• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY TOP 5 FIGURES OF 2014 !

#1 Amazon (Dragon's Crown) - MegaHouse

#2 Kamael (Lineage II) - Max Factory

#3 Wonder Woman (Justice League) - Kotobukiya

#4 Risty (Queen's Blade) - MegaHouse
(She got re-release as 'Limited Fukkoku Edition' w/pencil board.)

#5 Jason Voorhees (Freddy vs. Jason) - Kotobukiya

10862715_10200148345427262_5052066178369895029_o.jpg

And every DC, Marvel, Tekken, SF bishoujo figures from Kotobukiya !

PS. Sorry but I love tough looking girls w/abs and I can't resist that wing of Kamael and her post !

Ultimadrago

I only have a Top 2 this year seeing as I only purchased two figures:

Phat Company's Iori:

After too long a figure more worthy of the idol. A sculpt from the animated version with a color palette to match guaranteed that it was a homerun this time. A part of me always knew I was going to purchase her and I'm extremely happy that I did. Iori's very lovely, as always.

Max Factory's Mai Shiranui (a.k.a. The only Mai Shiranui figure):

phicoo1386346758bwyv7.jpeg

Illustrator Nishimura Kinu is a god.

Yes, I finally purchased the classic off AmiAmi and at a solid price (B/B). Max Factory's Mai has been on my "Nice" list since I first stated collecting and to finally own her is a treat. I don't purchase overtly sexual or voluptuous figures regularly, but this is a piece worthy of putting on a stand. An exception broken, a Holy Grail received and a cherished piece for the holidays.

Since these things are much more interesting when flaws are also shared, I'll give a brief listing of what could have been improved on each figure to make them even better:

Iori:

- Thigh seams are on the amateur side.

- Having watched the series, I know what Phat was going for with the simplistic bases, but they could have been a bit more extravagant. Ideally it wouldn't be too busy for the sake of it, but not a standard "piece of plastic" either.

Mai Shiranui:

- Wobbly foundation. Not extremely sturdy.

- Very boring base. Like, Nendoroid Petit-tier.

Yeah, my wallet is dead.

If I've learned anything this year it's that your wallet is never dead!

hmm i'll have to come up with a list

I got Karen, and Tsukihi araragi, got shinobu, got dragon 2020 miku, cheerleader sonico, gsc jubei, gold saw brs, and a ton of random shit.

Guys, where can I find an ex:ride? I searched on Mandarake but I only found a strange floating thing, I'm looking for one of the motorcycles or a three wheeler.

Nice pictures, congrats!

I'm still fighting against my figma Samus to put her in certain poses.

What's hilarious is this is "just some lens" that my mom had on a camera in the closet, which she had gotten as a graduation gift. The lens is older than me by quite a bit, and is easily the best lens I have. (Size aside.)

The lens dwarfs the camera itself hahaha. Love it though, this camera makes for some hilarious looks when paired with lenses on adapters.

What's hilarious is this is "just some lens" that my mom had on a camera in the closet, which she had gotten as a graduation gift. The lens is older than me by quite a bit, and is easily the best lens I have. (Size aside.)

The lens dwarfs the camera itself hahaha. Love it though, this camera makes for some hilarious looks when paired with lenses on adapters.

Wow, that looks awesome.

thats the sony a5000?

Well guys, I bought my first Nendoroid.

Didn't know what else to get the girlfriend, and she loves Pokemon, so Red nendo for Christmas it is.

Thank god for free 2 day prime shipping.

Caladrius

Stop this figure buying before it got to the point of buying larger anime lady figures. Because at that point it's now a creepy obsession instead of a harmless hobby.

image.php

In all seriousness, as long as you're not buying willy-nilly, you're fine.

Mitsuru is the best girl of all, so she's the only lady figure you'll ever need. :V

Caladrius

So I'll have 40 US dollah by Christmas.
Do I preorder one of the Snake figures or hunt for a Labrys Figma next month when I can get a bit more money?

Speaking of which AmiAmi has cut ARTFX J Eren's price to less than 6k now

God, so tempting...

Pretty nice. Curious that it's discounted so heavily.

Arclaid

Ordered myself a Vita. Will probably regret it considering that this month is death month.

I love waking up and seeing something I wanted to order have its preoredrs closed the same day it goes up :( I want my Syo so much.
B5OqJI9CIAE74yK.png:large

Just a heads up that orders are open again (at least at the time of this post).

Speaking of which AmiAmi has cut ARTFX J Eren's price to less than 6k now

God, so tempting...
Sold out now, unfortunately. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom