• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
I need to focus on things that I really, really like. With the looming threat of shipgirls, I can't afford to buy figures just because they are cute.

naruko_aoba_59081.jpg

omlet

one week after ordering my first figure

im already looking at new shelves.

As someone who has recently been in the unhappy place of more figures than shelf space, you are doing the right thing by heading this off early.

I can't afford to buy figures just because they are cute.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

can someone explain to me what exactly ship girls are?

Anthropomorphized Japanese warships from the WWII era.

http://kancolle.wikia.com/

omlet

I meant that I have to like them for more than just beauty, like personality of the character they were based on, etc.

Yeah, just messin'. I know what you mean and probably most posters in this thread, myself included, could make quite a list of figures we'd like just based on looks, but don't want badly enough to buy them without having some connection to or knowledge about the character.

Speaking of running out space for figures, any good recommendation on acrylic steps/ risers for Detolfs? I need to use all the space available in these things

Einbroch

Banned
Picture time!

Got my package. Ordered the Nanoha God Box. Was stated I was only getting figures.

Well, let's open this up. Remember, clearly stated I was only getting the figures. Seems a little big for just three Nendo petites, but...

ayyy wtf.

Petites, some cards, a DVD, a shower curtain, and TWO blow up air cushions. Uh. Okay. That's...interesting. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do with any of this stuff.

But let's get to what I bought it for.

OMG THEY'RE SO CUTE! AH I LOVE THEM OMGGGGG. Ignore the stains on the desk. The person I got this from was a painter, and the desk was free.

Only 1.5k for all of it. Score, babeh.

omlet

lol at that GOD BOX.
Speaking of running out space for figures, any good recommendation on acrylic steps/ risers for Detolfs? I need to use all the space available in these things

I don't have any yet, but these have been recommended in this thread in the past: http://www.collectingwarehouse.com/Product-Home-Page/Long-Risers/Long-Riser-x-x-thick_2.html
(this size specifically for nendoroids, but they have lots of other shapes and sizes you can browse through)

Considering the current state of my nendo shelf, I think I will be getting some of these raisers soon...

I lost on an auction for Momohime for a great price. She's so expensive everywhere and I want this figure.
I'm sad :(
I was able to get her at release so I didn't have to go through the same thing, but she will be worth the wait once you get her, I'm sure. Very pretty figure. If you're not figinstock-ing yet, be sure to do so.

I lost on an auction for Momohime for a great price. She's so expensive everywhere and I want this figure.
I'm sad :(
IIRC someone in this thread (George_us??) wanted to sell their Momohime cause they were disappointed, think I noted it a while back and when another Momohime "hunter" was posting but they never replied back to the other member. You may get lucky and they'll sell it to you maybe reasonably.

Bittercup

Good luck. Momohime was my first scale figure, took a lot of waiting on figinstock notifications before I could snag her.
Ha that's my first avatar quote and a fitting one :D
Thanks :) I'm just frustrated since prices seem to have jumped up again recently and I'm worried she will be soon in a price range as the amazing Bayonetta figure, which I missed as well and now most likely won't ever get.

I was able to get her at release so I didn't have to go through the same thing, but she will be worth the wait once you get her, I'm sure. Very pretty figure. If you're not figinstock-ing yet, be sure to do so.
Thanks :) Yes I set a notification for her on figinstock today. I hadn't realized that you can search for pre-owned figures as well.

IIRC someone in this thread (George_us??) wanted to sell their Momohime cause they were disappointed, think I noted it a while back and when another Momohime "hunter" was posting but they never replied back to the other member. You may get lucky and they'll sell it to you maybe reasonably.
Thanks, that's a nice tip. I'll look into that and keep my eyes open in case someone wants to sell her.

Where is she from?

Off topic: I'm afraid of buying an Aegis Chokogin that I found because I think the price is too low, is 3500 yen for an used one (never opened box) ok or could it be a bootleg?

I actually don't know...she is just awesome to me for some reason. Had nothing but a Nendo that month anyways.

Why did you introduce me that? Now I have to collect them all, and I'm not a robot fan. This is the Lego fan inside of me screaming right now.

Holy shit looking at the other ones they have, they all look awesome lol. My wallet....

Also on another topic. After watching the KanColle anime my Nendos are justified. I was looking at GSC's Wo Class this morning. I like her but I would display her without her murshroom cap

lol at that GOD BOX.

I don't have any yet, but these have been recommended in this thread in the past: http://www.collectingwarehouse.com/Product-Home-Page/Long-Risers/Long-Riser-x-x-thick_2.html
(this size specifically for nendoroids, but they have lots of other shapes and sizes you can browse through)

Considering the current state of my nendo shelf, I think I will be getting some of these raisers soon...

thanks for the link, those look affordable for a change, it's ironic that buying for risers costs more than a Detolf itself in most places.

Holy shit looking at the other ones they have, they all look awesome lol. My wallet....

Also on another topic. After watching the KanColle anime my Nendos are justified. I was looking at GSC's Wo Class this morning. I like her but I would display her without her murshroom cap

They sell packages, I found two (each package about 50k yen before discount, after it is about 33k). One package has 10 robots and the other has 9.

My god what is going to happen to my wallet, 66k yen.

Who am I kidding, I'm just going to buy the Frame Architect for 800 yen ._.

They sell packages, I found two (each package about 50k yen before discount, after it is about 33k). One package has 10 robots and the other has 9.

My god what is going to happen to my wallet, 66k yen.

Who am I kidding, I'm just going to buy the Frame Architect for 800 yen ._.

I am gonna stick with her. I have no where to display all those, they look awesome though.

Your spending habits make the rest of us feel better about ourselves. FigureGAF thanks you.

I have issues blowing 3k on a whim.

66k? Fuuuuuuuck that.

C'mon guys, I'm crazy but not that crazy.
Yet

I'll just get the Frame Architect and use him for my drawing poses. I'm talking about this guy:

I am gonna stick with her. I have no where to display all those, they look awesome though.

I liked her, if she wasn't on May I would've bought, but my May is packed as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom