• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Every single PA game: Early-mid goes great, then enemy carry gets MKB and other stuff, BKB isn't even enough to stay alive, lose game.

It sounds more like a draft problem.

It also doesn't help that BKB makes her unable to jump on someone, although that one isn't as big of a deal since you can jump on teammates or creeps.

In this case, you do not get the bonus attack speed, so it is as valuable as a riki blink strike on a teammate.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm starting to get a little concerned that nobody's heard from Matt for days.

I'm starting to get a little concerned that nobody's heard from Matt for days.

Perhaps he was shut up by his lawyer? I do think he can just sit the community's backlash out. If I were guilty and in this position I'd wait for the heat to cool off as well. I see little good coming out of speaking up right now unless he has very good explanations.

Honestly can't wait for this drama to unfold

Terrible attitude really but very much in line with the average r/dota visitor so yeah, little surprise. I hope this stuff gets sorted out quickly and that there is a reasonable explanation on Matt's end for why things turned out this unfortunate.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Perhaps he was shut up by his lawyer? I do think he can just sit the community's backlash out. If I were guilty and in this position I'd wait for the heat to cool off as well. I see little good coming out of speaking up right now unless he has very good explanations.

It's one thing to not speak directly regarding the situation, but no tweets, no gaf posts, has anybody seen him? It's like he vanished.
dac15_fade.gif

Terrible attitude really but very much in line with the average r/dota visitor so yeah, little surprise. I hope this stuff gets sorted out quickly and that there is a reasonable explanation on Matt's end for why things turned out this unfortunate.

What's wrong with wanting justice to be done?

Potentially $500,000 has been stolen.

Like I said, because some have a soft spot for him, out comes the "I hopes he's ok" "I'm sure he's not like that".

If starladder had done the same, would they cut the same slack?

Or even tobi?

Category 1 theft, starting point is 3 plus years.

Edit: In fact we saw it with korok when he was charged for beating his friend.

The excuses "stop spreading lies, he's been charged not arrested"

What's wrong with wanting justice to be done?

Potentially $500,000 has been stolen.

Like I said, because some have a soft spot for him, out comes the "I hopes he's ok" "I'm sure he's not like that".

If starladder had done the same, would they cut the same slack?

Or even tobi?

Category 1 theft, starting point is 3 plus years.

Edit: In fact we saw it with korok when he was charged for beating his friend.

The excuses "stop spreading lies, he's been charged not arrested"

You misunderstood my statement. I do not care about Matt. I find Reddit's omnipresent lust for drama despicable and an obvious indicator that these kids have too much time on their hands and too little meaningful content to fill their lives with. If Matt turns out to be guilty, he'll get the flak. I for one hope this is a misunderstanding so that no drama at the expense of an individual will be necessary. May or may not happen, how am I supposed to know? I am all for resolving the situation. I might be reaching but Shugga as well as most of that subreddit make the impression on me that they'd rather see Matt being a scam than this thing turning out a misunderstanding because drama is more fun.

It is painfully obvious that this particular subreddit pops the corks like no other when people get presumably exposed. I decided midway through 2015 that this infantile rubbish was not worth my time anymore. I visit almost a dozen subreddits simulatenously and none, none is even remotely this awful.

You misunderstood my statement. I do not care about Matt. I find Reddit's omnipresent lust for drama despicable and an obvious indicator that these kids have too much time on their hands and too little meaningful content to fill their lives with. If Matt turns out to be guilty, he'll get the flak. I for one hope this is a misunderstanding so that no drama at the expense of an individual will be necessary. May or may not happen, how am I supposed to know? I am all for resolving the situation. I might be reaching but Shugga as well as most of that subreddit make the impression on me that they'd rather see Matt being a scam than this thing turning out a misunderstanding because drama is more fun.

It is painfully obvious that this particular subreddit pops the corks like no other when people get presumably exposed. I decided midway through 2015 that this infantile rubbish was not worth my time anymore. I visit almost a dozen subreddits simulatenously and none, none is even remotely this awful.
I don't even know what subreddit you're talking about
For the bolded part, I'm just curious what the fuck has been going on that payments are taking more than a year to go through and it's obvious there's some kind of massive fuck up somewhere

kionedrik

Everybody is innocent until proven otherwise.

Matt, Secret admins and whoever else is involved in this mess don't owe the general public any explanation, so don't expect them do come out and give it.

kionedrik

Tobi wasn't convicted of hate speech or racist language so he's innocent.

Did he kill your dog or something similar? You don't like the guy, we got it, so stop mentioning him and using him as a jumping point every time something controversial happens.

What he did was wrong but whoever had the responsibility to punish what he said (Valve and any other tournament organizer) decided to look the other way. It doesn't excuse his behavior nor does it make him "innocent" (and the fact he didn't commit a crime is besides the point).

In this case, if what has been said it's true, there is a serious felony being committed. It's up to whoever has the legitimacy to judge it to come up with the truth and punish the guilty, not the internet mob.

Did he kill your dog or something similar? You don't like the guy, we got it, so stop mentioning him and using him as a jumping point every time something controversial happens.

What he did was wrong but whoever had the responsibility to punish what he said (Valve and any other tournament organizer) decided to look the other way. It doesn't excuse his behavior nor does it make him "innocent" (and the fact he didn't commit a crime is besides the point).

No actually quite the opposite.

I don't particularly care for him, just wanted to show the community's willingness to just jump on someone because they don't like them

And the opposite being true in this case with Cyborgmatt.

If Tobi is racist, Matt's a fraudulent thief then surely?

Nere

Guys really pissed off would like your help.

I played a game picked jugger specifically to finish the quest complete Battle Fury before the game reaches 20min. I finished it at 16min but I noticed the quest didn't ticked but thought meh will tick when 20min pass but when it reached 20min it showed me I failed the quest. In the end we ended up winning the game but didn't finished my quest. Wtf? Is there any way to contact valve or something or there is no hope?

Here is the game http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2162754965

I played a game picked jugger specifically to finish the quest complete Battle Fury before the game reaches 20min. I finished it at 16min but I noticed the quest didn't ticked but thought meh will tick when 20min pass but when it reached 20min it showed me I failed the quest. In the end we ended up winning the game but didn't finished my quest. Wtf? Is there any way to contact valve or something or there is no hope?

uhhh good luck with that
Try again

shira

Stuff like this usually resolves itself in a few hours in my experience. If not reddit or dev.dota2 forums are a much better place to talk bugs.

52club

Uttering racist drivel is not illegal in the US, sadly. Embezzlement however is a big fucking deal when so much money is at stake.

What is that even supposed to mean?

RIP freedom of speech

I would prefer people with those beliefs to identify themselves by saying what they feel.

inkls

I swear, PA is garbage. She has same problem as Omniknight: One item takes away one of her skills that she needs to survive and she becomes pretty much useless, To make up for that you have to use more inventory slots on survivability, and maybe, just maybe, it will work. Otherwise she just gets outcarried by anyone else that has an MKB or Silver Edge. 99% you are pretty much forced to get BKB.

We're talking about the same omniknight that has the highest pub winrate right? One item doesn't seem to be enough.

Nere

uhhh good luck with that
Try again

Yeah you can contact valve about it actually, common issue

I'd email support@valvesoftware.com and see what they say.

Pretty shoddy to be honest, spent all that money and it hasn't worked.

Might also be worth contacting them on twitter.

Stuff like this usually resolves itself in a few hours in my experience. If not reddit or dev.dota2 forums are a much better place to talk bugs.

Thank you for your suggestions. I emailed them although I doubt anything will happen. Will check in a few hours to see if it is resolved on its own which I also doubt. Will do it again probably, I really hate those quests.

t0rment

that's what you get for buying valve shit lmao.

and i'm pretty sure heavy's fucking with u, valve doesn't answer any emails. you can create a thread on reddit, maybe they'll see.

Quesa

I don't particularly care for him, just wanted to show the community's willingness to just jump on someone because they don't like them

This thread hasn't exactly been filled with adoration for Matt these past few days. I don't know if you noticed.

And you're right, people are more likely to give a pass or be lenient to people they've already identified as friendly or likable in the past. You've taken great pains to prove that and we're all proud of your commitment. I'm sure you've looked the other way for someone you liked or appreciated in the past. Like all people do.

kvk1

What ones do you use.

Any form of online streaming. Mostly Google Play.

I used to spend entire weekends fiddling with my Foobar UIs, tags, FLACs, etc. back in high school.

That is not the life my friends. Join the rest of the civilized world with our large catalogs and on-the-go access.

This thread hasn't exactly been filled with adoration for Matt these past few days. I don't know if you noticed.

And you're right, people are more likely to give a pass or be lenient to people they've already identified as friendly or likable in the past. You've taken great pains to prove that and we're all proud of your commitment. I'm sure you've looked the other way for someone you liked or appreciated in the past. Like all people do.

Appreciate the acknowledgment.

Need a source on your penultimate sentence

the tea on PA is king NECROBOOK

this resolves all of her issues

buy NECROBOOK on itunes and google play today

I thought the whole point of PAnus was to win early/mid????

like she's obviously not anywhere near the hardest carry in the game

buffs to int/supports were rough on her too

shira

the tea on PA is king NECROBOOK

this resolves all of her issues

buy NECROBOOK on itunes and google play today

I thought the whole point of PAnus was to win early/mid????

like she's obviously not anywhere near the hardest carry in the game

buffs to int/supports were rough on her too

I only use Tidal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom