• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
CYXYdrLU0AAPUrw.jpg:large

RIP Merlini
RIP kotlguy
RIP Lyrical
RIP Llama
Lumi
GodZ
Legion Commander
Lumi

LUMI

They could've done way better.

How do people think Oracle is doing? He has 40+ picks in the qualifiers but only around 37% win rate.

I've watched a few games from the Oracle player's perspective and it does seem like he can't do much of anything in some fights, especially in losing games. There's a situational-ness to all of his spells, can't heal allies without disarming them, can't heal allies that have bkb on, can't disarm enemies without making them immune to magic, can't nuke enemies without using his first spell, can't use first spell decently without channeling for two seconds.

I feel like the main value of the hero is in his purges, if he has a big ticket stun to dispel with his ult, or silences and hexes to purge with his first spell on six second cd then he's pretty useful. But then in a lot of fights he never gets to do this since they get the jump on him and he has to ult himself to stay alive and then he dies anyway so.

The other good thing about the hero is his ult doubling the value of healing, but I think Oracle's healing alone isn't enough to take advantage of this, but at the same time you probably don't want to pick another healing support along with him, like Oracle + Dazzle or something would just be too defensive. I think he's pretty good with some healing cores though, like Alchemist would be the main one, also Death Prophet, Necrophos and maybe Slark could be nice. I also like him with AA since ice blast debuff means he can at least spam his nuke on enemies.

This greedy Iron Talon Treant Protector rushing Aghs seems really good. Forces enemy team to invest in Gem + quelling on already slot-starved supports, and since you can see them coming to cut down the trees anyway you can ambush them with Overgrowth + your team coming in.

aeolist

Banned
How do people think Oracle is doing? He has 40+ picks in the qualifiers but only around 37% win rate.

I've watched a few games from the Oracle player's perspective and it does seem like he can't do much of anything in some fights, especially in losing games. There's a situational-ness to all of his spells, can't heal allies without disarming them, can't heal allies that have bkb on, can't disarm enemies without making them immune to magic, can't nuke enemies without using his first spell, can't use first spell decently without channeling for two seconds.

I feel like the main value of the hero is in his purges, if he has a big ticket stun to dispel with his ult, or silences and hexes to purge with his first spell on six second cd then he's pretty useful. But then in a lot of fights he never gets to do this since they get the jump on him and he has to ult himself to stay alive and then he dies anyway so.

The other good thing about the hero is his ult doubling the value of healing, but I think Oracle's healing alone isn't enough to take advantage of this, but at the same time you probably don't want to pick another healing support along with him, like Oracle + Dazzle or something would just be too defensive. I think he's pretty good with some healing cores though, like Alchemist would be the main one, also Death Prophet, Necrophos and maybe Slark could be nice. I also like him with AA since ice blast debuff means he can at least spam his nuke on enemies.

yeah he's a counter pick

when he snowballs he's crazy strong tho

Sibylus

Banned

I think the hero's more versatile than you give him credit for.

• The purge's damage doesn't scale with channel time, it's instantly maxed. Combined with the heal nuke, he can add a lot of burst to a target the team wants dead fast (ie 180/300/420/540 damage together). The heal is on such a short CD that you can negate the heal being at all relevant unless the target manages to escape altogether.
  • The purge's stop scaling begins at 0.5 seconds. An instant cast can still be sufficient to bring a target within range of an ally's stun.
  • Disarm MRing an enemy target isn't that problematic: save it until your team has expended its nukes into the target. If the target can burst a teammate down quicker than this is practical (like a Lycan, Alchemist, or an Ursa), disarm them asap and focus down a buddy of theirs.
  • The heal without the disarm MR on an ulted Ally certainly isn't much use (about 72 HP max on the lvl 3 ult, and HP negative on casts after the first), but this is where the cheap Urn of Insight comes in. Up to 800 HP healed during the ult for very little gold cost, and a great way to conserve mana while still healing friendlies.

I have been having a good time with him this patch manly because of the improvements he got to his Q
1- its range increased so you can easily do eqe combo at level 3 without the enemy walking two inches and being outside the range of the combo
2- lower mana cost
3- it now purges the disarm from you W if cast on allies, which means easy w e q combo for express heal!
4- lower cd
5- removing the cast animation before channeling!!!!!

Lens made him incredible as well, enabling easy initiation from fog and staying at a comfortable distance from carry to be ready to cast the ulti

The second core item i like is force staff. Ulti your carry force staff him away, now you have enough time to heal him when he is (hopefully) not taking any damage

Also spamming E, even without purging in between is devastating. Feel free to use a couple of flames (preferably lvl3) before purging.

Finally, when to use the disarm offensively . You just gotta keep track of the magic nukes getting thrown about..

Sianos

Outworld Devourer is fucking strong when played against an idiot team that doesn't bother buying BKBs.

that's every game it seems

and even when they do go bkb, you can kite around the cooldown (icefrog never reverted the "no rebuying bkb" rule, right?) and have the manly frontliners take the early abuse

loving the max aura build, lets you spam orbs (that do extra damage from your boosted pool as well) and your team sling spells to their hearts content, which seems to still be the name of the game

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Spells can be cast in the middle of Remnant just like Sleight.

Think of it as charge based Ball Lightning.

Wok

Spells can be cast in the middle of Remnant just like Sleight.

Think of it as charge based Ball Lightning.

I have checked the replay and this is not what he did. When spells are cast during the travel between Remnants, it interrupts the travel, right?

In fact, he had used several remnants before, hence my confusion. What he did was (to activate a haste rune to go really fast and) to use searing chains to dodge Axe's culling blade. It was a pretty sick move. It starts at 12 min and happens after 15 sec maybe if you want to check the replay.

He made some really ballsy sick plays during all the game. Getting Manta after Bottle/Phase/Drums/Battlefury on Ember makes him really elusive. I want to know how to play the hero now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have checked the replay and this is not what he did. When spells are cast during the travel between Remnants, it interrupts the travel, right?

No it doesn't. This is how Storm can Remnant/Orchid you while he's still in flight.

But I'll check the replay I guess.

EDIT: Searing Chains interrupts. The Axe was just dumb and didn't cast it a second time.
Affected units can still turn, cast spells, use items and attack. Affected units receive a stop command upon getting rooted.
EDIT 2: He could've taunted as well when he walked past Ember. I think he was just stunned that his Ult was stopped.

Wok

No it doesn't. This is how Storm can Remnant/Orchid you while he's still in flight.

But I'll check the replay I guess.

Okay, I did not know that. I have never been able to click precisely enough to do these kinds of stuff on Storm. I can only do it with shift-click.

The interesting part of the replay is at 12 min neart the top rune and then near the entrance to the Dire jungle at the mid lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom