• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pratfall

what are peoples thoughts on soul ring for mid zeus. per 109s advice I have been going bottle into arcanes, disassemble for aether lens, and the build works very well (thanks) but there are still a number of times where I am running back to base for regen. do you think it is too much of a hit to aether lens timing to fit a soul ring into the build?

what are peoples thoughts on soul ring for mid zeus. per 109s advice I have been going bottle into arcanes, disassemble for aether lens, and the build works very well (thanks) but there are still a number of times where I am running back to base for regen. do you think it is too much of a hit to aether lens timing to fit a soul ring into the build?
Had the same prob then I kept the arcanes and build the lens next thn disassemble the arcanes for the octarine bot aghs gg refresher

misc-fEEd.png
evoChina.png

this is cloud 9 level shit

the flak shot killed the ember LUL

Have you tried getting Arcanes again after disassembling for Aether? S4 does it so it's probably not the worst thing ever.

Pratfall

Have you tried getting Arcanes again after disassembling for Aether? S4 does it so it's probably not the worst thing ever.

ive thought about it. its always a balance because I want to get my veil up asap and 900 gold is a null and robe of intelligence, both of which help me with mana anyway.

veil does so much work lmao

do people not buy it just because of the active??? idgi, the stats and damage amp benefits are insane

....I wonder if veil visage would go off while assuming some souls

G.ZZZ

Do you guys think i could earn by playing low prio games and winning them for others?

Like would u pay me 5 dollars to get out of low prio? Would be more useful than paying stupid hats. Too bad there's probably some chinese farmer that is willingly to do that for 0.1 cent per game even with 500 ping.

Wok

Yasp would do anything to get more cheese, even display an estimate of 4.5K MMR for my smurf.

PmjHRFR.png

You tell me that I am in the top 6% percentile of player base. Take some cheese, Yasp!

Russ T

Banned
Whoa, I must have missed that. I saw reddit claiming it but had no idea that ppd did too.

If so that's just fucking weird. Both that they'd have him back and that he'd want to go back.

i mean they did win a lot of money together

but yeah it is deffo weird to me too

Quesa

i mean they did win a lot of money together

but yeah it is deffo weird to me too

I said this earlier but at some point, being a pro player is a job. If you suddenly find yourself out of work or with the prospect of making way more money somewhere else, you think long and hard about going back to people who burned you.

In fact, even if Aui thought "Why should I go back? They'll just kick me after Manilla!" he has to realize that in the Dota 2 pro scene, that's kind of the norm. And for his part, ppd was probably strapped for teammates after RTZ/Universe left, even moreso if the whole "Fear/Sumail were going to leave" rumor is true.

So both may have just done what they had to to get that paper, knowing this whole situation probably won't last. That's maybe the worst part of this whole thing -- It shows how fragile lineups are, and how little security individual players have.

Quesa

Quesa are we waiting for Alex before doing the DotaGAF SFV Tourney?

If I can figure out my streaming setup, it'll probably be Friday, April 1st. Speaking of which:

ANNOUNCEMENT: THE SFV DOTAGAF TOURNAMENT WILL TAKE PLACE SATURDAY APRIL 2ND*.

If you're in the bracket and can't make that date, let me know! If you can make it, let me know anyway! I need to do re-do the headcount because of how delayed this whole thing has been (thanks Capcom), and some people may not be able to commit now. In fact, I might need to some replacements, so if you wanted to enter but didn't make the bracket, sit tight!

If you're in the bracket, please let me know if you can make it by posting in this thread, pinging me on GAF, or pinging me on steam! If you're in mumbleGAF, please let everyone know they have to touch base with me (my mumble install broke).

Should be good stuff!

*I changed the date to Saturday because we have a few Euros in the bracket and Friday night wouldn't be fair to them.

Yeah I'll play in the SFV tourney. Here's hoping to a lag-free experience! (It's not even really playable for me with a US West - Us Central location, can't wait to see what a US West - Euro experience is going to be like
IkgAh4z.gif
)

Russ T

Banned
I said this earlier but at some point, being a pro player is a job. If you suddenly find yourself out of work or with the prospect of making way more money somewhere else, you think long and hard about going back to people who burned you.

In fact, even if Aui thought "Why should I go back? They'll just kick me after Manilla!" he has to realize that in the Dota 2 pro scene, that's kind of the norm. And for his part, ppd was probably strapped for teammates after RTZ/Universe left, even moreso if the whole "Fear/Sumail were going to leave" rumor is true.

So both may have just done what they had to to get that paper, knowing this whole situation probably won't last. That's maybe the worst part of this whole thing -- It shows how fragile lineups are, and how little security individual players have.

I mean, it's true, but there's a lot of places I would very specifically not work out, no matter how good they pay (okay this probably isn't TOTALLY true), because I know the working conditions are terrible. And that includes people not just company policy.

That said there's not a whole lot of options in pro Dota, so it's different from programming/game-dev.

This seems more like a side effect of there being too few championship-calibur players in the scene, I don't see how any trade/shuffle block Valve puts in will ever prevent this sort of stupidity.

Actually, the best would be having a "draft" before every International. Valve invites 10 captains, and they pick their TI team while they're at the event, and leave 6 slots for qualifiers. Every pro would converge on Seattle hoping to get picked, there's tons of drama and backroom dealings for Reddit to ponder, and all the people left over have to scramble to form teams to qualify for the remaining spots. I don't see why esports has to imitate real sports when there are much better formats available.

Kappa

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
New EG is just TI5 EG with Bulba instead of Universe, assuming Fear goes back to carry. I haven't seen Bulba play in a while, how has he been?

shira

New EG is just TI5 EG with Bulba instead of Universe, assuming Fear goes back to carry. I haven't seen Bulba play in a while, how has he been?
Hes 8kish. Decent on mid better on offlane
Off the drop he won't command respect bans like Universe but he's been playing on complete shit tier teams

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hes 8kish. Decent on mid better on offlane
Off the drop he won't command respect bans like Universe but he's been playing on complete shit tier teams

His heroes haven't been in the meta at all (Clock, and... does he have heroes other than Clock?) so that's reasonable. Maybe it will force Peter to get more creative with his drafting. For as good as ppd is as a drafter almost every time they've lost an important series since TI5 I've felt it was usually because of shitty/comfortable drafting.

KingKong

6.87 drops, chen and 5 man pushing nerfed, early rosh nerfed, storm spirit, tinker, lina and clock buffed. EG back on top. ez TI championship

Hylian7

Thank you, IceFraud, for not fixing that bug!

https://twitter.com/ESLDota2/status/712997975732006912

Edit: or not.
I really wish they would fix the bug where if you hit your quick buy key within 2 seconds before you die, it acts like you bought the item, takes the money and disappears from the quick buy queue, then your money comes back and you don't have the item and it's back in your quick buy queue. "Oh, you bought before you died... JUST KIDDING FUCK YOU"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom