• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I took a trip out to an Anime/Figure/Manga/Games store in town today called Manga Soka.

Sounds like a fun way to spend the day, but it sounds like you walked out without buying anything?

How is this possible, I don't understand?

-------------

Got all the IKEA stuff built, and rearranged stuff, etc...

Space gal wall shelf, Issac and Siggy will find another home when more space gals come out:
gRLRaib.jpg

Disney infinity figures took over the top of my detolfs, now that Hellboys got a home:

Figma and piddly shite shelf, as well as my wife's Tales of figures, will need to buy some extra shelf's for my SH monsterart and revoltech Predators and Aliens to get in there...

Hellboy PF in his new dustless home, sadly his horns and crown head is too big to fit inside the besta, but I need him to gather less dust then look cool as fuck that head on, also sword hand had to be switched to gun hand... Good news is Queen of the Dead will fit in a besta no problem, but the bad news is Kier even with her mask off probably won't...

I'm gonna roll with the Darth Vader from Hot Toys, due to all the extra features (like sound).

I have that! It's the shit, you're going to love it.

I caved and preordered the Real Action Heroes New 52 Batman. I'm trying not to cave into another Miku nendo, but that bike is too cute gah

NEO0MJ

Hellboy PF in his new dustless home, sadly his horns and crown head is too big to fit inside the besta, but I need him to gather less dust then look cool as fuck that head on, also sword hand had to be switched to gun hand... Good news is Queen of the Dead will fit in a besta no problem, but the bad news is Kier even with her mask off probably won't...

Can't you try to modify the location of the shelves to give him more space?

omlet

Try practicing with Aperture Priority mode together with manual focus (with live view).

Yeah, Av mode is what I used for all those pics, but with no stand/tripod yet (it's next on my camera-stuff shopping list), manual focus by hand is a little tricky. In that shot in particular, when centered on her shoes the AF was still focusing in on the chair legs rather than her legs, causing her shoes to be notably blurry since I was shooting up close enough for that two inch difference to be a big deal.

Yeah, Av mode is what I used for all those pics, but with no stand/tripod yet (it's next on my camera-stuff shopping list), manual focus by hand is a little tricky. In that shot in particular, when centered on her shoes the AF was still focusing in on the chair legs rather than her legs, causing her shoes to be notably blurry since I was shooting up close enough for that two inch difference to be a big deal.
Pffff just use exclusively manual focus lenses and you'll never have that problem. :p

EDIT:
I dont know what any of the modes do because I exclusively shoot full manual.

Sounds like a fun way to spend the day, but it sounds like you walked out without buying anything?

-------------

Got all the IKEA stuff built, and rearranged stuff, etc...

Space gal wall shelf, Issac and Siggy will find another home when more space gals come out:

Disney infinity figures took over the top of my detolfs, now that Hellboys got a home:

Figma and piddly shite shelf, as well as my wife's Tales of figures, will need to buy some extra shelf's for my SH monsterart and revoltech Predators and Aliens to get in there...

Awesome setup, I am going to need more Detolfs myself soon.

tauke

If you don't mind dealing with custom firmware on the Canon DSLR, read more about Magic Lantern firmware which has nice function to assists in focusing like Trap Focus and Zoom Window.

Pffff just use exclusively manual focus lenses and you'll never have that problem. :p

EDIT:
I dont know what any of the modes do because I exclusively shoot full manual.

I do have some vintage prime lens that I enjoy a lot for video shooting but when it comes to point and shoot at events, I still need AF lenses since manually focusing and configuring manual mode is rather time consuming.

Also Av mode is handy as you set the aperture and let the camera figure out the shutter speed for the right exposure (I always set my own ISO as Auto can be too high to my liking).

If you don't mind dealing with custom firmware on the Canon DSLR, read more about Magic Lantern firmware which has nice function to assists in focusing like Trap Focus and Zoom Window.

I do have some vintage prime lens that I enjoy a lot for video shooting but when it comes to point and shoot at events, I still need AF lenses since manually focusing and configuring manual mode is rather time consuming.

Also Av mode is handy as you set the aperture and let the camera figure out the shutter speed for the right exposure (I always set my own ISO as Auto can be too high to my liking).
Eh, I usually just try to pre set the aperture and shutter, and give the auto ISO a range to work within, then I just ha e to deal with focusing. Yeah I mess up some shots but really, I haven't started taking "good" photos (fuckin weather), so a missed shot here and there isn't too bad. Besides, that's what peaking and burst shots are for. :p

I'm way too poor to afford new automatic lenses anyway.

tauke

Interesting. I will look into that firmware. I guess it just runs off SD card so it doesn't mess with the official firmware?

Yup it doesn't affect the official firmware. The good part is you can setup one SD card solely for Magic Lantern if you need to use the extra features. Grab the stable version if you don't need the RAW video recording function.

Also can't wait for Amiami preowned section list to be updated soon.

Giolon

Guys, I want to know your opinion.

Which company had the best KILL la KILL scale figure? GSC or Phat Company??

Judging by a promo/prototype pic because one from GSC is not painted yet. :((

I'm on board with all of them myself!

I'm going for the GSC set, myself. Less lewd.

Uh...methinks you're not very familiar with Senketsu Kisaragi...

Item location: 天门, 湖北省, China

99.99999% probability of being a bootleg.

Never buy figures coming from China/Hong Kong/Taiwain.

Pretty easy when you don't usually carry around several thousand yen :p. The idea for the day was to look around, and if we saw anything we wanted go hit the ATM and come back. That last part never happened hah.

Ordered Jason-chan from BBTS. Freddy-Chan is probably next. I kinda hope they add more to the series down the line. Pinhead-chan would be amazing.

chrono01

Beautiful figure with the worst wing design ever, and this is the second time you talked about cutting and running on her, probably better if you let her go find a home that really wants her...

Just make sure you keep Maria Saotome on order, because I'll be living vicariously on your pictures of her...
Yeah, second time for me considering her cancellation is probably a good sign to just go ahead and do it. :/

As for Maria Saotome, no worries, I'll be keeping her pre-order. Her face is perfection, and I can use the included bathtub for several of my other figures. I will not...nay, I cannot cancel her!

omlet

Also can't wait for Amiami preowned section list to be updated soon.

I'm afraid of the damage, but I'm looking forward to it, too. I wonder if it is tonight (USA time) or not until tomorrow some time (or even later, depending on the size)? It's almost 9AM in Japan right now.

Ryuuroden

I'm afraid of the damage, but I'm looking forward to it, too. I wonder if it is tonight (USA time) or not until tomorrow some time (or even later, depending on the size)? It's almost 9AM in Japan right now.

I shall enjoy watching the carnage.

I don't think I'll be buying anything. But I'm interested to see what kind of things pop up.

Wanderer5

Just wondering, but was Halloween Miku a exclusive thing or something.? Seems like she been pretty expensive in the aftermarket.

Acid08

Banned
Got a bunch of tips at work today and my first thought was "What figure could I buy with this?"

Hahahahahahahahahahahafuck

Wanderer5

From what, US sellers? Yeah, don't buy from them.

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1928730.html (this one sold out but it was from earlier this week just to give example of the price). That's like $60 shipped with the current USD/JPY conversion rate.

Ah I guess it either was that, or I don't even see it on some sites like Amiami. I don't really want to look into figure with that amount for the time being through lol.

Got a bunch of tips at work today and my first thought was "What figure could I buy with this?"

Hahahahahahahahahahahafuck

XD

That's your first mistake. You're better off waiting until you see something that interests you instead of going out of your way and looking for something [anything] to buy.

Acid08

Banned
XD

That's your first mistake. You're better off waiting until you see something that interests you instead of going out of your way and looking for something [anything] to buy.
Yeah, for sure. Mandarake is so dangerous, I see all these little things that I could impulse buy so easily. Gonna resist though, gotta make sure I have enough money for my HLJ Gunpla order and the Sepang Miku I preordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom