• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember throwing a fit about the amount of Sven shit over a year ago, it's only gotten worse. If Valve would cone out and say "okay these heroes have enough sets we will not approve any of them anymore" I'm sure this problem would be rectified but instead they just pile on by giving heroes like Axe a billion immortals.

They probably have already done that for pudge sets, there's really not a lot of them coming out now

kionedrik

I remember throwing a fit about the amount of Sven shit over a year ago, it's only gotten worse. If Valve would cone out and say "okay these heroes have enough sets we will not approve any of them anymore" I'm sure this problem would be rectified but instead they just pile on by giving heroes like Axe a billion immortals.

Blame:
a) The people that keep making sets for those heroes that appeal to the lowest common denominator.
b) The people that want to empower their macho personality by dressing up their "super badass" heroes and set the lowest common denominator.
c) Valve for providing the tools for both to coexist.

Personally, I think Valve's just in it for the money and doesn't care about anything else which, from a business PoV, is perfectly acceptable.

Blame:
a) The people that keep making sets for those heroes that appeal to the lowest common denominator.
b) The people that want to empower their macho personality by dressing up their "super badass" heroes and set the lowest common denominator.
c) Valve for providing the tools for both to coexist.

Personally, I think Valve's just in it for the money and doesn't care about anything else which, from a business PoV, is perfectly acceptable.

The same could be said about the people that make those sets. Its an unfortunate situation because it seems like those are the types of sets that sell.

kionedrik

The same could be said about the people that make those sets. Its an unfortunate situation because it seems like those are the types of sets that sell.

Is it even possible to make a living off of making hats? Honest question, I have no idea if you can make a reliable income off of it or if it's just a profitable hobby.

At the end of the day hats are Valve way of making money, that's why I don't blame them for not forcing some sort of parity between all heroes. I do blame them however for allowing clear low-effort sets and lore-breaking ones.

Low Tier
$15 item that allows you to locally disable all cosmetics, so all heroes are strictly vanilla for you. Expires at the end of every major, so its like a subscription.

Then you'll all stop bitching

Vade

$15 item that allows you to locally disable all cosmetics, so all heroes are strictly vanilla for you. Expires at the end of every major, so its like a subscription.

iD59LkV.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

what about if instead it makes the heroes wear all of my cosmetics, so that i'm constantly surrounded my affirmations of my own fine taste

DrPizza

Banned
wl3srvo.png

#notgambling
#ezultrarares

One in 400 to one in 399!

I honestly don't know what the point of this rarity shit is. Why not make it that if you buy out the complete set, you get the bonus items or something? Volvo still gets more money, and I get the hats I want.

I honestly don't know what the point of this rarity shit is. Why not make it that if you buy out the complete set, you get the bonus items or something? Volvo still gets more money, and I get the hats I want.

because gambling addicts
Look at faceless rex and people buying hundreds of chests

Twookie

i wish valve allowed sets/models to have a higher texture resolution and polygon counts so that they don't look like shit close up

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Valve really should have just set up a bar to let you know the odds. Sure, its likely not good business to show it start at 1/500 or 1/1000, but at least you would see the odds really do increase.

Gurrry

So, if you have a battle pass and win but dont do an achievement or bet any points... you dont get any experience?? Thats pretty shity. How are you supposed to even level this thing up if you cant do the paths?

What is the best course of action to level this fucker up?

73V3N

Banned
trash anime and now kanye west, this thread keeps getting worse

So, if you have a battle pass and win but dont do an achievement or bet any points... you dont get any experience?? Thats pretty shity. How are you supposed to even level this thing up if you cant do the paths?

What is the best course of action to level this fucker up?

you get the other teams points if they bet and you win (you will get like 50 points though lol)

Gurrry

you get the other teams points if they bet and you win (you will get like 50 points though lol)

Oh i didnt know that. Still though, hardly a replacement for getting xp for winning. I mean shit, a 50 spot of battle points would do.

My problem is that alot of these paths you are forced to pick a certain set of heroes (ie someone with a debuff ability) AND you also have to be going against a certain set of heroes (someone with a buff).

This is my first compendium ive ever bought, so im not sure if they are all like this, but it has been pretty difficult to just get this thing to level 5 over the past week.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It just occurred to me that Kanye releasing a new album is a genuine cultural event and I got a little excited even tho I haven't listened to a Kanye album in like a decade.

Chris R

'i miss the old kanye'

white people anthem incomingT

My rankings go MBDTF > CD > Graduation > LR

I do miss old kanye

edit: Looking back on my losses from last night, I need to do better and work on my "leadership" because Sven needed Blink to close on their Sniper and 44 minute first major item (Treads/HoD/BKB) on Luna isn't going to do anyone any good.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I played a match as Junkrat and he was so fun. I want to play him some more but I'm feeling guilty cause he's basically Techies. Whaat do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom