• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Javac, my man! What's up?

Man I've never seen someone so enthusiastic to see the sight of me lol :p I'm alright thanks, don't hang around these parts much these days and coming in here and seeing all the new figures is always overwhelming so I generally just get intimated by it all and leave. Slowed down on the figure purchases almost entirely in any case, Blu-rays seem to be a new target for me now lol. Alas I've been getting a few Amiibo's (not really figures in the traditional sense I'd say :p) but other than that not much but I'm very interested in seeing if we get any more Nintendo licensed stuff and the likes, like Zero Suit Figma, and ALBW Link Figma etc. If we get stuff like that later on in the year I'd be interested in them. What about yourself? Everything good I hope?

Good man. Michelle K. Davis best girl confirmed. I just started watching the animu despite being all caught up on the manga. Man, the censorship is bad. Why would they edit this when I've seen far far worse in School Days?

I've been thinking about PO her since it's started and I just decided after I saw her abs on Nyantype Magazine feb 2015 issue. Lol

I'm hoping that someone will make her figure base on that picture too.

ALTER please !!!

Picked up a shelf from Target today for only $35. Might go get another one soon now that I set it up. Great for Nendos.

5J9nCA3.jpg

Apologies for the shitty phone pic :p

Picked up a shelf from Target today for only $35. Might go get another one soon now that I set it up. Great for Nendos.

Holy shit, your pic just reminded me that I got Nendoroid Satsuki !

I mean she arrived a few month ago but I just forgot about her.

And I just thought that I lost her package for a second. =w=

5J9nCA3.jpg

Haha I thought the shelfs were big when you photoed the box on twitter but with the nendos on I see how small it actually was XD

That shelf made me realize I need more Nendo petites....wish I had ordered the Girls Und Panzer set. Especially with that little Tank on it's way to me.

StayDead

That shelf made me realize I need more Nendo petites....wish I had ordered the Girls Und Panzer set. Especially with that little Tank on it's way to me.

Don't start on petits. They're as good as nendos but you end up with loads and they take loooads of space.

javac

Do you think a LWA figure is still on the table? With Part 2 out this year I hope we see something, and if we do it better be nice :)

george_us

Man I've never seen someone so enthusiastic to see the sight of me lol :p I'm alright thanks, don't hang around these parts much these days and coming in here and seeing all the new figures is always overwhelming so I generally just get intimated by it all and leave. Slowed down on the figure purchases almost entirely in any case, Blu-rays seem to be a new target for me now lol. Alas I've been getting a few Amiibo's (not really figures in the traditional sense I'd say :p) but other than that not much but I'm very interested in seeing if we get any more Nintendo licensed stuff and the likes, like Zero Suit Figma, and ALBW Link Figma etc. If we get stuff like that later on in the year I'd be interested in them. What about yourself? Everything good I hope?
Good to hear you're doing well, haven't seen you around lately. I hear you on slowing down your figure purchases. I've told myself once I hit 50 figures then that's it for me until I get a bigger place to store them. Also might be dipping my toes into Sideshow Collectibles starting with the Court of the Dead's Kier. My wallet's never going to forgive me for that lol.

sca2511

Been looking for a good price on the Figuarts Zero Sailor Moon figures. I bought Moon today at a con for $70, but I'm having a hard time finding Venus and Mercury for <$90. I see Amazon is selling Mercury for $86, but nothing really more than that. Any help is welcome.

Bombless

My focus from here on is going to be on bishoujos. I'll keep up with the Prison School figures, and some random ones I like here and there (definitely getting GSC Michelle K. Davis), but I don't really want to end up with a half-dozen new scales per month.

Batwoman bishoujo this month!

Yeah, she didn't go up for pre-order yet. Only one of the Terraformars Figuarts has at this point. I'll probably end up buying them all, though.

OMG guys, I need this too:

Well, that lasted almost a page. You're on the right track Freeza-kun!

So apparently, Pink bishoujo Chun-Li went up for sale on Koto's store and sold out already. I have no idea when this happened, but she was limited to only 100 pieces. WHAT THE FUCK!? And they told no one.

javac

Good to hear you're doing well, haven't seen you around lately. I hear you on slowing down your figure purchases. I've told myself once I hit 50 figures then that's it for me until I get a bigger place to store them. Also might be dipping my toes into Sideshow Collectibles starting with the Court of the Dead's Kier. My wallet's never going to forgive me for that lol.

The Sideshow Collectible figures look phenomenal but man the price would make any wallet weep D: Probably not going to help, but they do look like they're worth the price however, some nice craftsmanship there.

So apparently, Pink bishoujo Chun-Li went up for sale on Koto's store and sold out already. I have no idea when this happened, but she was limited to only 100 pieces. WHAT THE FUCK!? And they told no one.

Man that sucks, it's great when you bag something with that low of a print but when you miss out you feel like crap. If it makes you feel any better, it's just a different paint job right? You already own the Blue one I'd imagine (your love for bishoujo figures is palpable :p), the pink one does look really nice but you shouldn't fret over it :) Obviously sucks they didn't give any heads up, these limited things are never done correctly. They should do them in waves on set times or something.

Man that sucks, it's great when you bag something with that low of a print but when you miss out you feel like crap. If it makes you feel any better, it's just a different paint job right? You already own the Blue one I'd imagine (your love for bishoujo figures is palpable :p), the pink one does look really nice but you shouldn't fret over it :) Obviously sucks they didn't give any heads up, these limited things are never done correctly. They should do them in waves on set times or something.

I'm actually not going to buy each and every Street Fighter bishoujo. Juri and Poison, definitely, but I don't know about the rest. Probably would have ordered the Pink Chun-li if I knew she was up for sale, but she probably sold out super fast. No great loss, I just feel left out since I didn't know about it. :(

javac

I'm actually not going to buy each and every Street Fighter bishoujo. Juri and Poison, definitely, but I don't know about the rest. Probably would have ordered the Pink Chun-li if I knew she was up for sale, but she probably sold out super fast. No great loss, I just feel left out since I didn't know about it. :(

Yeah it sucks, 100 is a tiny amount. Still, you never know, something else similar might come along in the near future that you get to snatch :)

tauke

Aaaand, unboxed!

*high res pics galore*

Bonus: My tabby likes when I get new figures, too. For some reason, he loves that crinkle crinkle amiami packing paper.

Looks great! Make me regret that I didn't pick it up.

For the auto-focus thingy, the lower end Canon DSLR uses contrast pattern/shape to focus so it can be very confusing if there is lots of similar pattern going around the picture.

Try practicing with Aperture Priority mode together with manual focus (with live view).

Acid08

Banned
Any tip for searching for stuff on Mandarake? The names things are listed under kind of bone up searching for items in English it seems.

chrono01

That's a great shelf for Nendoroid. Perfect size for them!

Also, I'm seriously considering cancelling Devil Homura. She's extremely costly [like...KanColle Armament Ver. costly], and doesn't come with many extras. The different face/Kyubey pose is nice, but doesn't change things a whole lot.

What's my reason for cancelling her [other than my January/February being hell on the wallet]? The USD --> CDN exchange rate is pretty awful at the moment. Actually, it's been bad the last month or so. The YEN --> CDN rate is a lot better [thankfully]. This doesn't help with Devil Homura though, since I have her ordered from Rightstuf [therefore, she's charged in USD]. Basically, factoring in shipping and the exchange rate, I'd be paying around $265-$275 CDN for her.

...That's a lot of money.

Add to this the fact that, while she looks amazing, I didn't love the third movie too much so I don't feel a big connection to her. Not only that, I have to think about space restraints, since I already have Ultimate Madoka.

I'll make my decision over the next few days. I'm leaning more towards letting her go, however. There's just way too much I'd have to pay [literally] to add her to my collection. :/

Anyway, thus ends my rant for the night/morning.

Bittercup

I just pre-ordered the re-release of the Elf from Dragon's Crown on plamoya.
Immediately after that the product page changed the pre-order button to 'notify me'. I assume this means pre-orders are now closed.
Do I need to worry? Did I get the last one? The status in my account is 'Order Received' and it's already paid.
I don't want to miss her again :/

Also, I'm seriously considering cancelling Devil Homura. She's extremely costly [like...KanColle Armament Ver. costly], and doesn't come with many extras. The different face/Kyubey pose is nice, but doesn't change things a whole lot.

Oh my goodness, chrono coming to his senses? :O

>.>

I'm thinking about buying bishoujo Jason. I need those abs in my life. I checked out three or four retailers and she's going for about the same price everywhere.

NEO0MJ

After two weeks it looks like my package from HLJ has finally entered the country. I was giving up hope that I'll ever receive it.

Don't buy anything you're not feeling. You'll only end up regretting it later.

chrono01

I just pre-ordered the re-release of the Elf from Dragon's Crown on plamoya.
Immediately after that the product page changed the pre-order button to 'notify me'. I assume this means pre-orders are now closed.
Do I need to worry? Did I get the last one? The status in my account is 'Order Received' and it's already paid.
I don't want to miss her again :/
You should be fine. It probably just means you grabbed the final one.

Any tip for searching for stuff on Mandarake? The names things are listed under kind of bone up searching for items in English it seems.
If you don't know/can't type in Japanese, MFC can help with this. Simply find the item you want to search for on MFC and click the name. It will show you it in Japanese text.

For example [the aforementioned Devil Homura]:

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198394

Click "Akuma Homura" and you'll get "&#24746;&#39764;&#12411;&#12416;&#12425;". Then you can just enter that into the search box on Mandarake.

Oh my goodness, chrono coming to his senses? :O

>.>
I know, it scares me too.

Don't buy anything you're not feeling. You'll only end up regretting it later.
Wise words indeed, friend.

I'll give it a night or two to see, but I'm pretty confident in my decision to cancel her. I'm fine with the main cast + Ultimate Madoka, don't really need anyone else.

Acid08

Banned
If you don't know/can't type in Japanese, MFC can help with this. Simply find the item you want to search for on MFC and click the name. It will show you it in Japanese text.

For example [the aforementioned Devil Homura]:

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198394

Click "Akuma Homura" and you'll get "&#24746;&#39764;&#12411;&#12416;&#12425;". Then you can just enter that into the search box on Mandarake.

Dude, thank you! Seems like exactly what I needed!

tauke

Like chrono01 mentioned although for me, I will do a double lookup especially on the English site.

Try both the Japanese text and also English text. Sometimes this is how I managed to find some doujins/artbooks that I'm looking for as they key in as separate entries.

Once you get the hang of the search system, your wallet will slowly bleed to death. :)

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I'm gonna roll with the Darth Vader from Hot Toys, due to all the extra features (like sound). And, I can make low payments if I get it from Sideshow's website. Which is really cool.
Flex pay is always awesome, lets you buy expensive stuff and still remain flexible enough to buy other figures in the same time frame without worrying about a huge bill...

Also, I'm seriously considering cancelling Devil Homura.

Beautiful figure with the worst wing design ever, and this is the second time you talked about cutting and running on her, probably better if you let her go find a home that really wants her...

Just make sure you keep Maria Saotome on order, because I'll be living vicariously on your pictures of her...

I'm thinking about buying bishoujo Jason. I need those abs in my life. I checked out three or four retailers and she's going for about the same price everywhere.

Bishoujo Jasons abs are worth it, Freddy's no slouch either, they make quite the pair...

I took a trip out to an Anime/Figure/Manga/Games store in town today called Manga Soka. It was the first time I've been in a specialty store like that. The figures section was pretty large all things considered. It consisted mostly of pre-owned items, but all were in excellent condition.

The best part was most were on display out in front of their boxes, so I could get a close look at the detail. Looking through pics on MFC does not compare to seeing them in real life. I was surprised by how large the 1/4 scales were, and the actual size of the 1/10 Beach Queens. There was an entire isle each dedicated to One Piece and Gundam kits, as well as, like, 2 isles of nothing but lewd. I was also able to see a lot of figures that you guys post, and I was tempted on a few because the prices were typically 1k - 2k lower than AmiAmi plus no shipping.

I almost bought the Muramasa Sansei I've been looking at for a while, but I'm more disappointed in myself for not walking out of there with the jumbo Miku nendo they had for 8k. I was looking all over for the Kill La Kill prize figures and nendos, but couldn't find them. While the isles kind of had a "category" organization, it was mostly chaotic, and you would need a lot of time to look on every shelf to find something. The rarest (I think) though was the deluxe Miku - Love is War set. I've never seen that one in the wild.

Speaking of prize figures, they actually had one of the prize figure claw games of sorts. It was a crane game where you could fish out several things. Amongst them were little capsules with color coded locker keys in them that went in the matching color display locker next to the machine. Most of the prizes there had been claimed, but there was a Kan Colle card set, and a prize figure I didn't recognize still up for grabs.

Their nendo section was extremely disappointing though. There were maybe 30? And none that interested me. They had way more Figmas. Near the nendo/figma section they also had a dubious display with a bunch of large sealed bags. Supposedly these bags were surprise grab bags of figures, and were labled with prices ranging from 5k to 15k. Too rich for my blood.

I regret not having my phone handy to take pics for you guys, but hopefully I can go back soon to, uh... just take a look at that jumbo Miku, and get a few pictures of the place. It was Sunday here when I went, and Sunday is the day everyone on Okinawa goes out to do shit. There were, like, 200 people in that place, and it was hard to stand anywhere and not be in someone's way. I've been told during the weekday there's practically no one there. I'll try back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom