• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden

shmups is pretty interesting genre that i never touched with the exception of ikaruga which i managed to get good score on the first level and never beat the full game lol

what are some classics? i need to play them someday..

shmups is pretty interesting genre that i never touched with the exception of ikaruga which i managed to get good score on the first level and never beat the full game lol

what are some classics? i need to play them someday..

hm... It's kind of hard to just give you a list. I enjoy the R-Type, Gradius, Darius, Parodius, Zanac, and Raiden titles that I've played. There's a hell of a selection, though. It's the sort of genre that has such a dedicated following and has been around for so long that there's a lot of diversity and selection despite it being somewhat one-dimensional by nature.

Holden

hm... It's kind of hard to just give you a list. I enjoy the R-Type, Gradius, Darius, Parodius, Zanac, and Raiden titles that I've played. There's a hell of a selection, though. It's the sort of genre that has such a dedicated following and has been around for so long that there's a lot of diversity and selection despite it being somewhat one-dimensional by nature.

noted

J21P0tG.jpg
suck it nerds (ikaruga)

KingKong

Honestly I haven't played enough to pretend to know the genre. I pretty much dropped off the console map (outside of the FPS my buddies were playing) last gen, so I haven't gotten to experience the genre much.

Touhou is everything I dislike about shmups. If you're going to play bullet hell at least play a Cave title jesus

MGRR, Souls games and DMC4SE are on PC but yeah, its a shame you need an xbox/360 for Ninja Gaiden Black and/or ps3 for the good version of DMC3 and Bayonetta, and a Wii U for Bayo 2 (which I still havent played) and a PS4 for Bloodborne

and now Platinums making a game for each console. its just not fair!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But Mother 3 is the Citizen Kane of Earthbound games.

Mother 3 is the best RPG ever tho
noted

suck it nerds (ikaruga)

Im legit awful at ikaruga lol.
MGRR, Souls games and DMC4SE are on PC but yeah, its a shame you need an xbox/360 for Ninja Gaiden Black and/or ps3 for the good version of DMC3 and Bayonetta, and a Wii U for Bayo 2 (which I still havent played) and a PS4 for Bloodborne

and now Platinums making a game for each console. its just not fair!
Yeah, I've been meaning to pick up DMC4 and MGRR. Souls games aren't really the same genre though lol. I have a 360 for bayo but can't be assed playing anything on it these days.

Hylian7

Christ, SMTxFE is depressing.
That game is such a joke. I don't understand Nintendo promising false bullshit for a bait and switch for... Whatever GIR#FE is.

I remember when FE was about taking your homeland back, and SMT was about reshaping the apocalyptic world in the vision of law, chaos, or telling the angels and demons to both fuck right off.

Hylian7

If you want a laugh, though, you can head to any #FE thread and find the same 2-3 people defending it like they're on a pay roll.
Every time someone in the threads say "But it does have SMT in it!" I just laugh.

Naming stores after demons doesn't make it an SMT game. I remember when the game was revealed last year (as #FE), people kept saying the idol bright tone stuff was a front for an apocalyptic SMT scenario.

Every time someone in the threads say "But it does have SMT in it!" I just laugh.

Naming stores after demons doesn't make it an SMT game. I remember when the game was revealed last year (as #FE), people kept saying the idol bright tone stuff was a front for an apocalyptic SMT scenario.
Can't blame them for being optmistic. I just assumed it was the Persona side of SMT and thus animu

Hylian7

Can't blame them for being optmistic. I just assumed it was the Persona side of SMT and thus animu
Thankfully SMT4 Final exists though, and is very clearly taking community feedback from SMT4 into account.

Before SMT4F was announced, I was worried SMT was dead.

Russ T

Banned
As someone who plays neither Fire Emblem nor Shin Megami Tensei on a regular basis, I'm gonna buy the fuck out of #FE.

Get at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom