• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

egm review scores - september 2007 (lair, blue dragon, mario strikers: charged, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgfan16k

Proelite said:
screen047.jpg

Hey guyz, what's going on?

:lol

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Jiggy37 said:
If these scores are accurate to the actual games, my wishlist exchanges one Arc for another.

cute.

wasn't there a japanese downloadable demo for d'arc? think we'll get that stateside?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Tideas said:
Interesting. EGM gave TP perfect 10s. Yeah, now I know I definitely don't agree with their review scores, lol

Twilight Princess? The gameplay was a perfect 10/10 however the game lacked a soul.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
beelzebozo said:
brain age 2: 8.0, 7.0, 6.0

Only game on the list that interests me. How did they review the original?

Absinthe said:
I fully expected both Lair and Blue Dragon to do that badly. The Blue Dragon demo was dreadful and I never expected the gameplay in Lair to transcend the level of the graphics. Even still, both of the games will sell well. Blue Dragon and Lair will probably both sell well over a million.
Absinthe said:
It doesn't matter in the end because the game will still sell over a million. It is exclusive and a lot of the PS3 gamers are starved for content that can't be found elsewhere. It's a shame that the game didn't score better, but this isn't unexpected. If Heavenly Sword fails to deliver then the Internet will explode, however.

Tideas said:
In the end, the casual market won't care about EGM, and Lair will still sell millions :D

ari said:
blue dragon will still sell atleast a million....

Do any of these guys go bye-bye when neither game remotely approaches a million ( > 850k)? Or do they pull the worldwide card?

Teen Ape

The boys at Factor 5 can't be too pleased with those scores given the amount of time/effort/money went into this flag ship PS3 title...whammy.

lair: 6.0, 5.5, 5.0
blue dragon: 6.5, 7.5, 6.5

I was afraid that Factor 5 just let only their technical abilities shine in light of other things, really no analogy control to be had, who's bright idea was this?! But now Blue Dragon's score too....that's a sucker punch following Lair's slap in the face showing for me. :|

Tobor

Agent Icebeezy said:
Twilight Princess? The gameplay was a perfect 10/10 however the game lacked a soul.

That's just the brilliance of Nintendo. See Hyrules soul was stolen by Ganon and it was returned when Link beats him. Nintendo is just so awesome, you could actually tell it was misiing!!

traveler

Not Wario
-COOLIO- said:
exactly, but if it really sucks then it's still a waste of $7.

Worse still, it's a waste of my time. It really is unreasonable, in this day and age, to go out and personally evaluate every piece of media that grabs my attention.

Teen Ape said:
The boys at Factor 5 can't be too pleased with those scores given the amount of time/effort/money went into this flag ship PS3 title...whammy.

just like their previous games they concentrated on visuals and not much else. I remember going on foot in one of their starwars games.......its amazing something so awful could have gotten past quality control.

Tideas

Banned
Lindsay said:
Only game on the list that interests me. How did they review the original?

Do any of these guys go bye-bye when neither game remotely approaches a million ( > 850k)? Or do they pull the worldwide card?

Well, I meant at least a million, and that's worldwide, not US. I'm not arrogant like that

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
beelzebozo said:
beelzebozo gaming monthly is the definitive review source
unbiased, unparalleled coverage

also free donuts for subscribers

I'll take a dozen scripts. Glazed if possible

Agent Icebeezy

beelzebozo said:
can a machine have a soul
CAN A COMPUTER GAME MAKE YOU CRY

The first time you go to Hyrule Castle in Wind Waker and see everything and everybody frozen in motion, it was a powerful image.

Twilight Princess takes the zelda fan for granted.

Tideas

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:

Yes. Twilight Princess. I agreeded with the Gamespot review, but knowing EGM gave it all 10s...heh,

Proelite

Idk, but I think EGM is going to 8.5 Halo 3 ever since they grossly overrated Gears of War. They're out to compensate. Publishers! Hide your triple-AAA exclusives! :lol Btw, this means Heavenly Sword 8.0 tops. Mass Effect. 6.5.

Agent Icebeezy

Kabuki Waq said:
in terms of sales i think Bioshock might make you suicidal :(

Everybody says that, but so many people around me want to get Bioshock and will. I think the numbers will surprise people.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Kabuki Waq said:
in terms of sales i think Bioshock might make you suicidal :(

Maybe, but as long as it plays well I'll be content.

2k executives on the other hand . . . .

rpgfan16k

Keep posting ppl, this thread is already epic! :D

Another interesting note: Jeanne D'Arc is the second level 5 game to get less-than-jaw dropping scores from EGM. Same average as Rogue Galaxy, in fact.

Level 5 losing magic touch confirmed?

Honestly I didn't expect Blue Dragon to get good review scores. Lair...I thought might at least get average. But those scores...Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom