• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hmf, you called me over? You want me to entertain you?"

"Just where are you looking? I'm right here, no?"

erdmuffel-MaleSlaveKneeling.jpg

Yes, mistress.

I tried to find the most SFW picture that I could.

EDIT: Holy shit, top of the page, oh no.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
How is Musashi's personality? Her figure makes her look like a shipgirl with few friends.

Nagato looks like bossy.

Musashi is a Yamato-class ship. You'll see her paired often with Yamato. Yamato is portrayed as a "Yamato Nadeshiko" or ideal Japanese woman, and I think Musashi is supposed to be the opposite of that - less refined and such. But she does love her sister.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Latest addition to my HT colection - The Red Skull! This guy is awesome!
Nice stuff.

Guys, where would I be able to buy the Hot Toys Darth Vader, since HT will stop selling on AmiAmi and HLJ? Does anyone know any trustworthy place to buy it from? I need that Vader, badly.

Depends on where you live, either find a local dealer, pay a ton on the day of release on ebay, or order Hot Toys from Sideshow.

--------

I just got an awesomely bad email...

Queen of the Dead PF should be with me soon, but it won't be, because the dock workers are being dock workers, and instead of the seven day notice you would typically get from Sideshow I got a 5-7 week notice with a warning it could take longer.

Awesomely bad...

Musashi is a Yamato-class ship. You'll see her paired often with Yamato. Yamato is portrayed as a "Yamato Nadeshiko" or ideal Japanese woman, and I think Musashi is supposed to be the opposite of that - less refined and such. But she does love her sister.

Thanks for the info, I'll try to find the manga as soon as possible.

Depends on where you live, either find a local dealer, pay a ton on the day of release on ebay, or order Hot Toys from Sideshow.

Eh...Locally is not going to happen, a ton on ebay will not be possible too. Does Sideshow send overseas?

EDIT: Dear lord, the prices at Sideshow..

Can't remember if these were posted but apparently these will be made into figures (Illustrations Nishii, known for The Seven Deadly Sins and Hyakka Ryouran series i.e. CC: Chrono), these one by Kotobukiya

They're just making up random bullshit, now. Interested to see Alter sculpt a motorcycle, though.

chrono01

Can't remember if these were posted but apparently these will be made into figures (Illustrations Nishii, known for The Seven Deadly Sins and Hyakka Ryouran series i.e. CC: Chrono), these one by Kotobukiya
Nice! That Misaki Kurehito figure has been painted! I can't wait to see more of her.

As for these new figures you've posted, Samurai_Heart...you know me too well. Theya re already purchased [in my mind]. Nothing will prevent me from owning them.

Nothing.

Just wondering if anyone as bought a pre-owned figures that is rated B on AmiAmi? Are they usually in pretty good condition or should I stay with A only?

Einbroch

Banned
Just wondering if anyone as bought a pre-owned figures that is rated B on AmiAmi? Are they usually in pretty good condition or should I stay with A only?

I pretty much only buy B's. B just means opened, but are usually in pristine condition. I've ordered probably 20 B items and all were perfect.

omlet

Set up Ricotta and I love all her little artillery cannons lol. She weighs a whole lot because she doesn't use a hole/peg stand but actually has a magnet in her hair. It's very strong, like strong enough that if you pick her up by her head, it won't even slide around enough for the cannons to slip off the base.

My nendo shelf is officially packed. I'll be splitting them into two shelves at some point (and buying some acrylic raisers) but I'm waiting to finish building my new raiser shelves for the DETOLF array before I do a lot of reorganizing because I'd have to just take everything out and do it over again in a few weeks.

U5MohqL.jpg

Kuroyukihime not too pleased with being obscured by Gate of Babylon

Quite often. They're basically good as new. What are you getting :D

Yui

I would have tried signing up for the Japanese version, but needing to play via proxies and such, I figured it wouldn't be worth the risk/headache. Not to mentioned, I've heard rumors of them outright banning your account if they find out you're not actually situated in Japan.

You really only need a proxy for the sign up process and after that like once every month to refresh your API link. Since you can play the game off of the API link without even accessing the DMM site.
Also, most outside of Japan bans I've heard of, were caused by an older tool some people used to play the game (it was rewriting informations or something and they basically got banned for hacking or whatever).
I've never had any problems and I haven't heard about a big ban wave for the last like 4-5 months.

kewlmyc

I'm not going to lie, I just don't get the appeal of Shipgirls at all? Is it just because they're cute, or is there like a Pokemon-esque "Gotta catch them all" thing?

At least seeing the wallet destruction in the upcoming year should be entertaining.

Luigi87

I'm not going to lie, I just don't get the appeal of Shipgirls at all? Is it just because they're cute, or is there like a Pokemon-esque "Gotta catch them all" thing?

At least seeing the wallet destruction in the upcoming year should be entertaining.

I'm not into them either. I have the Wo-class nendo, but that's only because I really liked that particular nendo. I have no interest in getting figures of any other shipgirl.

CDiggity

It's probably one of those things you don't understand unless you play the game.

That said, Musashi is the only one I like and will probably buy things that aren't nosebleed expensive of her that are decent.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I wish they would localize the game. :/

I would have tried signing up for the Japanese version, but needing to play via proxies and such, I figured it wouldn't be worth the risk/headache. Not to mentioned, I've heard rumors of them outright banning your account if they find out you're not actually situated in Japan.

Like someone already mention, you only need proxy to sign up. Once you got in, and won a position (there are limited number of new account each day). You got an api link and you can play the game without proxy using the browser add-on, it also translate part of the game.

The developer already stated in twitter they won't ban proxy account unless you cheat.

omlet

Looks like amiami just put a few dozen preowned things up but still no big update. Maybe the big update is just a myth.

So regarding AmiAmi's used item listing:

If an used item comes up on a night's update but already states sold out, is it already gone?

Do new items in the used listing just get placed randomly on their list?

chrono01

You really only need a proxy for the sign up process and after that like once every month to refresh your API link. Since you can play the game off of the API link without even accessing the DMM site.
Also, most outside of Japan bans I've heard of, were caused by an older tool some people used to play the game (it was rewriting informations or something and they basically got banned for hacking or whatever).
I've never had any problems and I haven't heard about a big ban wave for the last like 4-5 months.

Like someone already mention, you only need proxy to sign up. Once you got in, and won a position (there are limited number of new account each day). You got an api link and you can play the game without proxy using the browser add-on, it also translate part of the game.

The developer already stated in twitter they won't ban proxy account unless you cheat.
Good to know, thanks you two!

Maybe I'll try entering the lottery again...

Acid08

Banned
So I was out all day and missed my opportunity to sign for my package. The note says I can pick it up tomorrow after 11am. In your experience, do they strictly stick to that? I would like to pick it up before work tomorrow which means I'd probably have to be at the post office at 10am to make it to work by 10:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom