• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

I was never expecting to see this in this game.
scRH7GR.jpg

tXJnqGT.jpg

GERDtCL.jpg

PnmASYH.jpg

T7XLjkq.jpg

enYhZKT.jpg

HVmiA7y.jpg

Amazing.

I love this series.

That's so true it's depressing.

It's 7 days worth of preowned figures. Don't do it.

Also, good job at getting Raiden as well.

Yeah maybe you're right...but it wouldn't hurt to just take a little peek...right?

My previous problem with Raiden was so weird, in the back of my mind I still worry about it and think that my order is gonna be canceled.

omlet

I just might power off my PC and remove the battery from my phone to prevent myself from peeking.

You should do that to prevent yourself from canceling Homura. (On the conversion rate note, I originally balked at NY's pricetag for her, but with the yen right now it would actually be cheaper to import from them than buying it from Rightstuf...too bad NY is not taking more orders, so I haven't canceled my order at TRSI.)

chrono01

You should do that to prevent yourself from canceling Homura. (On the conversion rate note, I originally balked at NY's pricetag for her, but with the yen right now it would actually be cheaper to import from them than buying it from Rightstuf...too bad NY is not taking more orders, so I haven't canceled my order at TRSI.)
Speaking of, have a couple pre-orders for this from [from N-Y] that was ordered in the USD currency. Given the current exchange rate, do you think it's possible for them to switch it form USD --> YEN? I'm not sure if that's something they do or not, though.

It'd be nice if they did.

omlet

Speaking of, have a couple pre-orders for this from [from N-Y] that was ordered in the USD currency. Given the current exchange rate, do you think it's possible for them to switch it form USD --> YEN? I'm not sure if that's something they do or not, though.

I have no idea, tbh. If you didn't pay yet you could maybe ask them to cancel then you could re-place the order, but they might see what you're trying to do and not do it, lol. Beelzebub is my first time ordering from them and I ordered in yen and my CC did the conversion at checkout so I came out ahead on that order. Homura is listed at 17k yen on NY which is $141 so even if you figure 5k for shipping that's $20USD less than TRSI's price (which is basically MSRP and a straight 100yen/dollar conversion which was about what it was when she was announced for PO)... oh well.

It'll be nice if they don't give you a bootleg, too.

Acid08

Banned
Haha. Don't ever pay that much for a MegaHouse figure, tho. I admit, I've almost caved on Marida Cruz.

Gundam RAHDX Marida Cruz (B/B) - 10.7k

I already know that one day I will shell out for Haman. I need her, Rain, Sochie Heim, and Allenby because they're all from some of my favorite Gundam series.

Haman routinely goes for more than 10k. Allenby is around 6-7k. Sochie is 5-6k. Got Rain for $60 shipped.

I already have/will soon have all of the necessary Gunpla to display them with.

omlet

Dang it amiami, hurry up with the preowned updates. I'd love to sit up late without a care in the world need to get some sleep before work tonight!

chrono01

I have no idea, tbh. If you didn't pay yet you could maybe ask them to cancel then you could re-place the order, but they might see what you're trying to do and not do it, lol. Beelzebub is my first time ordering from them and I ordered in yen and my CC did the conversion at checkout so I came out ahead on that order. Homura is listed at 17k yen on NY which is $141 so even if you figure 5k for shipping that's $20USD less than TRSI's price (which is basically MSRP and a straight 100yen/dollar conversion which was about what it was when she was announced for PO)... oh well.
Yeah, I regret not choosing YEN at the time, but the YEN -- USD rate was too good for me not to. How was I supposed that USD --> CDN would reach such a point. :(

Oh well, I guess there's not much I can do. I doubt they'd allow me to cancel my order [since they don't allow cancellations], and even if I did, there'd be no way in knowing what cost the "new pre-order". It could end up being more than I'm currently paying.

There's still a bit of time before the pre-order(s) are released, so things could change. They might even get delayed. As for Devil Homura, even if I were to cancel from TRSI and order at N-Y, she'd still cost me around $170 CDN [before shipping]. Add on $50 [at least, given her size], and she'd still cost me a decent amount. ~_~

It'll be nice if they don't give you a bootleg, too.
That'd be asking for too much. I can't be greedy now, can I?

Looks like I got a package in the mail today. I completely forgot it was on the way.

Ah yes, I remember what it was now. Nepgear!

I also opted in for the crystal paperweight pre-order bonus. I wsan't so sure what I was getting with that, but it turned out pretty cool. It sits on a base that has pulsing LEDs that shift between blue and purple. My terrible phone camera had trouble in the low light, but it looks pretty cool. The base takes 3 AAA batteries, and there's a port for a DC plug, but a DC was not included :(

The figure itself is of fairly decent quality. It lacks super fine detail, but the paint job was flawless. She stands pretty solid on the base too, and was easy to get on there

She also came with the additional arm piece for Uni

Bonus content, I also recieved my Season 2 Box Set today. My K-On collection really is complete... for now.

And unfortunately it's back in the box, and under the bed. My apartment is too small to display anything. I'm only on Okinawa for another year until I transfer to mainland Japan, but until I move and get a bigger place, I'll be saving money by staying in this tiny place. When I move, I'm thinking of getting a two bedroom apartment, using the one room as a game room for my huge games + figures collection.

I already know that one day I will shell out for Haman. I need her, Rain, Sochie Heim, and Allenby because they're all from some of my favorite Gundam series.

Haman routinely goes for more than 10k. Allenby is around 6-7k. Sochie is 5-6k. Got Rain for $60 shipped.

I already have/will soon have all of the necessary Gunpla to display them with.

Call me crazy but when it comes to Gundam characters I prefer to get Gashapons over the really nice figures.

Have Loran, Sochie and Kihel with the Turn A Gunpla,
Wing cast with their Gundams(though similar scale to the Turn A figures these came unpainted with the old Endless Waltz kits)
00 cast with theirs.
finally a few G and SEED characters with theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom