• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I won't be online until tomorrow but I could definitely help then

Let me know when you got time! I'm home all day lol

Also, just got dropped into a rift match that was 14k to 3k and ended literally 5 seconds after I spawned.

GG BUNGO, GG.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Asking activision means you want to get sold actual grimoire cards, at $7 a pop, and them reasoning it as "The book would have been 3 whole volumes!".
The Destiny Trading Card collection: now the only way to get Lore for Destiny.
Visit your local comic book store today!

I don't get why it's so important for you to harp on the unobstructed sightlines to the ogre's crit spots when she was talking about the knights. You can argue all you want about easier sight lines on ogres whereas the top absolutely has an easier sightline on the knights earlier in the encounter.

"But you can see them later as they run to the middle" is not an objective benefit. People on the daughters' platforms probably don't give a shit about ogre sightlines since they die extremely quickly regardless, and people on the bottom middle don't give a shit about knight sightlines because they die when they cross regardless. It's going to boil down to preference on those variables alone, and that's not even taking the positioning into consideration.

What a weirdly harsh jump into this conversation. Please read more carefully before attacking me.

-She was talking about Ogre sight lines, I quoted that exact part in my response. I said they die fine either way but center is clearer.

-Top doesn't have an easier sightline on Knights. They literally run towards you in the middle. Plus the late timing of Knight-4 means it's better to have everyone safe in the middle with the bubble. Giving everyone BoL and WoL before Aura arrives is objectively better.

I've said it over and over: use whatever strat you prefer! All this "don't give a shit" talk isn't relevant or helpful.

Everything here is just nonsense, so there's no point even bothering.

Convincing retort.

Gonna take some time away from DGAF. Grumpy days like this bum me out too much.

Could you write up a detailed mockup of this for a meeting in 5?
Also, some visual ads will go a long way.
Thanks....

Have a monthly view-
cD3xiVA.png

-Top doesn't have an easier sightline on Knights. They literally run towards you in the middle. Plus the late timing of Knight-4 means it's better to have everyone safe in the middle with the bubble. Giving everyone BoL and WoL before Aura arrives is objectively better.

Actually they do. They run across the middle, not towards you. And there's a bunch of small pillars and other adds blocking their view. So to say top doesn't have an easier sightline is...a lie.

Let me know when you got time! I'm home all day lol

Also, just got dropped into a rift match that was 14k to 3k and ended literally 5 seconds after I spawned.

GG BUNGO, GG.

Once loaded right into the reward screen. Got my first matador with rangefinder. Nothing like a hard days work

Here's your freaking gif for next week! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go sulk in a corner.

3hR5KEE.gif

In this case, you can see that there are 3 phases to the gif...each scene doesn't count as a separate cycle...so it takes 3 phases in order to repeat the cycle, which is the start of the phase...

Have a monthly view-

Actually they do. They run across the middle, not towards you. And there's a bunch of small pillars and other adds blocking their view. So to say top doesn't have an easier sightline is...a lie.

They spawn farther away (behind the sync plate) then run towards the opposite blight which is closer to you in the center. I didn't mean they literally run toward you for a hug and a kiss. Their starting position to the middle where you have a clear LoS (not obstructed by pillars) is in a direction towards your position in center. Plus you have BoL and WoL to help kill everything including the Vessel.

Besides the sync plate people should easily kill the first 3 Knights where the 4th one is the main issue when you want people off their plates to avoid the ship, etc and safely get in the middle. I can't tell if people arguing against it have done the center strat much. Anyway, this conversation has become about insulting people instead of discussing ideas so let's please drop it.

Send a PM if anyone wants to continue it. I'll be lurking but not posting.

She was talking about Ogre sight lines, I quoted that exact part in my response. I said they die fine either way but center is clearer.

Convincing retort.

No, I wasn't.

This is why I can't be bothered arguing with you. You're patronising as well as not reading what I'm typing. Not worth my fucking time.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Here's your freaking gif for next week! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go sulk in a corner.

3hR5KEE.gif
I seem to have missed what seems to be vital piece of news. Where's the news about Bungie nerfing Titans? I've only seen the Weekly Update and all I see there is Challenge Mode, and too many Americans about to get fat off of Turkey.

darthbob

I seem to have missed what seems to be vital piece of news. Where's the news about Bungie nerfing Titans? I've only seen the Weekly Update and all I see there is Challenge Mode, and too many Americans about to get fat off of Turkey.

Next week, we’ll be chatting with Sage about Titan ups and downs in December. Sunbreakers are a hot topic, but they only represent one-third of the Titan conversation.

Don't you dare nerf my Striker, Sage.

What a weirdly harsh jump into this conversation. Please read more carefully before attacking me.

-She was talking about Ogre sight lines, I quoted that exact part in my response. I said they die fine either way but center is clearer.

I've said it over and over: use whatever strat you prefer! All this "don't give a shit" talk isn't relevant or helpful.

Convincing retort.

Gonna take some time away from DGAF. Grumpy days like this bum me out too much.

What in the world was harsh in what I said? Seriously, what is with this board's inability to take any difference in opinion? Vehement disagreement is one thing, but this policing of language and motive is another. Yeah, I responded on a message board. In a spot where I took an issue with what I read. How weird.

Also, this:

"You can't argue that you can see the Knights just as well on the bottom as on the top because it's not true. There are enough things to get in the way on the bottom that become a non-issue higher up... Also, if you can't hit the Ogres' fat heads from the Daughters platform, idk what to say."

is several clauses about the knights and one about the ogres. Quoting this way allowed you to talk about execution rather than actually addressing that there is a perceived benefit. It's obvious you don't agree there is a benefit there, but your initial post side-stepped that because the quoting was bizarre. Sorry, I can't think of something less harsh to say than 'bizarre.'

The 'don't give a shit' was a simple way of saying that some people would prefer one benefit over the other. Saying there is no benefit is something else entirely, but again, I don't want to get in the way of you being condescending.

I won't even get into a substantive response on the strategy since I'm probably being way too harsh right now.

They spawn farther away (behind the sync plate) then run towards the opposite blight which is closer to you in the center. I didn't mean they literally run toward you for a hug and a kiss. Their starting position to the middle where you have a clear LoS (not obstructed by pillars) is in a direction towards your position in center. Plus you have BoL and WoL to help kill everything including the Vessel.

Besides the sync plate people should easily kill the first 3 Knights where the 4th one is the main issue when you want people off their plates to avoid the ship, etc and safely get in the middle. I can't tell if people arguing against it have done the center strat much. Anyway, this conversation has become about insulting people instead of discussing ideas so let's please drop it.

Send a PM if anyone wants to continue it. I'll be lurking but not posting.

If you're on top, it literally takes 1-2 sniper headshots to kill them as they spawn. the 4th one is usually the hardest, but the point being that it's easier to kill them from the top then the bottom. This is assuming that the people on pillars aren't killing them immediately. The 4th is usually the trickiest, because by then you have to deal with the vessel as well and there are multiple adds scattered across the middle, blocking view against the knight(As well as the small little walls/pillars in the middle by the er, back of the room where Oryx spawns).

It's just better for the floaters to hang behind at top and snipe the 4th knight, there is nothing lost by having them up there, and then they can join in the middle before the bombs are detonated.

There is literally no downside for the floaters to stay on the sisters platform.

Namikaze1

Well it's not my fault I fucking love turkey!

Into my belly you go, turkey and everything else I'm gonna eat tomorrow!

:p

Also, there is a reason why the high ground is seen as beneficial in military tactics. There is a bigger benefit to seeing a field over a high inclination then there is to be on the ground floor.

There is a benefit to having the floaters being on the top side. Simple as that.

Your post:

Let's please get the personal insults off the board. Send a PM if you want to discuss anything further.

That was just an add-on to my point about the Knights, hence the 'also' at the start of it. If you just wanted to respond to that part, you should have just quoted that part.

Saying you're being patronising isn't a personal insult. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom