people feel
ENTITLED LOL
that they need/deserve them? While the Sparrow is pretty cool and I hope something like that is attainable in a different fashion in the future, RAF is just a non-issue IMO.

This doesn't come off as rewarding sherpas, rather, its a way for Bungie to have their community work for them, pushing for sales of their product or at least increasing their unique-user login count for the next shareholder meeting.

This whole post I can agree with, and specifically this portion is what leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Feels like they're outsourcing marketing.

GlamFM

Banned
I think the biggest problem came with the wording they used. This was Bungie's way of rewarding 'sherpas' apparently, only it's clearly not. It's nearly impossible to find someone out in the wild that has only had the game a day or two, and you build a relationship with them fast enough to lock in the refer-a-friend quest line and complete it. Most current sherpas and hardcores have already convinced their friends to play. If people want this stuff, 99% of them will make alt accounts and run the content again (see GAF), while a few lucky individuals have a friend they can convince to hop in.

For crying out loud, Bungie could have implemented this EXACT SAME reward system, but if they would have paired it with an in-game LFG that allows veterans/sherpas to find new players looking for help or a friend, then I would be praising Bungie right now. The lazy implementation along with what they are asking of us makes it seem greedy and without-thought.

That I 100% agree with.

WipedOut

They are lazy lazy lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom