• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see how that's 322 or a throw or anything but I guess that's a leddit trend to call any defeat a throw
eyeroll.gif

shira

StarLadder Info

t1452682800z1.png

LGD vs Spirit, Navi vs Fnatic

t1452687600z1.png

EG vs Spirit, VP vs Secret

t1452692400z1.png

EG vs LGD

rvGI8ZV.png
--> [A] vs Navi <---
rvGI8ZV.png

t1452697200z1.png

Fnatic vs [A], Vega vs Wings

t1452702000z1.png

Liquid vs CoL, Spirit vs [A]

t1452706800z1.png

Liquid vs Secret, VP vs Wings

t1452711600z1.png

Vega vs Secret, Col vs VP

t1452716400z1.png

Liquid vs Vega, CoL Vs Wings

kionedrik

Position 1 furion isn't that unusual. Plenty of teams have played him that way in the past.

It was tried before but the idea was dropped quickly because he can't be a frontliner, hence my surprise at the Na'Vi pick.

It might work in this game because Fnatic's lineup is super greedy and won't come online soon enough

What do you guys think of battlefury spectre?

Had some idiot on my team that refused to get it when he was struggling to get his radiance.

sounds completely ass
should have gone for the small items build of drums,urn,phase so he can be useful in team fights/haunt ganks then transition to diffusal and manta to heart and butterfly

Demoli

I still feel you gotta go radiance instead of diffusal on spectre, unless you are against an omniknight.

Radiance is too good on that hero.

I still feel you gotta go radiance instead of diffusal on spectre, unless you are against an omniknight.

If she has the space to farm it and the team is not getting pressured then I agree with you. Otherwise, I think having diffusal or parts of it could help turn the team fights to your favour.

Team Spirit just got demolished!

Wok

Care to explain why Bfury is bad on PA?

The fact that it's not a must have in all games doesn't make it a bad item. Unless you are forced to fight early there's very few reasons not to get it on PA.

It is greedy, especially if the player cannot last hit.

It is not because the item is good that you have to rush it.

All these games that I have been playing Spectre the wrong way... Sort of.

No need to rush Radiance. Go for simple items and be ultra aggressive early game.

Just copy this guy:

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/917...&faction=&duration=12-&timezone=Europe/Berlin

Start: Stout + 2x Tango
Then: Quelling Blade

IlIPwos.png

Build: Phase / Wand / Urn / Drums / Manta / Diffusal

If the game is still not won, upgrade Diffusal, go for whatever / Radiance / Skadi / etc.

Spells: Max Dagger, then Max Desolate and finally Max Dispersion.

I had a Wisp in my team. Otherwise, I don't know how this guy manages to spam Dagger.

bbd23

woke up in time for the second eg game

lumi is casting it

facepalm.gif

arteezy druid, fear earth spirit

what a time to be an EG fan

Red UFO

Every now and then I'll add Europe East and Russia to my queue thinking "it can't be as bad as I remember, surely."

It is worse than I remember.

Low Tier
BF on PA is not good. I also had to chuckle a bit at my 100% verifiable fact that hardly any top rated Dotabuff player builds being 'false'.

im actually so happy you posted this

LG79xRU.png

These are all players that are probably FAR better than any random pa pub spammer, and its pretty much unanimous that BF is the item to build on her. (Overlooking the fact that yes 6 out of the 8 on the dotabuff 100 go bfury) But honestly, dotabuff player rankings are about as useful as appendicitis.

Like I said earlier, BF is the item for PA because that hero needs to stay ahead of farm in order to be efficient, she's not a miraculous comeback hero like spectre, and she doesn't have the early fight potential of a hero like slark or ember. People who advocate shitty fighting builds on carries that don't need it are probably the same people who average like 3 last hits a minute on your hard 1 position and wonder why they lose when they keep dieing to the enemy mid or offlane.

Like you've somehow managed to out-do yourself and clawed your way up to the worst poster in this thread, even with all the shitposting that happens in this thread on a regular. Quite honestly, stop giving awful advice in this thread to newer players. It's one thing to post stupid troll shit so the regulars have something to read, but when a genuinely new person has inquiries about the game, the last thing they need is ill-fated advice from a bad player who's stuck in awful habits. (I'm sure smurfing and making a new account at the first sign of difficulty in your games is a GREAT measure of your ability to play the game) But I'm sure you'll just glance over this post and dodge this conversation, just like you do with any post that calls out your shitposting in this thread. In fact, the only thing you can't seem to dodge is your own dick as you constantly perform self-fellatio in this thread bragging about yourself in sub 3k euro pub 5 stacks all the while dismissing ranked matchmaking, which is the only feasible way for lower level players and pub players to actually quantify any form of improvement in dota without submitting themselves to the prospect of a team.

Here's some genuine advice for new players: when in doubt, just follow the professional players. It's better to not make your own decisions in this game, but to simply mimic what works for the best, until you can understand for yourself why it works. Always stress your limits, dota is a game about muscle memory. Play out every engagement/scenario you can so that you'll know in the future if you should or shouldn't do it. Not sure if PL+lion can kill this offlane abaddon at X minute with items WYZ? Try it, please.

Red UFO

I have been extremely underwhelmed by Earth Spirit in CM. The only impressive play I've seen on him is from Fear (didn't watch any shanghai qualifiers though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom