• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

So um, Haaalp!

I wanted to ask, do HLJ not respond to emails during the weekend? I want to change my shipping address for an order but no reply yet. What are the penalties for not paying for shipping on time? I already bought the items and they were in my private warehouse before I decided to ship them.

Hey FigureGAF, I just want to say I'm very happy to have been part of this community for they past year or so, and that I got married yesterday and had my wedding banquet today. Am very happy, to have married my best friend. We're ecstatic. Looking forward to wasting more money on figs! Thanks for all the good times.

Congrats! I'll be joining you next August. May your lives be long and your wallets empty.

Congats to you both.

Hey FigureGAF, I just want to say I'm very happy to have been part of this community for they past year or so, and that I got married yesterday and had my wedding banquet today. Am very happy, to have married my best friend. We're ecstatic. Looking forward to wasting more money on figs! Thanks for all the good times.

Congrats!

B5Kjj9DIIAMFakk.jpg

Congrats =)

Trevelyon

So, HLJ ain't great on shipping prices, eh? Got my eye on some stuff on sale, but the no small air packet option is blowing out costs and making great deals not so great.

NEO0MJ

So, HLJ ain't great on shipping prices, eh? Got my eye on some stuff on sale, but the no small air packet option is blowing out costs and making great deals not so great.

For me it was worth it. The SOC Yamato was under half price and they had the Riobot Blodia (which is hard to find these days) for cheap as well.

Arclaid

Huzzah! Congratulations! All the best for your wonderful future together. :D

So um, Haaalp!
They only respond to emails on business days, unfortunately. Also regarding late payments:
As any business does, we expect our customers to make payments in a timely manner when their order is ready. If more than seven days pass from the time we send a payment request or try to charge a customer's PayPal billing agreement without success, and without any contact from the customer, that order and all of the customer's outstanding orders will be canceled, and their account(s) may be disabled. We ask that customers who are having a temporary payment problem contact us at trouble@hlj.com to work out a solution and avoid cancellation of their orders.
Hopefully everything should be fine since you emailed them before the end of the payment request period. You can't do much over the weekend.

Bombless

Congratulations to both of you! Shame about the Poison though :(

Holy shit!!!!

Been on GAF for almost 10 years and never knew there was a figure thread!

Welcome!

I turn 39 today, figuregaf am I the grumpy oldman of the group?

Happy barfday!

Merry Christmas! Last package of the year, my wallet can't handle much more, although I do have 5 more orders incoming...

Oh my god. Incredible haul...and dat Red Sonja!

Woooooooo, hey bros. Congrats to those of you with the real waifu pick-ups.

Here are some Gunpla pics Raptors posted today on her blagh. I don't build Gunpla, I'm more of a Gunpla appreciator.

I really dig how some people just go and do their own thing with Gunpla and don't stick to official color schemes. This one below just fucking amazed me... I still can barely believe it's real and not an illustration. You can kind of see that fact on the gun and other accessories in some cases, but man.... Amazing:

More pics here.

Ryuuroden

Hey guys, just posted it in LEGOGAF, here it is for you:

Here is my new update in all its glory. Getting closer to the finish line, at least for the exterior.

For those who are new, this is a large project I started back in July to build a minifig scale Orthanc MOC with full interior. I have been occasionally updating the forum with pictures. This is probably the final photo update there will be although who knows I may post more.

Also, It is about a foot from the ceiling now, It is just over 7 feet tall so should finish at around 7 feet 10 inches or so when done.

Holy shit that is amazing. I seriously cant believe there's no PhotoShop there. There has to be some. Has to be.

But look at the way the shading is done. It's all the same in every pic. The colors are lighter or darker depending on light sourcing, but the actual shapes of the shade effect is the same in every pic.

Also, It is about a foot from the ceiling now, It is just over 7 feet tall so should finish at around 7 feet 10 inches or so when done.

oh my lord. Where are you going to store that!?

Ryuuroden

But look at the way the shading is done. It's all the same in every pic. The colors are lighter or darker depending on light sourcing, but the actual shapes of the shade effect is the same in every pic.

Its narrow, I have a corner! :p

meijiko

Here is my new update in all its glory. Getting closer to the finish line, at least for the exterior.

For those who are new, this is a large project I started back in July to build a minifig scale Orthanc MOC with full interior. I have been occasionally updating the forum with pictures. This is probably the final photo update there will be although who knows I may post more.

That is fucking beautiful. I'm in awe.

I'm going to build the official set my husband got me for Christmas as soon as I fly back home.

Yeah, I even see where they modified it for the curved segments. This is crazy.

All hail the Lego tower!

When you run out of black bars, you go to beams of light. When you're out of beams of light, start using conveniently placed objects.

Or do what Senran Kagura does... faces of the girls covering their chests!

I stand chastised. I shall endeavor to do better the next time I post lewd stuff.

4OdZFuf.gif

I also think you all know way to much about this stuff :p

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Whoa! Congrats!

----

I've been reading some KanColle 4koma. Pretty amusing, and is making me want Nendoroid Hiei, Kongou, Akagi, and Kaga. I hope they make a Nendoroid Tenryuu as well.

Unryu would make a nice figure I think!

and Supply Ship Mamiya:

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Congrats! Double the income double the figures!

Ryuuroden

Whoa! Congrats!

----

I've been reading some KanColle 4koma. Pretty amusing, and is making me want Nendoroid Hiei, Kongou, Akagi, and Kaga. I hope they make a Nendoroid Tenryuu as well.

Unryu would make a nice figure I think!

and Supply Ship Mamiya:

Wow, Unryu is very pretty.

Luigi87

Firstly, congrats RMI!
totally jelly, and wishing you continued happiness.

Secondly, holy crap Ryuuroden, that is frigging amazing o_o

Thirdly, was about to order Gundam Breakers 2 for PS3 on AmiAmi and looked at my current orders...
I have eight figures on order atm... Not many compared to some here, but I have never before had that many orders at once for figures... I didn't even realize @_@
Worse is, I'm at the moment not putting any more new figures out for display, as I kind of ran out room, and was hoping to hold off displaying any new ones until I hopefully get my own place come June... uh... crap

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Nah, I just turned 41, married 2 lovely kids, I've been a toy/figure collector since I was a kid and instead of playing and destroying my star wars figures I wanted to keep them in pristine condition and display them, my 5 years old has become a collector as well, he collects LEGO Marvel sets and keeps them in a display shelve in his room, when he has friends over they can play with his toys except the LEGO Marvel stuff. So yeah I am the oldest one here probably but when I go to a toy convention I see plenty of older people too.
Awesome, I'm not the oldest figure collector on Gaf... I got my 3 year old into the Disney/marvel infinity figures, though we have to keep them high on a shelf so he doesn't chew on them, he's the "smash, bang,crash" kinda kid that my brother and I were at younger ages, wasn't until I got older that I tried to keep them nice and display worthy, but I'm still known to take Hot Toy Spiderman out of the detolf and swing him around the living room...

Happy birthday ! 37 here, not so far behind.
Thanks, any gray hair yet? I found three, first time I went looking for them...
Happy barfday!
Too much cake... Blargh...
Dang 4 days off from Xmas, could've said 'Happy Birthmas" XD

Happy Birthday, I'm not sure if you can be called the oldman of this group, but you've the privilege to do a Grandpa Simpsons rant ala "In my day..." If you want =P
Yeah it sucked waiting a year for present week, but it also always rocked cause I got a ton of shit all of a sudden, sometime too much to appreciate all of it. I blame growing up like that on my almost ocd like purchasing nature, sure getting a PS4 was cool but I didn't need to buy 16 games with it, I'm still playing Binding of Isaac Rebirth and haven't touched a single one of them...

As for my old man "back in my day" moment, I'm gonna do this:

When I was a kid this was a 1/6 scale Han Solo:
When I was in my 20's this was a 1/6 scale Han Solo:
Now a year away from 40 this is a 1/6 scale Han Solo:

Can't wait to see what he looks like when I'm 60,
might get one that actually looks like Harrison Ford...

I really dig how some people just go and do their own thing with Gunpla and don't stick to official color schemes. This one below just fucking amazed me... I still can barely believe it's real and not an illustration. You can kind of see that fact on the gun and other accessories in some cases, but man.... Amazing:More pics here.
When I first saw those animated Gundam figure pics I thought I was gonna break my "no gundam" rule and buy one, thankfully it's just one of the most awesome customs I've ever seen...

Ok, the Gundams the second most awesome custom I've ever seen, that shit is insane Ryuuroden.... How on earth did you afford all that lego without a credit card? My mind boggles...

i5TXwuPnwwocE.jpg

I've got some chasing to do to catch you up, but it's nice to find someone is on the other side of my age for once ;D

rUioDUw.gif

"You hear that Elizabeth I'm coming to join you honey, someone used old man yells at clouds on me..."

Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me if I'm older then you man!

So did I miss anything? I was gone all weekend for early Christmas festivities with the family.

On a awesome note my Grandfather asked if I wanted any shelves built. Apparently my Mom mentioned what I have been collecting to my Grandmother and he wants to build me something for them and my art books. Won't have it till the spring but I can't wait for it.

Acid08

Banned
So I'm re-watching TTGL right now and I'm itching for a Yoko figure. I see most of them are outrageously expensive except this one:

71MLyZ50bZL._SL1500_.jpg

Anyone have it? Thoughts on the quality?

Bombless

So I'm re-watching TTGL right now and I'm itching for a Yoko figure. I see most of them are outrageously expensive except this one:

I have her and she's great. It's not super duper quality stuff, I think she might be a big prize figure, but she's lovely. The only weird thing is her weapons, a pistol and her sniper rifle with a ridiculously small barrel, but I don't care much about that.

That figure would look a lot better to me if Boota wasn't there. He's not removeable, is he?

Nope, not removable.

That's the SEGA prize figure. She's pretty common. Good quality, no real issues except leaning, which can be prevented if you just put her up against something.

Wanderer5

Tsk now that I am into Kill la Kill and loving it I started looking at the nendos and that figma again lol.XD Saw the Ryuko nendo and the figma at a toy store near me, through both were $65 bleh. I probably look out for either down the road anyway, or not bother.XD

I don't think I ever commented on that new Max Factory Miku, so I'll do that now.

WUT? If ever there was a figure that was too busy, this is it. Her sculpt is fine, her outfit is cute, but your eye is being dragged in too many directions here. And WHY IS SHE LEANING OVER SO FAR!? I like my Shining Wizard figures, but this is an easy pass.

71MLyZ50bZL._SL1500_.jpg

It's a Sega prize figure, so you know it's going to be good. I have her leaning against my Portal Gun just as a precaution, but I've never had issues with her. Great fig for a great price, can't go wrong with a Sega prize figure.

I can't say the same for Mysterious Bounty Humter Yoko though :(

I have her and she's great. It's not super duper quality stuff, I think she might be a big prize figure, but she's lovely. The only weird thing is her weapons, a pistol and her sniper rifle with a ridiculously small barrel, but I don't care much about that.

Well the figure is based off of the first Gurren Lagann movie, there's a scene where she disassembles her rifle into two smaller guns.

Bombless

So that french GSC online store has already shipped my Rin nendo despite having not charged me yet (the paypal payment plan starts next month apparently). Really weird.

Meyneth

FIGMA HORSES ARE UP ON GSC!!

Come on amiami, bring me dat discount

Edit:
I guess it's an exclusive?? Gonna order two horsies anyway

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
^ It is an amazing figure, but once you get one you have to collect all five. Which is why I stopped myself.

Bombless

^ It is an amazing figure, but once you get one you have to collect all five. Which is why I stopped myself.

And why you should get into the Seven Deadly Sins!

edit : Also yeah, that new Gem Miku is terrible. I mean, I'm sure Shining Wizard made an amazing sculpt, but that tilt is just sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom