• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, while we're talking about shelves (and speaking of Target shelves, I really need to go look at those... really liking how that one looked full of Nendos lol) and all waiting for the big new year preowned update on Amiami, here's an update on my shelving project to pass some time (re-linking for any newcomers who care).

Looking great!

My Grandfather has offered to help build a nice shelf with some glass doors for my books and figures. He plans to make it in sections so I can move it around and adjust it to my collection. I am so excited to see what he comes up with and plan to go help him with the heavy lifting come Spring time.

Think a little trip to IKEA is in order in the next couple of days. Gonna put up some more shelving as I'm fast running out of room in my little bedroom.

Can't wait until I can afford my own place.

IT'S ALIVE

7nQcL0w.gif

Wanderer5

Lol Neogaf was down.XD

And noooooo I just saw the SH figurearts Tiger and Bunny figures. Must resist, I don't want to get any of them, else I want more than one!:p No I must start saving up for upcoming figures!

Hey Figure-GAF! First time posting in this thread but I figured why not start off the new year by pre-ordering the Marika Tachibana Nendo and the Seishiro Tsugumi Nendo and joining Figure-GAF in the process. Time to wait and cry at my wallet now!

Welcome!

And you buy Nisekoi Nendos so you are obligated to say who's best girl so we can also judge you on that.

Lol Neogaf was down.XD

And noooooo I just saw the SH figurearts Tiger and Bunny figures. Must resist, I don't want to get any of them, else I want more than one!:p No I must start saving up for upcoming figures!
I saw Blue Rose earlier. I'm so tempted but I can't afford! :p

I claimed in OT2 that I'm not a member of weirdo anime girl statue gaf and have cool normal dude statues instead.

I stick by that and have more to post (soon, once I get my detolfs this weekend and get them up and going. seriously had no idea these even existed and I feel like i've seen the light)

that being said, Kyoko is #1 statue of ALL TIME

johnsmith

remember me
I claimed in OT2 that I'm not a member of weirdo anime girl statue gaf and have cool normal dude statues instead.

I stick by that and have more to post (soon, once I get my detolfs this weekend and get them up and going. seriously had no idea these even existed and I feel like i've seen the light)

that being said, Kyoko is #1 statue of ALL TIME

Ok, guy.

s8utU0b.jpg

StayDead

I really wish I'd learnt how to do carpentry properly from my Grandad when I was younger before he passed away. I used to play with wood and stuff with him but I never asked him to teach me the important things. I'm kinda useless at building, then again maybe it's in my blood and I can pick it up quickly, he was a great carpenter!

EDIT: I'm a page behind.

Wanderer5

Just gave some dust cleaning to my only scale figure heh. Back in Anime Expo 2013 I collected this guy for $35.

DSCN0507_zps1c0d39fe.jpg

I notice people been complaining about his face (along with his non flame version) but personally I think it looks alright, or maybe I was lucky. Beside not really a fan of his tail (more so how it attached and all), I think this is overall a pretty cool figure of Rin. I especially like the blue flames, which is why I got this version. Dust cleaning his hair is kind of a pain through heh. Maybe a small brush or air blaster will do. I looooove Blue Exorcist, and getting this figure and seeing the movie at AX 2013, made it pretty awesome in that regards.

omlet

I really wish I'd learnt how to do carpentry properly from my Grandad when I was younger before he passed away. I used to play with wood and stuff with him but I never asked him to teach me the important things. I'm kinda useless at building, then again maybe it's in my blood and I can pick it up quickly, he was a great carpenter!

EDIT: I'm a page behind.

My parents have several pieces of furniture made by their parents/grandparents/uncles/aunts/etc. that is still in use 50 years later or more. I dunno if I will get around to making nicer stuff like that, but I gotta start somewhere. I've always kind of thought like I liked woodworking, just haven't really had much reason/space/chance to do much with it. My dad is working on setting up his garage for metalworking (drill press, welding, grinding, etc.) and says he wants to get away from carpentry but he's done enough woodworking to help me get started on simple stuff like this.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The gift I bought for someone from AmiAmi was shipped via EMS and wasn't picked up. The tracking now says "Returning to Sender". I'm guessing there's really nothing I can do at this point? He wasn't able to make it to the post office during the holidays. It's going to suck to be out the shipping costs + whatever additional costs to have it reshipped.

Wanderer5

Now that I got Blue Exorcist figures in mind lol, man would at least a Rin Nendoroid be so awesome. I would preorder that in a instant.

omlet

I'm all for selective purchasing but there isn't anything I want to prune right now that isn't already out of the display case.

Femto.

I've yet to regret purchases, am I doing good? :D

But I need to set a limit I'm currently filled with pre-orders until July.

My friends are starting to ask me why I stopped buying games. Today one friend offered me a couple of cheap games and I said "no" to all of them, he then got confused, because the old me would've bought them all. I then said that all my money would be going to my figures. He laughed and said "Ohh, I understand now".

Off topic:
I just got f***** really hard, my main HD is dying and my notebook died.

Thought I'd share my current collection. http://imgur.com/a/xQBoe What d'you guys think?

I know it's a bit cramped, but I've tried to make the best of my small amount of space. I may be able to squeeze in one or two more shelves though!

Anyways I'm off to bed in a minute as I have work in the morning. G'night fellow addicts!

Here's to another year of pruning the collection and selective purchases.

qVbUArb.gif

U funny

Vlaphor

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111566978031

Another two of the 1/2.5 scale Cattleya's have been put up at $362 with shipping, and this seller has had several in the past. At that price, I'd think they were fakes, but buyer reviews for these items seem positive. I'm getting a big chunk on money on the 15th...and I don't know what to do.

chrono01

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111566978031

Another two of the 1/2.5 scale Cattleya's have been put up at $362 with shipping, and this seller has had several in the past. At that price, I'd think they were fakes, but buyer reviews for these items seem positive. I'm getting a big chunk on money on the 15th...and I don't know what to do.
Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 76.5%

I wouldn't chance it.

It's entirely possible that those happy with the purchase aren't even aware bootlegs exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom