• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

Does anyone know if there is indeed a change in policy regarding import of products containing a lithium battery from Japan? I can't find anything on it. I was looking to import a PS Vita.

Apparently that new rule allows me to use either DHL,UPS, EMS or FedEx for shipping, but I'm not really sure which would offer the best shipping rate for me, and the FedEx site is being incredibly annoying on getting any sort of quota.

Just got time and unboxed. Anyone still waiting for KyoAni to announce Kumin-senpai and Satone? (,,#゚Д゚)

10891621_10200219138717050_6716014527189231471_n.jpg

10898111_10200219138557046_2037226639417589714_n.jpg

StayDead

Makaizou: Kantai Collection – Shimakaze 1/8 PVC figure by AMAKUNI

http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=52135

Makaizou: No Game No Life – Shiro 1/7 PVC figure by Kotobukiya

http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=52134

Makaizou: Ro-Kyu-Bu! – Hakamada Hinata Usagi-san Ver. 1/7 PVC figure by PLUM

http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=52133

Makaizou: Ro-Kyu-Bu! – Minato Tomoka Usagi-san Ver. 1/7 PVC figure by PLUM

http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=52132

Makaizou: Megpoid – GUMI 1/8 PVC figure by Kotobukiya

http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=52131

Makaizou: IS <Infinite Stratos> – Shinonono Hoki Swimsuit Ver. 1/7 PVC figure by Gift

http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=52130

(NSFW)

Pick your poison. ^^

Houki is STACKED O_O

tauke

Just got time and unboxed. Anyone still waiting for KyoAni to announce Kumin-snepai and Satone? (,,#&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;)

10891621_10200219138717050_6716014527189231471_n.jpg

10898111_10200219138557046_2037226639417589714_n.jpg

I need to watch Chuunibyou but what caught my attention is the Dell monitor.

You have the same monitor model like me! (&#8807;&#8711;&#8806;)/

Repgnar

Got my first two Nendoroid figures over Christmas break thanks to some awesome friends. They had gone to Worlds for League of Legends and picked up the Ahri there. The other friend ordered the Red one when they came back into stock at some point. Really like em.

d4PNrfRl.jpg

wlpq7PKl.jpg

Iki7mSyl.jpg

Luigi87

Got my first two Nendoroid figures over Christmas break thanks to some awesome friends. They had gone to Worlds for League of Legends and picked up the Ahri there. The other friend ordered the Red one when they came back into stock at some point. Really like em.

There are no words to describe how jelly I am of you and your Ahri.

george_us

MH Dandy, MH Honey, and Bishoujo Starfire came today and I'm ecstatic about all three of them. Megahouse is quickly turning into my favorite figure company. While their quality doesn't quite get to Max Factory tier, they're still extremely high quality and they seem to have far greater variety among their figures not to mention the relative lack of long delays without a drop in quality. Starfire is gorgeous in her own right although the lack of a proper base gives me a little concern. Seems like she could tip over relatively easily.

As for my Top 10:

10) Phat Ryuko
9) Bishoujo Armored Wonder Woman
8) Bishoujo Jubilee

7) Megahouse Dandy
6) Megahouse Honey
5) Megahouse Sorceress

4) Megahouse Elf
3) Megahouse Amazon
2) Orchid Seed Mammon

Number One: Max Factory Tharja

omlet

Aaaand, unboxed!

Wow that was fast. I will always remember Alter as Later-

Actually, she was supposed to be an October 2014 release. Got delayed into December. And then took almost a month to get here (SAL + holidays)!

Alrighty, picture time. Quick-'n'-dirty in-cabinet photos, nothing elaborate for now (I still need a tripod/stand and some more lights for light tent before doing anything fancier).

Alter has done it again. Sora turned out fabulous. If I had to complain about anything it would be that her head seems a tiny bit too big, however, I don't think you can really fault Alter for this, because her sculpt is quite faithful to the original illustration aside from not having any trace of a blush on her face.

These are fairly high res, so you can click on them to see the full size in the quote tag or check the gallery http://imgur.com/a/TYwd8
855LBqT.jpg

Sculpt basis artwork.

6A8b8UP.jpg

The chair is great, but the back is actually pretty flimsy. Have to be careful with it; feels like it could snap without much provocation.

jZuX756.jpg

A shot to show how she sits on chair plus her size relative to a DETOLF shelf.

sic39DD.jpg

CYgtIOA.jpg

J4YYrXg.jpg

oGuqCRy.jpg

Some of the prototype and official shots made her face look a little weird (couldn't really see eyebrows, shadowing was weird). She's definitely better looking in person with some more even lighting.

ANWMj2Q.jpg

Hair seam? What hair seam? Her hair is great. The longer strands themselves feel sturdy without being rigid.

7FWBMac.jpg

Hnnngh.

dAIZUQg.jpg

ixhlRSH.jpg

The detail and paint job on her cheongsam is fantastic.

I6HiOlh.jpg

L0aC4cs.jpg

Details, details.

Gll09BO.jpg

Sorry for the window reflection, but anyway here's a glance from behind.

LWwxivi.jpg

Man, those thighhighs... (You can't tell except from the side if you look closely, but there is a small peg on her right ankle that fits into the back of her left leg to keep her legs to keep them properly crossed.)

EqG58s0.jpg

Auto-focus was being dumb for this shot so I tried manual and it turned out okay except a bit brighter than the others.

Bonus: My tabby likes when I get new figures, too. For some reason, he loves that crinkle crinkle amiami packing paper.

Meyneth

So, I finally got around to playing with the Kaiyodo Rust Kirin. I wanted to see how well it worked as a mount type figure so I thought that Parfom Aigis would be a good test rider (she was the only articulated figure in the vicinity that had action pieces attached):
The base that came with the Kirin was wayyyyyy too small for this pose (thus the sticky tack), but the balance was pretty good. Super happy about this pose though, so any figma rider testing will have to wait until the Painted Kirin gets here.

Also, prize figure Shirahoshi's arrived and I've had to move my nendo tea party to make room:

Got my Jubilee, Sinon and Hana today from the post-office. Only opened Jubilee, so far. Those 90's shades are so dope. I don't know why they bothered with the standard ones. I need to go through my collection and sell off some of the impulse-buys I kind of regret. Need to make some space. My focus from here on is going to be on bishoujos. I'll keep up with the Prison School figures, and some random ones I like here and there (definitely getting GSC Michelle K. Davis), but I don't really want to end up with a half-dozen new scales per month.

Batwoman bishoujo this month!

Found out Bandai are doing SHFs for Beetleborgs/Juukou B-Fighter and got excited.

Then I saw the price for Blue Beet on BBTS.

6ce.png

I hate exclusives.

StayDead

Asked Dad weeks ago if I could have a package delivered to his house and he said fine. He forgot and got annoyed today because something for me turned up at his house despite the fact I'm moving in in two weeks and asked him a month ago.

Families ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You did the right thing. d(^_^)v

Oh, just to you know, she's forced cast-off. You have to actually cut the strong on her bikini to see "more of her". It doesn't bother me anyway [since I was never intending to display her cast-off], but I thought I'd let you know just in case you thought otherwise.

She looks great, though. I'm really excited for her. Mohio definitely sculpts a nice body. He's the same guy who did Alleyne from Orchid Seed.

I was hoping you would support me in my decision at least! I was aware of the forced cast-off. It's not a big deal since I wasn't planning on casting her off anyway. I'm sure there will be pics on MFC if I'm curious.

Ultimadrago

Aaaand, unboxed!...

Bonus: My tabby likes when I get new figures, too. For some reason, he loves that crinkle crinkle amiami packing paper.

Really sweet figure, omlet! Thanks for sharing. And "D'aaaw" at your cat basking in your packing paper of shame. Hah. Man, if I knew the character a bit better at the time I first saw Sora's shots, I'd have likely gotten it myself.

Wanderer5

Kind of a bleh list lol, but here my top 5 of 2014.

#5 Disney Infinity 2.0 Donald Duck

DisneyInfinity2_PopUp_Images_DonaldDuck.jpg

#4 Ghost Pop Vinyl (Limited Flocked Edition)
Game-of-Thrones-Flocked-Ghost-Pop-Vinyl-Figure-Funko-SDCC-2014-Exclusives.jpeg

#3 Star Fox Amiibo
NDWUNVLAAAFlg.jpg

#2 Pokemon Center Mega Swampert Plush
DSCN0438_zps1587074a.jpg

1# Nendoroid Red
630x.jpg

Honorable mention: Samus Aran Figma 2014 re-run
7648373106_94deb9abc4_z.jpg

Well granted through I still like even Donald, who has some decent paint work and a nice style.

Meyneth

Kind of a bleh list lol, but here my top 5 of 2014.

#5 Disney Infinity 2.0 Donald Duck

#4 Ghost Pop Vinyl (Limited Flocked Edition)

#3 Star Fox Amiibo

#2 Pokemon Center Mega Swampert Plush

1# Nendoroid Red

Honorable mention: Samus Aran Figma 2014 re-run

Well granted through I still like even Donald, who has some decent paint work and a nice style.
I feel like the DI Aladdin and Tinkerbell also need an honorable mention. Every one I've seen in store has had nearly perfect paint and face screening. The most variable ones seem to be rapunzel and Anna, but they have a lot of detail going on anyway. :/
The marvel ones also look really good, but I know nothing about guardians of the galaxy or the avengers

My top 5 was actually quite difficult as a lot of figures I bought this year came out last year or the year before. Anyway:

#5 Unique Toys Mania King (Vintage Color Ver.)

#4 S.H. Figuarts Piccolo (reissue)

#3 S.H. Monsterarts Gigan (2004)

#2 Figma Iron Man Mark VII

#1 S.H. Figuarts Legendary SSJ Broly

Honourable mentions:

Marvel Legends Star Lord (movie version)

Transformers Generations Jetfire/Skyfire (Leader class)

chrono01

Aaaand, unboxed!

Actually, she was supposed to be an October 2014 release. Got delayed into December. And then took almost a month to get here (SAL + holidays)!

Alrighty, picture time. Quick-'n'-dirty in-cabinet photos, nothing elaborate for now (I still need a tripod/stand and some more lights for light tent before doing anything fancier).

Alter has done it again. Sora turned out fabulous. If I had to complain about anything it would be that her head seems a tiny bit too big, however, I don't think you can really fault Alter for this, because her sculpt is quite faithful to the original illustration aside from not having any trace of a blush on her face.

These are fairly high res, so you can click on them to see the full size in the quote tag or check the gallery http://imgur.com/a/TYwd8

Thanks for the review, she looks amazing.

I was going to order this one [when HS got a restock in], but at that time I already had the Black Ver. pre-ordered from AmiAmi. As much as I love the original colors, I feel the contrast in the Black Ver. [with her pale skin, light hair] looks even better, but there's no denying she's a great figure either way.

Alter does it again.

I was hoping you would support me in my decision at least! I was aware of the forced cast-off. It's not a big deal since I wasn't planning on casting her off anyway. I'm sure there will be pics on MFC if I'm curious.
Well I'm happy to not disappoint! Now here's hoping she's not delayed. :(

Amakuni generally makes their scheduled release months, so it shouldn't be an issue. Still, Asmodeus [Bunny Ver.] was delayed from December into January, so you can never be too sure...

I seriously cannot wait for her, though. I even opted for the bonus for this one. Well....I usually opt for the bonus, but this one in particular I want. That art...

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Wow crunchyroll finally shipped my Shiro 1/7.

I barely remember I ordered it. Total came out to be $87.

omlet

Really sweet figure, omlet! Thanks for sharing. And "D'aaaw" at your cat basking in your packing paper of shame. Hah. Man, if I knew the character a bit better at the time I first saw Sora's shots, I'd have likely gotten it myself.

Do you say that as in you know her character a bit better now? Because I kind of have to question if knowing more about her character would make you want the figure more... heh...
Thanks for the review, she looks amazing.

I was going to order this one [when HS got a restock in], but at that time I already had the Black Ver. pre-ordered from AmiAmi. As much as I love the original colors, I feel the contrast in the Black Ver. [with her pale skin, light hair] looks even better, but there's no denying she's a great figure either way.

Alter does it again.

Here's a little secret: I have the black dress one ordered, too. White was sold out, black went up for orders, so I pulled the trigger for that one, then like a week later white was released and amiami must have had a canceled order or two, because it was shown as in stock, I ordered it, and it was the last one. I think the black one overall does look better, but I wish that it also had
black panties because the white ones stand out too much.

Ultimadrago

Do you say that as in you know her character a bit better now? Because I kind of have to question if knowing more about her character would make you want the figure more... heh...

I don't know much about her at all aside *something something*likes brother *something* lol. (Which is hardly enough alone to scare me off knowing what other material I've tripped into regarding anime) Regardless, I dig the design and figure.

omlet

I don't know much about her at all aside *something something*likes brother *something* lol. (Which is hardly enough alone to scare me off knowing what other material I've tripped into regarding anime) Regardless, I dig the design and figure.

Fair enough! Well, one to put on your preowned watch list, then :D! She's still quite new so it might not be frequently just yet but I'm sure some will show up, especially with black one announced and people not being crazy enough to buy both
like I did

Bombless

Here's a little secret: I have the black dress one ordered, too. White was sold out, black went up for orders, so I pulled the trigger for that one, then like a week later white was released and amiami must have had a canceled order or two, because it was shown as in stock, I ordered it, and it was the last one. I think the black one overall does look better, but I wish that it also had

I think that was the whole point of the black version. Also, that naked Houki is ridiculous.

chrono01

I think the black one overall does look better, but I wish that it also had
I'd have to agree with that. Black would have been nicer, as they wouldn't be so...apparent.

Nice job on owing both, though. While I know little of the source material [and honestly, don't care to learn given the story behind it] she's still an amazing figure.

omlet

I think that was the whole point of the black version.

I don't have to like it! That black dress, though... couldn't say no to that, and having the original in hand now I'm even more confident now that the black version is going to be amazing.

Just pre-ordered KG-6 Sleipnir and Michelle K. Davis from Amiami.

Good man. Michelle K. Davis best girl confirmed. I just started watching the animu despite being all caught up on the manga. Man, the censorship is bad. Why would they edit this when I've seen far far worse in School Days?

Crunchyroll releases all their figures 3 months late. You should know this.

It's nuts, though. Most US retailers only take the extra month after the Japanese release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom