• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

I hate how much room all my figures take (Or more so, the lack of room to place more of them there) Even if I wanted to buy some ship girls, I don't even have room for them because they are gigantic. I think I'm going to get rid of all my other shelves.

B6zuN-HCEAAD7SJ.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/arinacchi/status/553078785730281474
===================================================
FREEing’s IDOLM@STER: Yukata Ver. Figures!
o0515084013180039069.jpg

The natural idol Miki Hoshii in a beautiful yukata!

From the popular anime series ‘THE IDOLM@STER’ comes a figure of Miki Hoshii wearing a yukata! The super idol that always takes things at her own pace has been sculpted in an energetic pose that shows off her playful personality for fans to enjoy.

Both Takane Shijou and Chihaya Kisaragi are also scheduled to be joining the ‘Y-STYLE’ series of yukata figures soon, so look forward to them too!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
o0515081713180039391.jpg

The idol with a refined, noble air about her – Takane Shijou wearing her yukata!

From the popular anime ‘THE IDOLM@STER’ comes a figure of Takane Shijou wearing a yukata! She has been sculpted in a captivating pose that shows off her mature side, proving that even idols who are new to the scene can be just as charming as the best!

Miki Hoshii: Yukata Ver. has already been announced, and Chihaya Kisaragi: Yukata Ver. will be announced shortly, so be sure to collect all your favorite idols in the ‘Y-STYLE’ yukata series!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
o0515093313180038751.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
o0515044413180038753.jpg

=====================================================
64ab947e-s.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/42010126.html
=====================================================
FAG_gourai_web.jpg

fagirl_gourai_u03.jpg
fagirl_gourai_u07.jpg

fagirl_gourai_u09.jpg
fagirl_gourai_u11_051.jpg

fagirl_gourai_u11_021.jpg
fagirl_gourai_u11_041.jpg

fagirl_gourai_u11.jpg

http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000001560/
EVA13_GijiShinka3_u01.jpg

http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000001567/
1-s.jpg

http://blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2015/01/gsc-feat.html
B60UdYECcAAW6to.jpg

https://twitter.com/t_santa/status/553120837075607554
TOY-GDM-2761_01.jpg

TOY-GDM-2760_01.jpg

TOY-GDM-2760_02.jpg

TOY-GDM-2757_03.jpg

TOY-GDM-2757_04.jpg

TOY-GDM-2759_01.jpg

TOY-GDM-2759_03.jpg

TOY-GDM-2758_01.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-9602.html
GSC's Mamitan's Nendoroid collection:
I wanted to share something I am quite proud of! I’ve been a collector of Nendoroids for quite some time and I wanted to share how I display part of my personal collection. You can follow me on Twitter @gsc_mamitan!
IMG_510612.jpg

I came up with the idea to use small plastic jewelry boxes from Daiso to stack and display my Nendoroids. I’ve wanted something like a tiered system to display them for quite some time and these mini boxes are just the right size! They are stackable and I decided to stack them upside down to give the support needed. It worked out perfectly and now my display case is FILLED with Nendoroids! 99 of them to be exact! I would have fit more but some of these guys have some great accessories I wanted to show off! I do still have plenty more Nendoroids all around my apartment, those Nendoroid More Clip and Suction stands so sure help to display them everywhere!!

I also love combining various Nendoroid heads and bodies, especially when you get a Nendoroid with an extra head and another comes with an extra body! So for example you’ll see Append Black Rock Shooter on display in this top section! Or how about Yukata Homura!
IMG_510912.jpg

I do also try and keep Nendoroids from the same series together, so I have Haruhi and her gang together and I have the K-on girls all together as well as various Vocaloids chilling! But did you see my favorite Nendoroid combination? I’ve taken Haruhi’s extra head and put it on Ohana’s body! Perfect to tease my roommate who LOVES Haruhi! Seeing her all tied up makes him so mad each time! It gives me the giggles!
IMG_511012.jpg

The 3rd shelf have some great ones I love, all my Black Rock Shooter gang together and an adorably Moe Tony Stark! You can see that it’s all Mickey’s fault for taking up so much space by having his amazing accessories with him! I couldn’t dare box up his directors chair or his camera! He’s way too cute!
IMG_511412.jpg

Last but not least is the bottom shelf! So many cuties I’m in love! Many of these I was lucky enough to pick up in Japan during my last trip! Finding old and rare GSC figures has been my passion for many years an working with GSC only drives my passion further! This week I’m going to take my time to show off some of the fantastic figures that GSC has made over the years! So please do look forward to it!

Fate/Stay Night is one of those shows that I'm never watching. The mountain of Saber figures alone tells me it's a money trap.

I'd never survive.

Yaari

That Nendoroid detolf really makes me want to start a Nendo collection, it looks awesome. How difficult are older Nendo's generally to obtain?

Einbroch

Banned
That Nendoroid detolf really makes me want to start a Nendo collection, it looks awesome. How difficult are older Nendo's generally to obtain?

Incredibly easy and they're very cheap. Some of the super rare older ones are hard to come by, but you can easily find 100+ for less than 2.5k and they're listed all the time on Mandarake.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I hate how much room all my figures take (Or more so, the lack of room to place more of them there) Even if I wanted to buy some ship girls, I don't even have room for them because they are gigantic. I think I'm going to get rid of all my other shelves.

What have you got on your other shelves? Books? You can get rid of those for starters unless you're a worm. Photos of family? You've got a new family of figurines now, no need for those old has beens.

Yaari

What have you got on your other shelves? Books? You can get rid of those for starters unless you're a worm. Photos of family? You've got a new family of figurines now, no need for those old has beens.

Hahaha! They are Blu-rays I never watch, and PS2 games for a PS2 I don't even own anymore. Yeah it's about time I get rid of that stuff.

Incredibly easy and they're very cheap. Some of the super rare older ones are hard to come by, but you can easily find 100+ for less than 2.5k and they're listed all the time on Mandarake.

That sounds very interesting. I have no idea where to put the boxes but that's better than not having room for figures. There are some really cool Nendoroids I would have wanted, so its great that I can still get them if I want to.

Einbroch

Banned
That sounds very interesting. I have no idea where to put the boxes but that's better than not having room for figures. There are some really cool Nendoroids I would have wanted, so its great that I can still get them if I want to.

Some of the older but popular ones are a little hard to come by (still waiting for a Black Rock Shooter Nendo ver 2), but yeah, you can really stock up if you want.

Newer (higher quality) Nendos hold their value quite well and there are rarely any bins, which is good and bad. But some are nuts. Yoshino goes for 9k, some petites go for 3k, and so on. But totes wurf.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I quite like the look of the yukata iM@S figures but I'd want to have one of Haruka to go along side Takane and Chihaya if I were to get them. It would just feel odd to just have those two without the connection to the rest of my iM@S figs (which I'm sure you can guess are of Haruka).

StayDead

Put my order down for Takane. I'm not getting Miki (although not because I don't like her, I love her too, but my top 5 get priority for figure money). Chihaya will be day 1'd too.

omlet

The KLK ones, Yukiko from Persona 4, Sonic and Isabelle from Animal Crossing.

I want Link as well but a local comic store has those in stock so I'll get him from there.

EDIT: Hatsune Miku as well. #300 I think.

I saw Ryuko for 3500 yen on Mandarake this week (actually linked it in this thread a couple pages back but I dunno if it sold out yet). Yukiko for 2000 or 2500 yen last week. Don't go paying too much more than that kind of price plus maybe $10ish for shipping/convenience factored in.

Use http://www.figinstock.com/pre-owned-notifications to set up some alerts for what you're looking for (note that you should use kana for mandarake notifications, so ねんどろいど and then the name of the character (copy+paste it from MFC if you don't know how to write it).

omlet

so...spend 300 on a Nikon S9700 or spend 500 on a Nikon D3300...

Are you upgrading from, like, a camera phone? I'd say get the cheaper one and then if after using it a while you push it to its limits and find yourself unsatisfied, sell it to apply towards something more expensive.

Are you upgrading from, like, a camera phone? I'd say get the cheaper one and then if after using it a while you push it to its limits and find yourself unsatisfied, sell it to apply towards something more expensive.
yes froma camera phone. Im not a big fan of selling to upgrade, Im too lazy to sell anything really. I repurpose and build new computers out of everything I upgrade there >.>

Im going to Japan at the end of the year, and I want something nice for that. I don't really mind spending the money now though.

I found this bundle of stuff on Ebay, and I kind've just want to buy it. Whats figureGAF and being smart with money anyway
http://ebay.to/1DBwxPw

RMI

Banned
Use http://www.figinstock.com/pre-owned-notifications to set up some alerts for what you're looking for (note that you should use kana for mandarake notifications, so ねんどろいど and then the name of the character (copy+paste it from MFC if you don't know how to write it).

This 100%. Patience is a virtue in this hobby, so setup your notification and wait for that email. Buying figs on Ebay can be really dicey.

omlet

Whats figureGAF and being smart with money anyway

Well, I think you have to be at least a little smart with money to survive in this hobby. Yeah, it's fun to joke about dead wallets and stuff, but in all seriousness I think most of us here can afford this hobby partly thanks to being at least somewhat smart with money and aren't just blindly spending beyond our means. I made some choices over the past decade or so on what to not spend money on and my main payoff for that is being completely debt free now which lets me have some more disposable income for fun stuff like small plastic people.

Anyway, as for those specific cameras, it sounds like you already talked yourself into the $500 one but since I have no experience with either camera I can't be more specific than what I already said. Maybe someone else here has used one of them and can chime in.

This 100%. Patience is a virtue in this hobby, so setup your notification and wait for that email. Buying figs on Ebay can be really dicey.

Since I discovered amiami several years ago and stopped shopping at state-side shops almost completely (sometimes they still have good deals, rarely), about the only time I've knowingly paid "too much" for a figure was for a few nendos on Amazon, but there was a reason for that...specifically, to get free shipping on some orders of some heavy stuff that would have had like $20+ shipping otherwise so with my fuzzymath (also considering the price of Prime, which I do not use) it still made sense to overpay a little bit on the nendos.

I don't make a habit of this and even though I have not had any bootleg experiences with marketplace sellers, Amazon marketplace is another place to be wary of (possibly even more ware of than ebay) when shopping for figures.

For any of you guys newer to the hobby looking for Japanese stuff, always check prices on amiami and mandarake and check for bootlegs on MFC before buying from, well, anywhere else, but especially ebay/amazon.

Another note on price checking while I'm thinking about it: Sometimes amiami will completely delist items they don't have in stock (while sometimes the items remain in the catalog and show "sold out") which can make it actually impossible to price check. Mandarakae keeps their "sold out" item listings online for a while so you can search there and change your search filter to include sold out listings. This will let you see what the item has been going for. Mandarake's prices are usually in line with amiami (frequently less than amiami, by a little bit, actually).

Well, I think you have to be at least a little smart with money to survive in this hobby. Yeah, it's fun to joke about dead wallets and stuff, but in all seriousness I think most of us here can afford this hobby partly thanks to being at least somewhat smart with money and aren't just blindly spending beyond our means. I made some choices over the past decade or so on what to not spend money on and my main payoff for that is being completely debt free now which lets me have some more disposable income for fun stuff like small plastic people.
Well the price isn't a big deal to me. I'm just wondering if its truly worth the extra $200. I know I won't use a camera much, but for when I will I just want to be taking good shots. I also plan on lending it to my brother who travels a lot.

I seriously want some good snaps while I'm in Japan too. For $300 the coolpix does have some really good reviews, I'm just trying to figure out whether I should step up to a DSLR or not. I'm thinking I might as well since the money isn't an issue.

Arkadios

It was funny seeing the meltdown here over Mutsu. She's actually one few designs that I like from the heroines side. Although her eyes always seemed way too far apart each other on the official concept.

cajunator

Banned
So I was out all day and missed my opportunity to sign for my package. The note says I can pick it up tomorrow after 11am. In your experience, do they strictly stick to that? I would like to pick it up before work tomorrow which means I'd probably have to be at the post office at 10am to make it to work by 10:30.

My post office allows me to pick it up as soon as they open the next day (provided there was no delays returning to the post office) This could be a different situation though. If it says that time its probably the earliest.

Ultimadrago

Use it to commission the Nowi scale the world is missing. I believe in you, omlet!

omlet

Use it to commission the Nowi scale the world is missing. I believe in you, omlet!

That there is no Nowi scale truly is a crime against humanity. There aren't even any prize figures or GKs that I know of. It's terrible. A 10k range fairly elaborate Nowi scale would be one of my dream figures.

My only hope at this point might be that the Cordelia does well enough to convince MF (or anyone) to make more FE figures. :( And that's a pretty dim hope, if I'm being realistic.

Elixir

ones that can be shipped internationally will say:
amazonfigure014dsig.jpg

ones that cannot be shipped internationally will say:
amazonfigure028qsig.jpg

You don't even need to do this. Just know that GSC and GSC's subsidiaries (Phat, Gift, FREEing, Max Factory, Wing etc) ship internationally via Amazon. Alter, OS, Koto, Arcadia, Vertex (etc) won't.

I saw Ryuko for 3500 yen on Mandarake this week (actually linked it in this thread a couple pages back but I dunno if it sold out yet). Yukiko for 2000 or 2500 yen last week. Don't go paying too much more than that kind of price plus maybe $10ish for shipping/convenience factored in.

I get an access denied message when I click the link

Bombless

It was funny seeing the meltdown here over Mutsu. She's actually one few designs that I like from the heroines side. Although her eyes always seemed way too far apart each other on the official concept.

I ordered her off the GSC store for the exclusive cannon smoke heart. Just couldn't pass that up.

In other news, my December Amiami haul is still in customs. 6 days and counting *grumbles*.

omlet

I get an access denied message when I click the link

Oh, sorry, just use the base URL http://www.figinstock.com to set up an account first.

The page I originally linked requires you to be logged in to see (didn't think of that when I linked it). From there you can set up notifications for figures you want using keyword searching against several online shops' listings. It's a very handy tool!

arue

I have a question about AmiAmi shipping.

How is the shipping rate calculated? Is it based on per order or per item? I've never ordered more than two figures in an order, so I'm just wondering if I should wait for another figure or just buy my Levi nendo now.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

How is the shipping rate calculated? Is it based on per order or per item? I've never ordered more than two figures in an order, so I'm just wondering if I should wait for another figure or just buy my Levi nendo now.

It's based on the size and weight of a particular order. Also, once your order is a certain size, you'll be forced to go EMS.

Einbroch

Banned

Size first. If it's too large, you can't use SAL.

After determining whether or not it's too large, then it's all about weight, so it's per item. There is a small fee simply to ship something (so you'd be better combining orders unless you want SAL exclusively), but a great majority of the cost is weight.

arue

It's based on the size and weight of a particular order. Also, once your order is a certain size, you'll be forced to go EMS.

Size first. If it's too large, you can't use SAL.

After determining whether or not it's too large, then it's all about weight, so it's per item. There is a small fee simply to ship something (so you'd be better combining orders unless you want SAL exclusively), but a great majority of the cost is weight.

I see, I think just I'll wait for another figure then. Thanks for the replies!

Einbroch

Banned
Is there a secret guide on how to navigate Amiami better?

Better filter for results etc.

Search bar, or if you're looking for a certain character you can click on the name under the item description on the right once you open the page to a figure of the character you want. Series, same thing.

They have a pretty easy to navigate site but it's pretty lackluster is some regards.

Search bar, or if you're looking for a certain character you can click on the name under the item description on the right once you open the page to a figure of the character you want. Series, same thing.

They have a pretty easy to navigate site but it's pretty lackluster is some regards.

Their preowned listing is a mess though.

New stuff seems to get randomly tossed into the listings so it feels like you have to go through everything to see if anything new gets added.

Einbroch

Banned
Their preowned listing is a mess though.

New stuff seems to get randomly tossed into the listings so it feels like you have to go through everything to see if anything new gets added.

Well, I just use the pulldown tab and hit Product Line: Nendoroid and it's ezpz. :p

So my goal in figure collection is to have something representing my favorite properties. Unfortunately its difficult when favorite properties dont have figures (looking at you the last of us)...lets look at my progress though

Games:
Final Fantasy VII - have quite a few play arts from the game and advent children. New expensive play arts are crap though som I'm basically done here
Xenosaga Episode 1: got my KOS-MOS!
Valkyria Chronicles: Selvaria is amazing. Wouldn't mind Alicia to go with
too bad we never got a valkyria alicia
Persona 4: Have Megahouse Yukiko and Prize Naoto. Would probably be willing to get more of these, but I want a nicer Naoto first.
The Last of Us: some one make me a figure! One that won't cost me 800+
Blazblue: Have my Noel. I don't really care to get any more since Noel is mah Girl.

Anime
Steins;Gate: Have Kurisu, love it, happy there
Code Geass: Nothing...and I haven't seen a CC I really like
Elfen Lied: Need angry Lucy, don't expect to ever get angry lucy
Spice and Wolf: I haven't really looked into anything for this yet
Black Lagoon: Alter Revy is absurdly expensive...Might pay it eventually

raven777

You don't even need to do this. Just know that GSC and GSC's subsidiaries (Phat, Gift, FREEing, Max Factory, Wing etc) ship internationally via Amazon. Alter, OS, Koto, Arcadia, Vertex (etc) won't.

No, because many of GSC subsidiaries don't ship interntionally.

Freeing 01

Freeing 02

They are both pre-orders by Freeing that is sold directly by amazon.jp but 01 ships internationally and 02 don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom