• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Gross, but I'll still do trials, soooo, anyone doing trials?

Edit: also is there a way to see what the map is other than going into a match?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Always watch your back in case of titan smash.

tumblr_nok2yciR7F1qjnhqgo1_500.jpg

I don't know one person who saw Batman vs Superman and said it was good. Was going to see it but I'd rather not waste my time. I don't think Henry even looks good as Supes. He looks too much like Marc Anthony to me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah this map is going to be garbage for those who get the opposite side of the balcony and someone who is going to abuse it.

I don't know one person who saw Batman vs Superman and said it was good. Was going to see it but I'd rather not waste my time. I don't think Henry even looks good as Supes. He looks too much like Marc Anthony to me.

Yeah I didn't like it that much. Something about most of the characters and story seemed off to me.

Gotta go see batman vs superman in 5 hours just because...haven't hyped for this movie since rage second stupid ass trailer.

What's the reward weapon for going 7-0 this week in trials? I still don't have a doctrine with counter balance.

X-Frame

I get all that. My biggest problem with SBMM is that it alienates me from my friends.

Of the 5 people I play Destiny with that I know in real life. None of them are on my skill level for PvP. My wife is close, but not close enough to be able to enjoy herself against enemies of my skill level.

Thus, my friends no longer want to play PvP with me, because they think we'll lose, and it'll mostly be their fault, and they wont have any fun with 3 kills and a .16 k/d.

Considering part of what makes Destiny so amazing is being able to play with your friends, it's odd to me that half the game (the PvP half) is designed to make you not have fun when doing just that.

Edit: My wife doesn't even play Iron Banner with me any more because she knows if she plays by herself, she wins like 60% of the time. If we play together, we hit 5 medallions pretty regularly.

Same here. My friends who had gotten Destiny a few months ago can consistently do well by themselves or together, but as soon as I join them they get 0.35 KDR's and can barely get a handful of kills.

Not only that but I just stomp with 30+ kills. So it seems to meet in the middle where the players are too experienced for them but not as experienced as me.

EDIT: Thinking about it more maybe this is the best compromise though? I don't know, I don't have enough experience in this stuff to make recommendations.

Before I fall asleep:

BvS isn't that bad, and I'm not even a DC guy. I have no idea why it's being so viciously destroyed. Batfleck is legit awesome, even if the rest of the movie is convoluted and isnt as good as I hoped. It's like a 2.5/5 not the 0/5 stinker everyone is making it out to be.

What I'm saying is that if you keep expectations in check and like Batman, Supes, etc, it's worth a watch, maybe as a matinee or a rental later.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Before I fall asleep:

BvS isn't that bad, and I'm not even a DC guy. I have no idea why it's being so viciously destroyed. Batfleck is legit awesome, even if the rest of the movie is convoluted and isnt as good as I hoped. It's like a 2.5/5 not the 0/5 stinker everyone is making it out to be.

What I'm saying is that if you keep expectations in check and like Batman, Supes, etc, it's worth a watch, maybe as a matinee or a rental later.

I think the problem is that. They expect greatness on a historic level since this is three of the most famous comic book characters of all time in a really anticipated movie with a $200+ million budget. Given all that you can't even come out with an average movie, it has to be great.

Blunoise

I think the problem is that. They expect greatness on a historic level since this is three of the most famous comic book characters of all time in a really anticipated movie with a $200+ million budget. Given all that you can't even come out with an average movie, it has to be great.
Yea it was ok but I was still disappointed, oh well let's hope justice league part 1 will be greatness

I've got time for a ticket if you guys need a third.

Drizzay you up for trials with ape since john is taking that sweet nap?

I can run one now but it also doesn't really matter to me. If Kor wants to go now then you three could totally roll out. I'll be around all day, so it's all good.

edit: @Kor- I think we're gonna run a card now since we'd talked about it earlier this week but I'm up for doing some Trials whenever schedules work.

I enjoyed it, but the movie is very jarring since they did a piss poor job editing. I will just say that while it is marketed as Batman v Superman, superman is hardly there. It was basically the Batman show.

ocean

Banned
For a while Wish You Luck was creating a new account every day to combat the SBMM, and he was recking people with green and blue weapons too lol.

Well we all know that Bungie cares a lot about attracting new players and keeping newer players engaged with the game. And we should care about that too if we want Destiny to have long and healthy legs as a game. Destiny PvP is currently very skill heavy. Maybe at the highest levels there is no "skill gap", but the difference between the top 30% and the bottom 30% is huge. If the bottom 30% just kept getting rekt every match they would quit and stop playing. That's why we have the SBMM.
In every shooter ever made you'll be better than some people and worse than others. This is just the way it is.

What people really hate is lag. This game has the laggiest lobbies of any modern shooter by an enormous stretch, it's an embarrassment. That'll cost you more players than any skill imbalance.

Lag is cancer and Bungie somehow still believes it's an acceptable price in the name of rigged (oops I mean balanced) matches.

ocean

Banned
Lumi Viole and Hype hit a crazy sweaty final boss on a Trials passage. Both teams had an avg ELO over 2500 (eacch team in the lobby had a player in the top 5 ToO PS4 ELO ranks).

The BSK/13Dev team won 5-0 tho.

the_id

Just posting roster again for today's GAF v GAF games.

1. Merhmantrout
2. the_id
3. real2kev (bigmanny)
4. Biggy
5. Tri4
6. Shiv47
7. Feetiemaomao (If he's awake)
8. Night_Knight
9. stay gold (seanders_89)
10. Blazeuk
11. X_magik_ox
12. Pandora012

Subs:
1. TheAquaticApe
2. DrDrizzay (maybe if we don't do Mayhem Clash)
3. Ballistic
4. EJrobinson

phen0m24

Lumi Viole and Hype hit a crazy sweaty final boss on a Trials passage. Both teams had an avg ELO over 2500 (eacch team in the lobby had a player in the top 5 ToO PS4 ELO ranks).

The BSK/13Dev team won 5-0 tho.

hey you around? I think Josh is in orbit :) Thanks Ocean

scratch that - he was (I can text him though)

Top Bottom