• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomaoIYP

I'm making a bit of an effort to do that at the moment and it can suck my balls, I thought i'd creamed the 6 Auto kills and it only gave me 4

Lol! The auto rifle kills part is also the hardest for me, but I find that I have a much easier time with a nicely rolled suros auto rifle (not regime though) compared to anything else. The excellent sights help a lot track the opponent as I spray.

Can I ask what Crucible NF is?

Shaxx has a terribly long questline that requires you to play shit tonnes of crucible matches. Once you complete the questline you permanently unlock weekly crucible bounties from Shaxx. Completion of 5 quests every week give you nightfall level rewards. The loot is from the crucible drop list, so you can get crucible legendaries, ghosts, exotics, etc. The PvE nightfall only gives PvE rewards, the only rewards that overlap in the drop list are strange coins and exotics.

Watched the whole KF NM Flawless Raider you guys did way back.

A M A Z I N G.

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

Shaxx has a terribly long questline that requires you to play shit tonnes of crucible matches. Once you complete the questline you permanently unlock weekly crucible bounties from Shaxx. Completion of 5 quests every week give you nightfall level rewards. The loot is from the crucible drop list, so you can get crucible legendaries, ghosts, exotics, etc. The PvE nightfall only gives PvE rewards, the only rewards that overlap in the drop list are strange coins and exotics.

Holy shit. I need to get on with this then. Sounds cool.

Happy thanksgiving Dgaf! Sad I missed the Scandanavian First time raid.

Simon's labs all came back great! So we know there's no serious underlying problem. Just a matter of managing calories and figuring out the best plan moving forward. It's a lot of work, especially for my wife. Have to weigh him before and after every feeding, etc, but we know we're on a good course now. They hope we'll be able to go home Saturday.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words and prayers. Everyone enjoy your holiday!

Really happy for you! Hope he's all plump soon enough. :D

Simon's labs all came back great! So we know there's no serious underlying problem. Just a matter of managing calories and figuring out the best plan moving forward. It's a lot of work, especially for my wife. Have to weigh him before and after every feeding, etc, but we know we're on a good course now. They hope we'll be able to go home Saturday.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words and prayers. Everyone enjoy your holiday!

Glad to hear he's okay Luke, happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

the_id

I used to hate PVP in FPS but now I'm loving it. KDR is markedly improved and I always look forward to Trials.

The hardest thing is curbing my bloodlust. Seeing red on the radar always mean go for the kill! I need to control that and actually aim to stay alive.

I hope this weeks trials will NOT be Momento or Widows court. I hate those two maps.

I'm glad your son's ok. Have they got a diagnosis? Having an unwell child is so tough. Watching a parent go through it is tough. Amazing how resilient children are though compared to us whiny adults.

Lol! The auto rifle kills part is also the hardest for me, but I find that I have a much easier time with a nicely rolled suros auto rifle (not regime though) compared to anything else. The excellent sights help a lot track the opponent as I spray.

I'm using Monte Carlo its fun to use but lacking somewhat, it would be better if they all unlocked so you could pick and choose according to which map it is

Also just started using TLW again in prep for next month and people are right if you can adjust it works, so by extension I'm getting around to doing the chaperone quest 3 matches down and its at 28% with K/Ds of 1.68, 1.8 and 2.14 I see what people mean about it being a pain the 2.14 match jumped me 10%

Holy shit. I need to get on with this then. Sounds cool.

It's in no way cool https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ble_quest_line_from_lord_shaxx_how_to_unlock/

XenoRaven

You selling that Famicom GBA Micro??? :D

Great to hear man!

Mauser5000

Neo Member
pheeew fallout 4 exhaustion got me off guard! Time to boot up destiny. DGAF my huntress is 293 light, should i already give it a go with the kings fall? (i dont know whats with me and this fear of raids....)

LTWood12

I'm glad your son's ok. Have they got a diagnosis? Having an unwell child is so tough. Watching a parent go through it is tough. Amazing how resilient children are though compared to us whiny adults.

"Failure to Thrive." Basically low birth weight, and not super efficient at feeding. Just hasn't been getting enough calories.

pheeew fallout 4 exhaustion got me off guard! Time to boot up destiny. DGAF my huntress is 293 light, should i already give it a go with the kings fall? (i dont know whats with me and this fear of raids....)

They're scary because you don't know what to do.

But the only way to learn is to play. So give it a go with a good team. 293 is pretty low though.

I'm having a weird problem with Destiny. Anytime I boot it up, I hear the sound perfectly, coming through my home theater setup,(Onkyo TX-NR737, with Energy speakers), but once I get to the character selection screen the sound cuts out. I've tried other games, and they all play just fine, only Destiny has this problem. Nothing I do seems to work. I did upgrade the receiver firmware this morning, but everything else seems the same as it was except this problem.

slyght

Neo Member
Newbie question: Is Destiny fun to play if you don't have a clan or friends who play it, too? I most likely would have to play it alone or with random other players. This worked okayish in the demo, but I'm not sure if that's still the case, when missions are getting harder...

Namikaze1

DGAF POLL

ok peeps I'm headed to my aunt's house for turkey day.

Hakke shirt
Nepal shirt
Sunbreaker shirt
Sunbreaker

Wear that shirt with pride since the nerf is coming.

3hR5KEE.gif

Hmm got an idea for a new gif. Still got a brand new one saved up for the BWU next week.

Frenden

Banned
I'm having a weird problem with Destiny. Anytime I boot it up, I hear the sound perfectly, coming through my home theater setup,(Onkyo TX-NR737, with Energy speakers), but once I get to the character selection screen the sound cuts out. I've tried other games, and they all play just fine, only Destiny has this problem. Nothing I do seems to work. I did upgrade the receiver firmware this morning, but everything else seems the same as it was except this problem.
This's gonna sound stupid, but check your Destiny sound settings. Player specific settings only kick in once you hit the character select screen.

For instance, if you have your sound set to 25% and music on mute, it only kicks in after you menu past the login menu and hit the character select screen.

X-Frame

Sunbreaker Nerf Wishlist (PvP only):

- Reduce Damage Reduction by 50%.

A direct high-impact shotgun blast + a charged melee should kill them, every time. They can keep Cauterize working as it is.

- Reduce Hammer Proximity Detonation by 50% or more.

Throwing hammers in someone's general direction and getting a one-shot kill is BS. Make them aim, or have to use splash damage to get kills.

I think that is fair.

It was fun.

You played with them both at the same time? How could you tell them apart? They sound exactly the same... lol

Missing some destiny already because of this trip. I'll be back on the 29th tho...

In a perfect world I'd get DGAF help to do 3 HM KF between the 29th and 30th but I doubt we can get enough ppl to do that in 2 days. Friends list is a ghost town lately.

A direct high-impact shotgun blast + a charged melee should kill them, every time. They can keep Cauterize working as it is.

Throwing hammers in someone's general direction and getting a one-shot kill is BS. Make them aim, or have to use splash damage to get kills.

I think that is fair.

The speed of cauterize needs to slow down, I'll upload it later but I have a clip of me headshotting a Titan who then gets a kill I hit him again with a body shot, then hit him with TLW, he turns around and nails me with a sliver of health left. All in about 5 seconds

Reduce the super time to 15 seconds and hammers to 3 just like Golden Gun, as it the moment its like have two free heavy ammo rounds

Happy thanksgiving dgaf.

Cleaning house with star wars prequels on in rhe background while smell of Turkey lingers in the air.

I blame nami

Newbie question: Is Destiny fun to play if you don't have a clan or friends who play it, too? I most likely would have to play it alone or with random other players. This worked okayish in the demo, but I'm not sure if that's still the case, when missions are getting harder...

No Clan is fine always.

No Friends is fine until you finish the main game content. You will not be doing most of the endgame stuff if you don't have friends to do it with.

There's always DGAF tho. <3

Namikaze1

Off topic but went about checking my images' stats and my Bane Hype Rises gif is 200 views short of 50k. That single gif eclipses all my images, screenshots and gifs alike, multiple times.

And I made that gif for DGAF back in September as we waited for TTK to launch!

I think that is fair.

The speed of cauterize needs to slow down, I'll upload it later but I have a clip of me headshotting a Titan who then gets a kill I hit him again with a body shot, then hit him with TLW, he turns around and nails me with a sliver of health left. All in about 5 seconds

Reduce the super time to 15 seconds and hammers to 3 just like Golden Gun, as it the moment its like have two free heavy ammo rounds

I guess the potential issue is finding a balance so that the sum of all nerfs doesn't kill Hammer Bros too much. I don't think they're gonna do something like the super into a pure Golden Gun clone (You'd also have to make more changes since there are fundamental differences between the two).

I'm definitely behind reducing damage reduction. If I catch a Sunbreaker around a corner and start unloading Invective into them, it shouldn't be a 50/50 situation whether I can kill them before they react and throw a hammer at their feet.

And I think cauterize being slowed down has numerous positive effects. Right now it's clearly too powerful of a choice. Fire Keeper and Simmering Flames both have the potential to be very useful, but hardly anyone runs them because Cauterize is the clear winner.

GlamFM

Banned
"Failure to Thrive." Basically low birth weight, and not super efficient at feeding. Just hasn't been getting enough calories.

Been there. My daughter was born 3 months pre-mature. Spent way too much time in children hospitals...

Feeding was always an issue and we were back in the hospital 3 or 4 times during the first year.

Today she´s 3 and everything is perfect.

The longer I play, the less I am concerned about Sunbreakers in PvP.

It's more egregious in 6v6 I guess, but in Trials it's kind of as effective as any other super. I feel like it's a good lesson to everyone, to remember that running away is a great tactic in PvP.

I know it could do with a tweak, but if they somehow believe it's balanced as they want it already, I think I'll survive.

I'm more bothered by the primary weapon situation. I've learnt to love Pulse Rifles, but the lack of variety is kinda painful.

Strider

I think that is fair.

Over anything else I'd like to see the duration of both SunBreaker and Stormcaller nerfed. It's craaazy how long they can run around right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom