• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Added smart-doubletap behavior to items.
Shift+control group is now add selection to control group, instead of add control group to selection.
Fixed a bug where if you used CRTL+ability bind key to learn an ability and you had quickcast on key up enabled, it would level up the ability twice.
Fixed a bug where if you had quickcast keys bound, but not normal ability casts, then autocast would not work unless explicitly bound.
Fixed a bug where autocast would not work with hero-specific keybinds unless explicitly bound.
Fixed a bug where Quickcast keybinds wouldn't appear in the hud
Fixed Lycan portrait.
Fixed a crash with Invoker when only Quickcast keys were bound.
Fixed the -givebots cheat command.
Fixed autocompletion of dota_create_item console command.
Re-enabled dota_camera_disable_yaw.

Quesa

Seems people have plans Saturday. Would people be ok with moving it to Sunday?

ANNOUNCEMENT: THE SFV DOTAGAF TOURNAMENT WILL TAKE PLACE SATURDAY APRIL 2ND*.

If you're in the bracket and can't make that date, let me know! If you can make it, let me know anyway! I need to do re-do the headcount because of how delayed this whole thing has been (thanks Capcom), and some people may not be able to commit now. In fact, I might need to some replacements, so if you wanted to enter but didn't make the bracket, sit tight!

If you're in the bracket, please let me know if you can make it by posting in this thread, pinging me on GAF, or pinging me on steam! If you're in mumbleGAF, please let everyone know they have to touch base with me (my mumble install broke).

Should be good stuff!

*I changed the date to Saturday because we have a few Euros in the bracket and Friday night wouldn't be fair to them.

Fixed Lycan portrait.

lycan no longer needs braces

i dont know when this got fixed but at least my autographs i waited forever in line for are back
ersHazP.png

Hylian7

I bought the wii full price when it came out back when I was like 10

let me tell you about that mistake

I bought it full price on launch day.

I enjoyed playing Twilight Princess, game is underrated. I still say it's the second from the bottom of the 3D Zeldas, but it was still great.

I bought it full price on launch day.

I enjoyed playing Twilight Princess, game is underrated. I still say it's the second from the bottom of the 3D Zeldas, but it was still great.

im playing through it right now on wii u since i never got it back then. only complaint i have is any damn sequence on epona. controls are so god awful.

Red UFO

It'a nearly 4AM here and I'm not even tired, and I have to be up at 7:30AM tomorrow.

4 day weekend + clocks going forward was a disaster gg.

DrPizza

Banned
It'a nearly 4AM here and I'm not even tired, and I have to be up at 7:30AM tomorrow.

4 day weekend + clocks going forward was a disaster gg.

One of the things I miss most from the UK is the Easter 4-day weekend.

One year as I got home from work on the Thursday (I think a half day, because I worked for the government at the time) I thought to myself for god knows what reason, "I'll just fire up SimCity for a couple of hours".

Before I knew what had happened, it was Tuesday already.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
3 wins 1 loss solo

2 wins 1 loss party

Today was a good day of dota. Yes I played 7 matches in one day

Hylian7

im playing through it right now on wii u since i never got it back then. only complaint i have is any damn sequence on epona. controls are so god awful.

I plan on picking up the HD version eventually. It sounds like the fluff has really been cut down in it, with stuff like being able to transform just by one touch on the gamepad instead of going through dialogue every time.

It's been a while since I played, but I don't remember the Epona stuff bothering me that much. I'm glad they fixed the Rupee stuff. Did they actually fix the intro sequence? I remember TP's was notorious for being so obtuse with that whole thing about catching two fish for the cat.

Russ T

Banned

twilight princess is a good game

but yeah the horse is garbage

i named it garbo ebcause it's so garbage

seriously fuck that horse

(once you go wolf you never go back)

(tp's biggest problem as a zelda game is how streamlined it is, and i'm not talking handholding, i'm talking like "okay you did A now go do B and then C, oh you did C, time for D!" there's so little reason to explore ever - worst zelda overworld)

I plan on picking up the HD version eventually. It sounds like the fluff has really been cut down in it, with stuff like being able to transform just by one touch on the gamepad instead of going through dialogue every time.

It's been a while since I played, but I don't remember the Epona stuff bothering me that much. I'm glad they fixed the Rupee stuff. Did they actually fix the intro sequence? I remember TP's was notorious for being so obtuse with that whole thing about catching two fish for the cat.

i only had to catch one fish so i assumed they updated it

(tp's biggest problem as a zelda game is how streamlined it is, and i'm not talking handholding, i'm talking like "okay you did A now go do B and then C, oh you did C, time for D!" there's so little reason to explore ever - worst zelda overworld)

i guess the game does feel a bit more streamlined. then again, the last zelda i played was wind waker on gamecube. sailing could get a bit tedious and paying over 9000 rupees to tingle for all the maps also dragged the game out longer than it needed to

Russ T

Banned
much like tp, they made ww better in that regard with the hd version (triforce maps cheaper, you can get a better sail that makes you go twice as fast and you don't have to do the wind song)

although that said ww was already amazing so making it better just made it more amazing

Hylian7

Yeah, I can definitely see that complaint. Hyrule Field was kind of weird being a lot of narrow-ish corridors and then some big open field areas, mainly for fight scenes.

I'm curious, how do you guys rank the 3D Zeldas?

1. Majora's Mask - Best storyline, exploration, a ton of sidequesting to do, all of which were interesting.
2. Wind Waker - WWHD's Swift Sail made me appreciate the game a lot more, but I liked that they took a bit of a page from Majora's Mask and had a huge focus on exploration and side quests. Also looked beautiful artistically.
3. Ocarina of Time - Still does a lot right and has aged pretty well. Many well-designed dungeons, great overall.
4. Twilight Princess - Great dungeons, I liked the atmosphere and storyline. The linearity and Hyrule Field kind of kept it from being higher though.
5. Skyward Sword - I don't actually hate this game, it's still good. I had no beef with the MotionPlus controls, and they worked fine. They made for interesting mechanics instead of "Mash B until dead". Cool new items like the Beetle, and the Bow being able to zoom in for high accuracy was particularly cool. Also had the best dungeons, Ancient Cistern was one of my favorites. Dashing/Stamina meter was a welcome addition, and it recovered quickly so it wasn't a terrible Stamina meter. Two things really brought this one down for myself, and probably many others: Fi, shut the fuck up Fi, I know how to do these things. I am not stupid, stop treating me like I am. I know my batteries are low, I can read. I know my health is low, I can hear the little ding and look at my hearts. I also didn't like the overworld, or lack thereof. The Sky isn't as interesting as the ocean, and the floating islands that were actually interesting were relatively few. The other areas just felt disconnected from the world in general, and extremely linear. But man, the dungeons, bring back stuff like that in future games.

i only had to catch one fish so i assumed they updated it

Good to hear, that shit made no sense in the original. They kept telling you to catch a fish to lure the cat out, I do it, and nothing happens. You had to catch two because...reasons.

TP is the best 3D zelda that isn't majora's mask.

It improves upon OoT in all the ways that matter for Zelda, and it has way more engaging content than TWW.

It is the Pokemon Emerald of Zelda games: understated by many, but smugly at the top.

Oh, but 2D zeldas are better than the 3D ones ofc.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Lol no
Tons of people use VR for more than that
Can all the people that cried about waggle motion tell me how they reconcile getting VR then?

"my limp wrists get tired"

"i dont want to waggle when a button would do"
Motion controls much innovate, oh wait it has fuxking 300ms input delay. It's shit, was always shit.
Fukkin VR 1:1 made my dick hard just making balloons and 'hitting' them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom