• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went into some custom game to test and a lvl25 mirana with hand of midas can still suffer from 1s+ lingering. That might be worse case scenario but even on average you'll have something like half a second, which is quite significant.

Especially when I'm using lvl 1 Nova early and there's 2 enemies it can turn many very close but doable situations into certain death.

For trading on lane it's going to be worse, too, I think, even if it's nice that their initial attack animation will be slowed down the moment a spirit hits.

Just went into some custom game to test and a lvl25 mirana with hand of midas can still suffer from 1s+ lingering. That might be worse case scenario but even on average you'll have something like half a second, which is quite significant.

Especially when I'm using lvl 1 Nova early and there's 2 enemies it can turn many very close but doable situations into certain death.

For trading on lane it's going to be worse, too, I think, even if it's nice that their initial attack animation will be slowed down the moment a spirit hits.

Well I'll trust your tests. I'm anxious to see how this effects troll, honestly.

The spawn boxes/tower attack range visibility is a very good thing. Some (most?) of the people (?) in this community lash their personal egos too tightly to the perceived difficulty of this game, lol.

I hope Licefrog and the 2.5 people still working on the game continue to mine League for ideas.

Red UFO

People worrying about RTZ whether or not he can play a true pos. 2 need to find some videos of him playing puck, it's kind of outstanding.

Quesa

These kinds of tumultuous roster changes make how relatively stable [A] has been through the years all the more notable.

marrec

Banned
These kinds of tumultuous roster changes make how relatively stable [A] has been through the years all the more notable.

And despite not being competitive for quite a long stretch during their time together. People are trying to argue that DOTA shouldn't work like other sports with relatively stable rosters because of the type of competition but [A] is an example of a stable roster that's been able to be at the top of their game not once but twice.

I hate rooting for players over teams, who wants to fucking "bleed blue" when PPD is literally the only player left?

Counter strike scene is a pretty good case for roster stability, and I would say Dota requires even more reliance on teammates. It's honestly strange to me how much rosters move around in Dota, but I suppose that's life.

KingKong

Spring Battle pass with the spring terrain incoming. If thats 2 months then TI6 compendium in June? thats a lot later than before. also oooh

Frozen Chains TI6 Immortal: Lich
Rainbow Spear: Possible Phantom Lancer Immortal
Solar Forge: Possible Phoenix Immortal
Crimson Pique: Possible Weaver Immortal
Omniknight TI6 Immortal

ViviOggi

Tower indicators weren't really needed but as long as it's not League's nuclear alert I don't mind it. Neutral spawn boxes are sweet.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Counter strike scene is a pretty good case for roster stability, and I would say Dota requires even more reliance on teammates. It's honestly strange to me how much rosters move around in Dota, but I suppose that's life.

Everyone in CS knows they can't beat Fnatic so they're happy to collect sticker money and fight over the other places.

Quesa

Having a hard time coming up with NA names that would fit the caliber of the previous EG squad. They might have to pull a liquid and go EU. I could see

1. Waga
2. W33
3. Misery
4. zai
Quesa
6. ppd

doing ok. Waga's probably the weak link there since he's yet to prove himself with a top-tier team (IIRC), but I'm having trouble coming up with good carry players that would make the switch this late.

kionedrik

Having a hard time coming up with NA names that would fit the caliber of the previous EG squad. They might have to pull a liquid and go EU. I could see

1. Waga
2. W33
3. Misery
4. zai
Quesa
6. ppd

doing ok. Waga's probably the weak link there since he's yet to prove himself with a top-tier team (IIRC), but I'm having trouble coming up with good carry players that would make the switch this late.

Isn't Black available?

Wasn't Zai in some team?

fr0st

Banned
guys I have a problem

whenever I play I get randomly disconnected and my MODEM soft resets.

It has only happened with dota and im confused as to why its happening.

I verified the game files but I dont want to change anything else cause it might cause some problems.

Anyone had this problem before?

any takers for this?

sorry for spamming it.

I havea charter router if that helps.

marrec

Banned
any takers for this?

sorry for spamming it.

I havea charter router if that helps.

There's probably some specific port that you have to open up via your router settings or you have to update the firmware.

Updating the firmware and opening ports is different per router, so you'd have to look up the specifics for your model.

Just google "[router name and/or model] crashing dota" see what you get.

fr0st

Banned
There's probably some specific port that you have to open up via your router settings or you have to update the firmware.

Updating the firmware and opening ports is different per router, so you'd have to look up the specifics for your model.

Just google "[router name and/or model] crashing dota" see what you get.

sorry its not my router but its my MODEM.

it soft resets at random times whenever im playing dota.

my router isnt the problem.

marrec

Banned
sorry its not my router but its my MODEM.

it soft resets at random times whenever im playing dota.

my router isnt the problem.

Is your router separate from your modem? Most modern setups have these combined into a single unit.

If it's a separate modem box flipping it's shit over DOTA I have no idea but soft resets while playing a specific game sounds like a port sharing issue.

fr0st

Banned
Is your router separate from your modem? Most modern setups have these combined into a single unit.

If it's a separate modem box flipping it's shit over DOTA I have no idea.

yea its separate cause if i wanted it as one I have to pay more instead of using a modem + router combo

Russ T

Banned
Pretty sure that this means the opposite of that? In that its a sign he is coming sooner rather than latter.

This patch is to bide time so everything doesnt devolve during Valve vacation lol.

"REMOVED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Really disappointed to find out Dark Souls 3 uses the hub + branch level design of DS2 rather than the seamless, organic world of Dark Souls. Really disappointed. Watching the Giant Bomb guys stream and they literally just used a bonfire to warp to the first area of the game. I'm so sad right now.

hmm ritsu and Moo to EG...

poor Moo
NotLikeThis.png
NotLikeThis.png
NotLikeThis.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom