• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

eyeroll.gif
Dagon 5: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2239885695

Well, offlane Puck was a thing for a while.

Mid and Offlane are somewhat interchangable. Remember for a while WR was reliably an offlane hero, it was only recently (last patch at least) that she was consistently picked as a Mid. LD has been viable in both, niche meta-dependent picks like FV and PA have seen both mid and offlane play.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This patch talk is all trolling, right? Because this meta doesn't feel stale or boring to me at the moment... It's so fun to watch teams play it well

giff 6.87

sure nothing feels blatantly op like lesh/doom/storm/troll/sniper of the past, but something about this patch just has me playing the fewest amount of dota games i've played pretty much ever (in my 7-8 years of playing dota from dota1 to hon to dota2). maybe it's just a result of other games like POE eating up my time, but i legit just have 0 desire to play dota right now and it's been like that for the last few weeks (and that is a genuinely new feeling for me lol, i'm usually always thirsty for dota it was a fkn ritual for me)

stale meta BOYS i need some hero tweaks and shit to toy around with

I think the meta is "ok" for viewers, boring as fuck to play though.

this is also my gut feeling and probably the first time ive ever agreed with pompidu. the patch is definitely fun to watch (maybe cause most games are close and last at least 40-50 minutes), but it doesn't feel particularly fun to play--just can't explain it, maybe my desire for doto died with shadowfiend RIP

i don't even give a shit about new heroes. i just like to read patch notes, theorycraft, and experiment like crzy in those first 3-4 weeks, no better vidya game feeling than that new dota balance patch feel

Anyone here climbed up in ranks just by supporting?
It's my most comfortable role and I just feel sometimes you just have to be lucky with carries unlike when you're mid where you can control the game somewhat.

I'll be spamming Witch Doctor. I found out I just need to be wise about when to skill Voodoo Healing and make sure I make the most of my ulti.

It's my most comfortable role and I just feel sometimes you just have to be lucky with carries unlike when you're mid where you can control the game somewhat.

I'll be spamming Witch Doctor. I found out I just need to be wise about when to skill Voodoo Healing and make sure I make the most of my ulti.

Nope not for me.

i haven't played that much ranked though.

If I don't play a core role, I expect to lose.

The M.O.B

I mainly play support, but am comfortable playing mostly any role. You just have to luck out and hope that at least one of your cores isn't a crazed, selfish, and arrogant player..............so pretty much impossible.

With that said, I am now 12-5 since coming out of my 4 month retirement. Haven't played this patch at all and I really like the changes.

I played quite a few games as Omni back then and it worked out well.

yarden24

You can easily climb the ranks while supporting, you will havr games where the cores are bad and you lose, but generally if you make it easy for them to farm, they will.

Nope not for me.

i haven't played that much ranked though.

If I don't play a core role, I expect to lose.

How do you feel when you play core and the support is doing a bad job?
When I play core and I feel supports are not supporting, I buy wards to secure my lane's sight. I sometimes wonder though if not buying wards at all may be the right thing to do and just focus on farming and getting my items.
Ok, this question is not exclusively for ranked.

You can easily climb the ranks while supporting, you will havr games where the cores are bad and you lose, but generally if you make it easy for them to farm, they will.

I know that it is possible as I saw a few who have done exclusively using supports but I dont know if we can consider it easy.

I played quite a few games as Omni back then and it worked out well.

So the advisable strategy is to spam heroes you are efficient and can do the most impact with? What's your Omni build? I have a fun Omnibuild (euls, soul ring, sny, drums) that seems to be working in lower brackets but I have to sacrifice laning. Do you try to adapt depending on the enemies' pick? As a support I am always expected to pick first.

I mainly play support, but am comfortable playing mostly any role. You just have to luck out and hope that at least one of your cores isn't a crazed, selfish, and arrogant player..............so pretty much impossible.

With that said, I am now 12-5 since coming out of my 4 month retirement. Haven't played this patch at all and I really like the changes.

Good for you! I am comfortable playing any position EXCEPT mid so that's a big disadvantagee for me.

I honestly don't remember my build as my last solo ranked game was 13 months ago. Generally, heroes with abilities to keep your cores alive tend to do really well in pubs especially since you, according to yourself, are in a low MMR range.

I find supporting way harder than playing position 1 so I have just stopped playing that role unless I random it.

G.ZZZ

When i actually played i got to 5.4k by using only supports i was comfortable with. Keeping vision up and make possible for your carry to farm, as well as save people with tp are things that win you games.

Then all my favorite supports got nerfed and i stopped playing this shit game. You should do so too.

When i actually played i got to 5.4k by using only supports i was comfortable with. Keeping vision up and make possible for your carry to farm, as well as save people with tp are things that win you games.

Then all my favorite supports got nerfed and i stopped playing this shit game. You should do so too.

Ahahahaha. Who are your favorite supports? The rubberband mechanics seems too powerful right now but I'm still enjoying the game somehow. For me, it's a cycle of quitting when the game gets too stale for my taste and returning when a big patch comes out and when my friends are playing again .

P.S. Oyasumi Punpun right? Great manga!

I honestly don't remember my build as my last solo ranked game was 13 months ago. Generally, heroes with abilities to keep your cores alive tend to do really well in pubs especially since you, according to yourself, are in a low MMR range.

I find supporting way harder than playing position 1 so I have just stopped playing that role unless I random it.

Words from the wise. I have a friend who constantly dives and throws (he is a very efficient and skilled player besides that) and 1 time I decided to pick Dazzle to keep him from diving and dying. We won and I'll make it a point to pick Dazzle eveytime I play with him.

yarden24

HON is so ugly.

So the advisable strategy is to spam heroes you are efficient and can do the most impact with? What's your Omni build? I have a fun Omnibuild (euls, soul ring, sny, drums) that seems to be working in lower brackets but I have to sacrifice laning. Do you try to adapt depending on the enemies' pick? As a support I am always expected to pick first.

the best strategy to gaining MMR is to random every game until you are good at most roles, thats what I did, and I stand by it.

started reading it now out of curiosity. Good stuff.
This is pretty depressing

Yeah good stuff and makes you feel depressed too. Prepare your heart to be broken more times :p~

HON is so ugly.

the best strategy to gaining MMR is to random every game until you are good at most roles, thats what I did, and I stand by it.

I random every unranked game so I'm well versed with most heroes. I don't want going into ranked with all carry though so might as well pick the support.

Huh, what makes you say that? Comeback mechanic is barely relevant currently

Maybe it's just the low tier and my friends' preference for throwing

6.87 is gonna nerf Sven and I'll likely quit playing as a consequence. Most fun carry in the game. By the way, how long is Shugga banned? I swear he was responsible for 25% of the posts in this thread lmao. He sure got a lot of time on his hands but I guess keeping the Dota thread always on top of the community forum wasn't the worst thing.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
6.87 is gonna nerf Sven and I'll likely quit playing as a consequence. Most fun carry in the game. By the way, how long is Shugga banned? I swear he was responsible for 25% of the posts in this thread lmao. He sure got a lot of time on his hands but I guess keeping the Dota thread always on top of the community forum wasn't the worst thing.

he's permabanned

marrec

Banned

Shuggs is done for good RIP

Why would they nerf Sven though? I think he's in a pretty good place right now balance wise.

kionedrik

bORrQ4a.png

close enough.

we need a new grandmaster shit poster to take his place.
or not... please don't...

Shockingly, other than Hylian and Shugga I don't recognize anyone on that list. I really never check the nick names and mostly go by avatars I guess. Once you change it, there is a good chance I'll erase any memory of you I ever had lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom