• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, where would I be able to buy the Hot Toys Darth Vader, since HT will stop selling on AmiAmi and HLJ? Does anyone know any trustworthy place to buy it from? I need that Vader, badly.

Yaari

I'm also going to watch! Been trying to register for the actual game for 2 weeks now, such a nuisance.Hope I won't have to wait for the Vita game.

Ultimadrago

Going to watch the anime soon....pray for me.

imageodux0.png

Just watched Kancolle. The two girls with antennas (though they looked like insects) were beautiful, and the background art was superb. The other girls are pretty meh, except for Yuudachi IMO. Also, there is one girl who fires airplanes? Really?

Best girl is the one with the antenna and brown hair, she never spoke a word but managed to entice me.

Well, what else would aircraft carriers do?

She could summon them, but magic arrows...eh.

Also, I liked the Abyssals more than most of the "good girls", to be honest. They were there, on their base, minding their own business, and then the ship girls come and fuck everything up.

And yes, I know that they drove people out of the seas, but maybe that's because it is their home? Like bears who attack people who make houses in the woods?

Einbroch

Banned
Echoing Freeza here, but that episode was meh-sville. Battle stuff was cool, but I was falling asleep during the school girl bits.

Also, it just cements that all the villains are a million times cooler than the good girls. I need that Wo-Class Nendo.

Yaari

I thought it was alright. Could've done without the arrows turning into carriers as well, but oh well, lol..

That said I want to watch so much different anime that I'll probably get back to it later, must have only finished like 15-20 series at most, and there's so many highly ranked stuff that I still want to watch, plenty to do there.

I thought it was alright. Could've done without the arrows turning into carriers as well, but oh well, lol..

That said I want to watch so much different anime that I'll probably get back to it later, must have only finished like 15-20 series at most, and there's so many highly ranked stuff that I still want to watch, plenty to do there.

Watch Kanon 2006!

Don't forget this beauty.

She's going to cost soooo much.

I can't decide whether I like the Max Factory or GSC version better, tho. The GSC version is nice and clean, and even comes even comes with some fighters. I take it that the MF version is battle-damaged. On the other hand, I'd probably lean toward the MF version to match their upcoming Re-class, who is super cute.

chrono01

She's going to cost soooo much.

I can't decide whether I like the Max Factory or GSC version better, tho. The GSC version is nice and clean, and even comes even comes with some fighters. I take it that the MF version is battle-damaged. On the other hand, I'd probably lean toward the MF version to match their upcoming Re-class, who is super cute.
I was [and still am] debating between the two, as well.

GSC's version looks great. As you said, it's a lot cleaner and more closely resembles the official artwork. However, you can't deny the uniqueness/appeal of MF's version. It would definitely make for a great display piece. On the other hand, she'll likely be 10k+ yen more in cost...

I'll gladly pay the price.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
In the KanColle manga I've read, Mutsu doesn't feature in it much. I can't really tell what her personality/archetype is like. Nagato is much more prominent. That said, I did like how cute she seemed in the anime - even if she didn't get many lines.

There are so many shipgirls it's impossible for the anime to give them enough exposure. I suggest checking out some of the manga.

chrono01

In the KanColle manga I've read, Mutsu doesn't feature in it much. I can't really tell what her personality/archetype is like. Nagato is much more prominent. That said, I did like how cute she seemed in the anime - even if she didn't get many lines.

There are so many shipgirls it's impossible for the anime to give them enough exposure. I suggest checking out some of the manga.
I wish they would localize the game. :/

I would have tried signing up for the Japanese version, but needing to play via proxies and such, I figured it wouldn't be worth the risk/headache. Not to mentioned, I've heard rumors of them outright banning your account if they find out you're not actually situated in Japan.

How is Musashi's personality? Her figure makes her look like a shipgirl with few friends.

Nagato looks like bossy.

Ultimadrago

A friend has just told me of Hibiki and Inazuma's presence in the KanColle episode. Might make up for a lack of more Shimakaze. I've also just discovered Ikazuchi.

My heart's sugar levels rise.

chrono01

How is Musashi's personality? Her figure makes her look like a shipgirl with few friends.

Nagato looks like bossy.
She seems very focused and/or serious. You can definitely get the impression that she'd make a great Student Council President [if KanColle had such things].

http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Musashi

Some quotes:

"2nd of the Yamato-class battleships, Musashi. Laid down in Nagasaki. My best regards to you.
As with my sister ships Yamato and Shinano, I was constructed under strict secrecy. Ah, I really want to be able to shoot these main cannons... I ask of you, may I? Excellent!"

"Hmf, you called me over? You want me to entertain you?"

"Admiral, if you're busy, you should close the browser - that's the Admiral way.
What? You were thinking of the next strategy? Oh, my apologies then."

"Just where are you looking? I'm right here, no?"

"Well, let's get off to the bath/Ohh... A bath's good..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom