• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition (Out Now)

KiraXD

Also you need to win 5 challenges, and you'll be going some to top an Evo challenge!

Make your own, set to 30 minutes, send to a friend, get them to set a crappy time, repeat x5 and trophy is yours.

i made one from my wifes account... sent it to myself and its still locked. i try making my own and all i can make are these and i cant even race in them:
wl0RQfC.jpg

do i have to manually search for a challenge that has both a track and car that i can use? every single challenge i see has a blue PSN icon next to it...

How do i make a challenge that i can even race in?

i made one from my wifes account... sent it to myself and its still locked. i try making my own and all i can make are these and i cant even race in them:
wl0RQfC.jpg

do i have to manually search for a challenge that has both a track and car that i can use? every single challenge i see has a blue PSN icon next to it...

It will have to be an India track - the ones in that screenshot are Norway

And make sure it's with a car that is included in PS+ edition

Gestault

I never understood the point of the drift challenges mid race. Why would I want to slide round a corner losing speed in the middle of a lap?

Since you can't disable the driving assists that gunk it up even if you're good at it, these always felt oddly tacked-on to me.

NewDust

wl0RQfC.jpg

Those are norway tracks. If you only have the plus edition, you only have access to the India tracks, except for the startline tour races

EDIT: though that might mean you created this challenge from a startline tour race... Am I correct?

KiraXD

this isn't a true sony racer

where are my three dozen honda civics?

No mazdas are kinda a deal breaker for me, im not a fan of racing games, but when i do play them, i use my own car, '89 RX-7 (FC3S) so no FC's or FD's in this is kinda shitty... hell id take an RX-8 even... as of right now... it has 0 cars i want to use. oh well.

KiraXD

Those are norway tracks. If you only have the plus edition, you only have access to the India tracks, except for the startline tour races

It will have to be an India track - the ones in that screenshot are Norway

And make sure it's with a car that is included in PS+ edition

right... but what i have in the screenshot are the ONLY challenges i can make. i cant make any with india tracks.

Gestault

lmao all this time and its still only India. They should have given the whole game at this point

After the first few cycles of info got cleared up, we knew it would just be the one region. It's not a surprise, and they have no good reason to give the full game away for free.

nib95

Banned
I never understood the point of the drift challenges mid race. Why would I want to slide round a corner losing speed in the middle of a lap?

Simply to earn additional fame and leave competitive face-offs for others to compete with.

right... but what i have in the screenshot are the ONLY challenges i can make. i cant make any with india tracks.

You can only create challenges from events you have completed, it will save your time as well as weather settings and send them to the people you choose, thus the challenge has been set for others to beat. What you are showing us in the picture are all the races you had done up to that point which I'm guessing is from the startline tour. The Startline tour ones may not work though due to it being the PS+ edition.

A quick guide on how to make a challenge:

Go to Single event > Time Trial > India > Choose track > Choose weather settings > Choose car > Do event > Quit once you have done one lap > There should then be the option to make a challenge.

Once you have done more events they will show up in the section you showed earlier.

NewDust

I think I see what the problems is...

Like someone said, you can only create challenges from events (tour events or single events a like) you actually completed. Apparrantly you can create events from the startline tour events, but if you want to compete in the challenge, you will not be competing in the startline tour. Instead a single event is recreated for that challenge, but other locations than India are locked for single events if you have the plus edition.

TLDR: You can create challenges from startline tour races, which you can not compete in because the single event versions are locked.

(atleast that is my guess)

After the first few cycles of info got cleared up, we knew it would just be the one region. It's not a surprise, and they have no good reason to give the full game away for free.

The game was originally promised as a launch PS+ title and many people subscribed in anticipation for it, then the game got delayed and we had to wait a full 8 months after it was finally released to play the PS+ edition. On top of that sales for the game were low so you would think as a courtesy they would give more than just India.

You have to run the event first and then you can issue your challenge

So go do a time trial on India, then when you go into your challenge menu, you'll be able to select the time you posted and make a challenge out of it

The game was originally promised as a launch PS+ title and many people subscribed in anticipation for it, then the game got delayed and we had to wait a full 8 months after it was finally released to play the PS+ edition. On top of that sales for the game were low so you would think as a courtesy they would give more than just India.

I doubt many people subscribed to PS+ solely for a demo of a game they weren't even sure they would like

Gurish

What the hell did people talk about when they complained on the IQ? it's fucking great, a clear and very crisp image, did they improve AA since launch or people just made it up? (or maybe my eyesight is bad, also an option)
This game has probably the most photo realistic visuals I've ever seen, I think i can fool my parents into thinking it's a real race for a couple of minutes until they will notice it's a game.

Gestault

I'm saying someone irritated by the long wait for its release would be up-to-date on the included content because they'd have been paying attention in the mean-time. You may want a free game, but you don't decide what they provide as a courtesy. The original communications were a misleading mess, but we've been past that for quite some time.

What the hell did people talk about when they complained on the IQ? it's fucking great, a clear and very crisp image, did they improve AA since launch or people just made it up? (or maybe my eyesight is bad, also an option)

Your eyesight may legitimately be masking it, but part of the disappointment was seeing game quality compared to photo/promo shots. Every time I've seen a claim that there were improvements to IQ from patching, it was dismissed with comparison images.

I doubt many people subscribed to PS+ solely for a demo of a game they weren't even sure they would like

The original messaging at E3 was not for a glorified demo. The language they used suggested nearly a full games worth of content.

I'm saying someone irritated by the long wait for its release would be up-to-date on the included content because they'd have been paying attention in the mean-time. You may want a free game, but you don't decide what's they provide as a courtesy. The original communications were a misleading mess, but we've been past that for quite some time.

I know that but I'm saying after such a long wait and considering it didnt set the world on fire they should give the full game or AT LEAST a bigger chunk at this point. Sony should not expect a major sales bump at this point

Loudninja

Dude the game was awesome looking from day one.

MMaRsu

The original messaging at E3 was not for a glorified demo. The language they used suggested nearly a full games worth of content.

I know that but I'm saying after such a long wait and considering it didnt set the world on fire they should give the full game or AT LEAST a bigger chunk at this point. Sony should not expect a major sales bump at this point

Nope on all acounts. You are plain wrong sir.

le-seb

I know that but I'm saying after such a long wait and considering it didnt set the world on fire they should give the full game or AT LEAST a bigger chunk at this point.
And once again, they've added some content compared to what was originally planned.
Because you don't want to pay for this game doesn't mean other people won't.
The PS+ Edition has always been a bait.

Lol. I want receipts. It was never anything more than what was delivered from what I remember.
To be fair I think their initial messaging is that it was "the full game, minus some stuff"

Obviously there's a lot of room for interpretation there, but that does imply more than 1 out of 5 locations and 15 out of 50 cars.

Nevertheless, they clarified it quite quickly and since early 2014 they have been saying this is exactly what you would get.

If people care that little about the game that they haven't looked into it since the reveal well then..I don't know what to say

The fact that the plus edition also includes all the major updates like weather,replays, photo mode, the free DLC, and a new tour also helps make up for that

Gestault

I'm in strong disagreement with Gambit's points here, but can we stop pretending the original announcement of the PS+ Edition and Rushy's follow-up clarification on NeoGAF wasn't different from what we eventually learned was included? When you say a game is the full experience, and reiterating that it's only missing a few cars/tracks, the PS+ Edition as delivered is different in spirit.

Oh look, its the "entire game should be free" thing again. That never gets old.

It is what it is. If you don't want the demo, don't play it.

Gurish

I'm saying someone irritated by the long wait for its release would be up-to-date on the included content because they'd have been paying attention in the mean-time. You may want a free game, but you don't decide what they provide as a courtesy. The original communications were a misleading mess, but we've been past that for quite some time.

Your eyesight may legitimately be masking it, but part of the disappointment was seeing game quality compared to photo/promo shots. Every time I've seen a claim that there were improvements to IQ from patching, it was dismissed with comparison images.

IQ looks amazing, don't really get how anyone can be disappointed.

krioto

Because it looks/feels great, and if when you're still in front after pulling off a massive challenge winning drift, it feels good man

What the hell did people talk about when they complained on the IQ? it's fucking great, a clear and very crisp image, did they improve AA since launch or people just made it up?
They had to have improved the AA.

I noticed more shimmer and noise in the early days compared to now, especially when showcasing the car before a race and in the cockpit view dash details, but I don't know exactly what they may have changed or when.

If you're winning? To show off. If you're losing? To gain some victory out of a loss. If I'm in neither position I usually skip the challenges unless I need them to 3-star an event or are otherwise just playing for kicks.

IQ looks amazing, don't really get how anyone can be disappointed.

The IQ is great but the promo shots use some extra AA and other processing that you can see in effect in the photo mode

The game looks great in motion but there are some very ugly screenshots out there

And yes, anyone saying AA has improved is under placebo effect. I've compared shots after each patch and there's no noticeable difference. That said the game does look quite clean most of the time

Gurish

The IQ is great but the promo shots use some extra AA and other processing that you can see in effect in the photo mode

The game looks great in motion but there are some very ugly screenshots out there

And yes, anyone saying AA has improved is under placebo effect. I've compared shots after each patch and there's no noticeable difference. That said the game does look quite clean most of the time

I don't ever take promo shots of any game seriously, I only can compare to other racing games, and this one is at the top visually by a large margin, it looks amazing, but to each his own i guess.
To be perfectly honest, depending on lighting conditions and camera angle, Driveclub can look a bit jaggy at times:
7QFtmR.jpg
Maybe I didn't play it enough to experience the more rougher moments of this game, but at its best- when the lighting is great and the weather kicks in, nothing really come close to it in this genre imo.

CREMSteve

Anyone else just leave it on the pre-race flyovers for minutes at a time? Eventually they loop, but damn I love the ambience they provide, especially with the weather. The sound of the rain, the wind... So soothing.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Am I dl the correct file?
Basically there was a yellow DC icon on the store, named PS+ which costs €25 and you can either click on Buy it or click the button under it to get the free trial which is what I did.
So there's only two skus like before, the full one (red) and the yellow one which while before it was just a discount which applied to PS+ subscribers now there's a trial tied to it which I imagine is the fabled PS+ Version.
Correct?

To me it's crazy that I've only seen it available 'cause I follow GAF or the ps blog, I mean I understand not making an E3 announcement for obvious reasons, or even a big fuss about it finally launching, but there's no mention at all of the newly launches PS+ Version on the store's splash screen or even sections' frontend... or at least that's how it is on the italian store atm.

Top Bottom