• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

On the Kill all Knight Strat, do the Floaters have to be in the center or can they be on the platforms?

I felt on the platforms I had better angle of all the Ogres. Too much nonsense geometry below for me.

Most prefer the center since it gives you an equal view of each Ogre, and is debateably easier for the rest of the team to get there for protection in your bubble prior to the aura arriving. But there's no reason you couldn't do it from up there. The main advantage of being up top for kill everything is that your floaters can help out w/ Knights after the Ogres are down, because they have a much better view of everything. In the middle, if a Knight goes behind one of the platforms there's no way to put dps on them. But in a perfect cycle, the three platform guys should be able to kill their Knight prior to coming to the middle, then for the fourth one of the floaters cleans it up when it runs across.

tl:dr There's no right or wrong so long as there's communication and people know what they're responsible for, what everyone else is responsible for (in case someone goes down), and knows where to go & when. All about communication, which can be especially difficult at 2 am.

Namikaze1

I've been playing The Taken King on the sub-account with no problem, it's the referral link that I'm having problems with.
Same here. Can't get past the second step. Keeps telling me that the account isn't associated with any Destiny content and buy TTK.

I can play the TTK content on my NotNamikaze1 account just fine. Hell, it had the dance emotes and exotic class item plus the Suros stuff waiting for it at the postmaster.

It's just that that account needs to have TTK in its purchase history to continue on to the next step. But I'm not gonna drop $40 I don't have on an expansion I personally feel isn't worth $40. Rather spend $40 on buying the Bloodborne expansion for myself and a $20 gift card for someone else to spend that $20 on the BB Old Hunters expansion.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All about communication, which can be especially difficult at 2 am.
The first attempt when we were all gung-ho but had failed to even reassign colonel's platform was hilarious.

I laughed a lot throughout actually, it was a really fun run

Namikaze1

On the Kill all Knight Strat, do the Floaters have to be in the center or can they be on the platforms?

I felt on the platforms I had better angle of all the Ogres. Too much nonsense geometry below for me.
My group and I prefer having floaters (usually me) on the daughters platforms. We have a Titan as designated floater using blessing of light and touch of malice combo to save up on ammo. Plus we have a better viewpoint of the knights in case someone forgets to kill theirs.

E92 M3

I have the Old Hunter expansion downloaded, but played Destiny yesterday. I am so ashamed of myself. Why must Destiny be such a fun game :(

Namikaze1

I have the Old Hunter expansion downloaded, but played Destiny yesterday. I am so ashamed of myself. Why must Destiny be such a fun game :(
Son, I'm disappointed.

I don't have the expansion yet. I will though in a few weeks. Needed to fix my laptop first before I make any gaming related purchases.

LTWood12

The first attempt when we were all gung-ho but had failed to even reassign colonel's platform was hilarious.

I laughed a lot throughout actually, it was a really fun run

That was hilarious! 'LT get on the platform!'

I wish I knew where everyone was at that point, because two of them had to have been at the same platform lol. That should've been a clue that something was awry.

Afrocious

The moment you begin The Old Hunters, Destiny is going to be on the backburner.

I got my raids done last night just so I don't have to get on Destiny for the rest of the week.

Just saw the Weapon tuning for December patch, I love it!

About time they nerf those damn shotguns and Pulse and buff ADS for Handcannons. Cant wait!

Trakan

Not particularly, because you've missed the point I was trying to make, and are just focusing on a small piece of information I was using to support my main argument.

It's more likely that you can't name another game that does it anywhere near the extent that Destiny does.

E92 M3

I got my raids done last night just so I don't have to get on Destiny for the rest of the week.

Tentatively, I'm thinking of starting it on Thanksgiving.

Just saw the Weapon tuning for December patch, I love it!

About time they nerf those damn shotguns and Pulse and buff ADS for Handcannons. Cant wait!

Shotguns were beyond nerfed - they got wrecked to oblivion. Unfortunately, the PVE side suffers as well. This nerf will further push them into obscurity.

My group and I prefer having floaters (usually me) on the daughters platforms. We have a Titan as designated floater using blessing of light and touch of malice combo to save up on ammo. Plus we have a better viewpoint of the knights in case someone forgets to kill theirs.

I like to have floaters on the ground so people can run to bubble safety if they need to before the runner gets there. Either way works though.

Also, hi DGAF. Have been too busy to play any games in awhile. What's the current topic of discussion? I see some refer a friend thing going around? Is challenge mode announced yet? Weapon rebalancing?

E92 M3

I like to have floaters on the ground so people can run to bubble safety if they need to before the runner gets there. Either way works though.

Also, hi DGAF. Have been too busy to play any games in awhile. What's the current topic of discussion? I see some refer a friend thing going around? Is challenge mode announced yet? Weapon rebalancing?

Challenge mode will be discussed in today's Weekly Update. We'll see what they say.

Also, maybe this year Xur will have a Black Friday sale?!

LTWood12

Hey man! Good to see you in the thread. Same ol same ol' around here.

Tentatively, I'm thinking of starting it on Thanksgiving.

Shotguns were beyond nerfed - they got wrecked to oblivion. Unfortunately, the PVE side suffers as well. This nerf will further push them into obscurity.

hmm dont agree, shotgun was still a force to be recon with in PVP, but yeah maybe this patch will nerf them too much..hopefully not. Shotgun should only be one hit kill when your like in the face of the other guy. shots with some distance should be 2 shots or more.

Namikaze1

The problem my group has with that is that the bubble sometimes ends up working against us when we have to kill things. I personally am not a fan of that strat. Much prefer being on the platforms.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

ah man. Where do I need to get to in NG+ to be able to play the DLC?
Waiting for Hawkian to post that vid of you "sacrificing" yourself for orbs.
OH wow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIFDgqrR56k&feature=youtu.be&t=865

I gotta make a gif out of that moment. it will represent the omnipresent inevitability of death.

Afrocious

I gotta make a gif out of that moment. it will represent the omnipresent inevitability of death.

You just have to kill Vicar Amelia, then head to the Hunter's Dream. There'll be an item there for you to pick up. From there, after reading the text box that shows up and reading the item description, you should be able to figure out where to go and what to do next.

LTWood12

LOL

Hawk, here's a vid of us doing the kill everything strat last week. We managed to do the last cycle w/ four people even. No mic chatter sadly, but might be informative (plus it was so fucking fun to kill that asshole when all hope is almost lost).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxuypgW4DJk

I make a terrible stupid move at the end switching my heavy for the final dps then realizing my synth wasn't done w/ cooldown. even dropped my light level by one. Luckily the 316 Malice made up for it.

E92 M3

hmm dont agree, shotgun was still a force to be recon with in PVP, but yeah maybe this patch will nerf them too much..hopefully not. Shotgun should only be one hit kill when your like in the face of the other guy. shots with some distance should be 2 shots or more.

I mean to say that they will be nerfed into oblivion lol. Sometimes I forget that the patch is not out yet haha.

Bros, need help with CoO.
Need to do
T2, Court, Wizard with Knights
T2, Court, 2 Knights with Ogre or 1 Knight with Cabal
and T3 (this week it's Thalnok).

Anyone?
PSN: j0hnny_385

StMeph

Need to do

Anyone?

I won't be home for another 7-8 hours, but if you still need CoO I need to do two T2s as well:

Combination #1: Bracus Horu'usk + Alzok Däl, Gornuk Däl and Zyrok Däl
Combination #2: Bracus Horu'usk + Cra'adug and Mengoor

and

Combination #1: Krughor + Vorlog
Combination #2: Krughor + Alzok Däl, Gornuk Däl and Zyrok Däl

Sky Walker

This + If the runner is fast enough to grab the relic, it's possible for him to hide under the bubble until the vessel come closer to it then go to steal the aura. It might be really useful if your runner is 309 or lower.

Tl;dr : No Knights strategy sucks. It might work but it's unpredictable. You don't know what will go wrong.

I won't be home for another 7-8 hours, but if you still need CoO I need to do two T2s as well:

Combination #1: Bracus Horu'usk + Alzok Däl, Gornuk Däl and Zyrok Däl
Combination #2: Bracus Horu'usk + Cra'adug and Mengoor

and

Combination #1: Krughor + Vorlog
Combination #2: Krughor + Alzok Däl, Gornuk Däl and Zyrok Däl
I'll be asleep by then, EU GAF :(

Need to do

Anyone?
I hate my timezone. :(

Fuck it, DestinyLFG it is.

Edit: nothing there. Aaaaaaggghhhhh. Fliptable.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Since I didn't play much tonight, decided to finally work on getting to gunsmith rank 3 on my warlock. Had one gun left that would get me there (crappy Hakke pulse rifle). Played one control match on vita, came in last of course, but managed to get all the kills needed. Glad I stuck around for the rewards:
IAIzFNr.jpg

Soft Launch->Tripod->Javelin->Grenades & Horseshoes

Kreygasm

My Ash Factory has Soft Launch, Heavy Payload, G&H....... And Grenadier -.-. SO CLOSE.

phen0m24

Waiting for Hawkian to post that vid of you "sacrificing" yourself for orbs.

Colonel got swarmed like a pile of $150 LCD tv doorbusters at Walmart on Black Friday.

T-44 the run before when the thrall all scattered:

"Colonel you gotta show some leg"

After the above

"Showed too much leg"

LOLOLOL

Smiley90

That was hilarious! 'LT get on the platform!'

I wish I knew where everyone was at that point, because two of them had to have been at the same platform lol. That should've been a clue that something was awry.

We had something similar happen yesterday

Run 1: mindlog "okay smiley you take platform 3, i'll go take your orb" - runs to explode kadey's orb at platform 4 "shit i ran to 4"
Run 2: mindlog "okay, platform three, got it" -runs to kadey's orb at platform 4 AGAIN- :lol. Kadey ran to 3 instead this time, probably anticipating mindlog's inability to count. I can just imagine her face lol

LTWood12

My Ash Factory has Soft Launch, Heavy Payload, G&H....... And Grenadier -.-. SO CLOSE.

I know everyone else on my team had to have been salty as fuck when they saw the reward screen w/ me at the bottom of the board w/ this. As far as a random drop, this might be the most perfectly rolled thing I've ever gotten.

Smiley90

I know everyone else on my team had to have been salty as fuck when they saw the reward screen w/ me at the bottom of the board w/ this. As far as a random drop, this might be the most perfectly rolled thing I've ever gotten.

I get the worst rolls I swear

My 1000-yard stare: Outlaw (kind of alright I guess) and... Grenadier -.-

My Hawksaw: Icarus -pukes- seriously, Icarus? That perk is literally only useful once a month when nightfall has airborne, and even then not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom