• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Still, according to

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/99282

No bootleg exists, or is known of.

On other news, my Kotobukia Starfire just came in within the last 10 minutes.
I guess.

Even still, with the negative feedback he/she received, I wouldn't personally take the risk. I mean sure, you could always dispute it with Ebay/Paypal if things went wrong, but it'd still be a bother.

Up to you, though. I guess if you really want the figure, it is a decent price. If you go ahead with it, I wish you the best of luck.

Another two of the 1/2.5 scale Cattleya's have been put up at $362 with shipping, and this seller has had several in the past. At that price, I'd think they were fakes, but buyer reviews for these items seem positive. I'm getting a big chunk on money on the 15th...and I don't know what to do.

WAT? Why would.....

WAT?

Masmajora

Hello Figure GAF.

I have some figures that I want to sell off and wanted some advice on reselling. I've never resold, so any info would be great.

Has anyone sold figures on the MFC ad section? or should I stick to ebay?

Yeeeeeaaaah KOS-MOS, go unbox it go go.
sorry for the delay...friend showed up
0Xkxskh.jpg

so...a mod changed my avatar...im not sure what to do about that. didnt get a PM. Seems pretty dumb, I've had it for months without issue and it's tame comepared to some

Hello Figure GAF.

I have some figures that I want to sell off and wanted some advice on reselling. I've never resold, so any info would be great.

There's a Buy / Sell / Trade thread on GAF, so I would try that, too. But MFC and ebay seem to be the main options. I really wish there was a trade-in option at places like AmiAmi and whatnot, even for store credit. But I guess they don't want to deal with that having so many international customers.

omlet

Hello Figure GAF.

Yeah, I have sold a figure on MFC before and probably will again in the future. I've had one I've been trying to get rid of that no one has inquired about so I may list it on eBay for a wider audience but it won't fetch much of a price so I'm not in a hurry. No one here wanted it, either.

At this point I'm almost ready to give her away and just ask for shipping reimbursement just to recover space.

Edit: 10 AM in Japan. How long before the big update, I wonder.

Giolon

so...a mod changed my avatar...im not sure what to do about that. didnt get a PM. Seems pretty dumb, I've had it for months without issue and it's tame comepared to some

What was your avatar?

Hello Figure GAF.

I've bought and sold figures through MFC. I've had no problem with it, but there can obviously be scammers on either side. There is a feedback system there now and also a thread where they post info about known scammers and things to watch out for. So far, it's been a positive experience.

In addition to MFC and eBay, I've also sold figures through the http://figure.fm Classifieds section, but it's really the wild west over there. I usually ask for Payment to be made via Paypal and ship via trackable methods to get what little protection they provide. FWIW, I've not had a bad experience over there but I haven't used them in some time.

taoofjord

Just got my Nendo Luigi in. He looks awesome but I'm not thrilled with the stand. The piece that goes on the end of the stand that goes into Luigi's back is really loose at the base ( the connection WITH his back is fine) making the slightest nudge spin the poor guy upside down.

To make the connection tighter would nail polish a good choice?

Looking at stuff *hopefully* coming out this year that I want:

Only Yukari and Fumina are 100% for sure purchases. The other two are maybes depending on paint/price.

Double-check the scales on the Gundam figures. MegaHouse seems to have switched to 1/10 for the Gundam Build ladies. :(

Masmajora

If you do, how much would you ask for her?

Never mind, trying to come up with a price made me realize i don't want to let that shinobu go :p. I want to get the other monogatari characters someday.

I'm thinking of beating the average price for all the figures, to make it worthwhile buying from me. I would let them go for a reasonable offer.

Never mind, trying to come up with a price made me realize i don't want to let that shinobu go :p. I want to get the other monogatari characters someday.

I'm thinking of beating the average price for all the figures, to make it worthwhile buying from me. I would let them go for a reasonable offer.

No problem, it wasn't for me, I have a friend that is looking for that one for quite some time.

I wouldn't be able to let my figures go, probably.

TUSR

Banned
Looking at stuff *hopefully* coming out this year that I want:

Only Yukari and Fumina are 100% for sure purchases. The other two are maybes depending on paint/price.

dude how many figures have you purchased lately?

is this my fate?

yami4ct

Look who's back in action!

Guy at the electronic repair shop resoldered the light super quick and only charged me $5. Worked out well in the end. Still need to get in the replacement parts from HLJ to fix the shoulder joint, but those are coming at some point.

Can't describe how cool this kit looks in person. Really impressive. Build alternates between pure fun and absolute hell, but love the finished product.

I had lurked this thread for more than a year before finally giving into ordering some last month. All that pent up want exploded.

I find it helps to wait 24 hours before ordering something so that you can think about whether you really need it, but of course that's not always a viable option. Some of this is very time-sensitive.

raven777

Look who's back in action!

Guy at the electronic repair shop resoldered the light super quick and only charged me $5. Worked out well in the end. Still need to get in the replacement parts from HLJ to fix the shoulder joint, but those are coming at some point.

Can't describe how cool this kit looks in person. Really impressive. Build alternates between pure fun and absolute hell, but love the finished product.

I was shocked at how big that is when I saw it at a shop. I knew it was going to be big since it's PG, but it was a lot bigger than I expected..

Acid08

Banned
I find it helps to wait 24 hours before ordering something so that you can think about whether you really need it, but of course that's not always a viable option. Some of this is very time-sensitive.

Haven't had a huge problem impulse ordering really. This all kind of came about because at the end of the year I got my Christmas bonus from work then Amazon cards on Christmas day. This month is hella expensive but after that I have nothing ordered until May. Mandarake is ridiculously scary though for impulse buys though. Haven't bit on anything there yet.

yami4ct

I was shocked at how big that is when I saw it at a shop. I knew it was going to be big since it's PG, but it was a lot bigger than I expected..

Unicorn is like Nu to me in that all the suits you see around it in the series are also huge. You don't really realize how big he is until you get him in model form and see him next to other suits.

Haven't had a huge problem impulse ordering really. This all kind of came about because at the end of the year I got my Christmas bonus from work then Amazon cards on Christmas day. This month is hella expensive but after that I have nothing ordered until May. Mandarake is ridiculously scary though for impulse buys though. Haven't bit on anything there yet.

I don't have a hard time with Manda because ordering is a bit more complicated and that can be a deterrent. AmiAmi pre-owned is straight-up deadly, tho.

GAF, what can you tell me about the makers of these figures and your thoughts of this Zelda one:

Link

Thanks.

First 4 Figures? Well that Zelda certainly looks better than their other efforts:
10944306-1397481632-694390.jpg
mp2_ending2.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Granted the Samus was on the cheaper side and it seems they have improved their sculpting skills with how that Zelda looks. F4F tend to make things out of polystone so that's gonna be heavy, so basically if you like what you see and the price doesn't put you off then get it. IMHO it doesn't look as bad as some of their other statues:
Much better:
902200-product-silo.png
Also came across this on SST's website and wonder if Freezasaurus had this:
Too late now even if he wanted it though =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom