• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

^Regional

Streams
http://www.twitch.tv/moonducktv
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit2
http://www.twitch.tv/joindotared
http://www.twitch.tv/joindotablue

- Round Robin Bo2
- top 2 in each group advance, bottom 2 eliminated
- group stages today, tomorrow
- elimination games: weekend

t1452132000z1.png

Team Fantuan vs iG Vitality
TongFu vs LGD
TnC Dota 2 vs First Departure
Extremist Dota2 vs Mineski.Dota2

t1452141000z1.png

TongFu vs Team Fantuan
Invictus Gaming vs LGD
Extremist Dota2 vs TnC Dota 2
Team SatuDuaTiga vs Mineski.Dota2

t1452153600z1.png

Wings Gaming vs NewBee Young
CDEC.A vs CDEC Youth
Signature.TrusT vs Fnatic.Dota2
Mineski-X vs Execration

t1452160800z1.png

Team Spirit vs Navi
Mamas Boys vs Team Empire

t1452162600z1.png

TongFu vs iG Vitality
Invictus Gaming vs Team Fantuan
Extremist Dota2 vs First Departure
Team SatuDuaTiga vs TnC Dota 2

I want PSVR to also be 599 just to read the meltdowns

I'm one of those people who likes to watch the world burn
I think a lot of people are banking on PSVR to be cheap so they can
mod those for use with PC, if it can't a lot of people gonna be pissed

i wanted to say this thread just went off the rails but we were never on the rails to begin with

Inside Out is a great movie

Take her to the moon for me, okay?

aeolist

Banned
I think a lot of people are banking on PSVR to be cheap so they can
mod those for use with PC, if it can't a lot of people gonna be pissed

vr is so new and there's no good standards yet so i very much doubt this will be possible, especially since the psvr has to work through that breakout box

vr is so new and there's no good standards yet so i very much doubt this will be possible, especially since the psvr has to work through that breakout box

I dunno, if it's anything like what you had to go through to get DS3s working on PC it might actually make the experience cooler

using shady chinese middleware to get your japanese headset to work with your american computer so you can sneak onto the metaverse to have cybersex with your digital waifu is the literal cyberpunk future

I dunno, if it's anything like what you had to go through to get DS3s working on PC it might actually make the experience cooler

using shady chinese middleware to get your japanese headset to work with your american computer so you can sneak onto the metaverse to have cybersex with your digital waifu is the literal cyberpunk future

hmm maybe i'll get vr afterall

aeolist

Banned

it'd be cool if possible, but adapting controller inputs is several orders of magnitude less complicated. the ds3/ds4 stuff is taking a device with existing PC drivers and mapping it over to an input that's built into every windows PC.

vr doesn't have anything comparable to xinput and the psvr most likely won't have windows drivers, plus a headset is actually multiple devices working in concert (display and a variety of motion sensors) and they'll each need their own specific graphics layer to map to the display (they each have different screens and lenses). you can't just map psvr to oculus software and call it a day, it would take a ridiculous amount of work with basically nothing to build off of.

One of my favs, but I've tried to play it at least 2-3 times since it initially came out and I keep getting stalled on how god damned slow it is. That said, I already own most of the cell phone Final Fantasy ports on Steam, so I'm sure I'll get this one when it's under $5 some day as well.

this one has a fast mode so it'll probably be cool

Hylian7

I need something cleared up: Can Sleight of Fist disjoint or not?

I just had this guy argue with me that it can dodge Tinker's missile. Lol.

this qop lol typical pubshit play

well you're invincible during it right ? so technically yes
edit : if you have targets for it it should be easy

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not a disjoint in the sense of Blink or Leap, but you can negate any projectile (whether explicitly targeted or "auto target") with it.

Hylian7

It's not a disjoint in the sense of Blink or Leap, but you can negate any projectile (whether explicitly targeted or "auto target") with it.

So then in theory, would it have been a better idea to take a value point in it in lane against Tinker to dodge missile?

Pretty sure he went 4-4-0-0 if it matters.

value point is decent but level 1 cooldown is huge so ehhh
2-1-4-1 is common
if you don't max flame guard first you're gonna be a useless tool tbh

Hylian7

value point is decent but level 1 cooldown is huge so ehhh
2-1-4-1 is common

Well I had a rough lane, and was unsure how to win that matchup. I asked for ganks on him and my team was basically "Fuck you you lost mid because you didn't take a point in W"

I went the normal 4-0-4-1 build.

DrPizza

Banned

I think both Sleight and Remnant are invulnerable but not disjointing. So if the missile hits Ember during Remnant or whatever it targets during Sleight (maybe the remnant he leaves behind at his starting point?) it has no effect.

The timing is pretty hard unless you have a lot of targets.

Haly

Well I had a rough lane, and was unsure how to win that matchup. I asked for ganks on him and my team was basically "Fuck you you lost mid because you didn't take a point in W"

I went the normal 4-0-4-1 build.

I don't know that matchup but you would've lost even if you took the value point. It's not easy to dodge spells with W, and you can't dodge with W unless you've had a lot of practice (which you haven't, I assume).

Hylian7

I don't know that matchup but you would've lost even if you took the value point. It's not easy to dodge spells with W, and you can't dodge with W unless you've had a lot of practice (which you haven't, I assume).

I can dodge slower stuff easily, but Missile would be harder for sure.

There's also the issue that you can theoretically only dodge every other missile, since level 1 SoF is 30s, and Missile is 25s.

isn't taking a value point in sleight necessary to be able to initiate with chains from a distance? I feel like I need to skill it whenever I feel like I want to start fighting, even if it's pretty shitty until you have damage.

Hylian7

isn't taking a value point in sleight necessary to be able to initiate with chains from a distance? I feel like I need to skill it whenever I feel like I want to start fighting, even if it's pretty shitty until you have damage.

It's a 30 second cooldown though, and with BoTs you are usually fast enough. You get more damage out of Flame Guard and Searing Chains.

Haly

These days, the focus for Ember is on efficient farming and getting up BoTs/Blink/Bfury as soon as possible rather than early clashing, so there's less of a need for 1 in Sleight. If it is taken, it's usually taken after 6.

I think I usually end up taking it at level 8

somehow it doesn't feel right to run at people in order to land searing chains, especially when sleight gives me a lot more flexibility in targeting around creeps, but maybe I just need to be less of a pussy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom