• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
95RZoSh.gif

lol god damn it. may your future hold many bikini girls Sölf.

My only concern is that I think Wo-Class is gonna go up in price once people start preordering and getting their Re-Classes in their hands. Exclusive, part of a set, unique (LED), etc.

They don't pop up a lot, and they're going to pop up even less as time goes on. Price seems to be trending slightly upwards too. Was 6k, then 7k, then 8k, now they seemed to settle in the 8-9k range. They're selling out within hours at 10k.

Not trying to pressure. If you can't, you can't. But I think she'll become quite rare especially now that she's out of the con circuit and being replaced with Re-Class.

Nippon Yasan has Wo-kyuu Nendo for 10.8k.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It'll probably sell. Manda's most recent addition was 10k and that sold out between the time I went to bed and the time I woke up.

10k Nendos is where I draw the line. I can do without if that's the price of entry.

I like Re-kyuu better anyway, honestly. I don't think you'll do well in this hobby [financially] if you need the whole set of everything.

Einbroch

Banned
10k Nendos is where I draw the line. I can do without if that's the price of entry.

I like Re-kyuu better anyway, honestly. I don't think you'll do well in this hobby [financially] if you need the whole set of everything.

I've never spent more than 7k on a Nendo. I'm not saying she's worth 10k, but she will sell at that price.

I like Re better as well, but Wo is amazing. No regrets at all.

omlet told me about a MFC seller offering her for that price, so I went in. Apparently there were more and I nabbed the last one, allegedly

I'd been eyeing her listings but I didn't have the patience to wait for a juicier figinstock listing.

Between amazon jp, regular amazon, and a few other sites the lowest I could find her right now was for something like 106 post-conversion.

Pre, which is the deal-breaker, really. Granted, it wouldn't be much over $100 after conversion, but still. That's a lot of money for a Nendoroid.

I was curious because, for example, there was a marketplace seller on amazon.jp offering Wo-class for 9800 yen.

But since there's no US shipping for that marketplace listing, I'd have to use tenso or some other similar service and the average shipping for that is something around 1.7k yen on top of what the original listing is.

Compared to that I think I saved money, and long-term I doubt wo-class will get any cheaper for people as impatient as myself, so I'm sort of happy. I just hope not much more shows up before it's time to pre-order Re-class, because I just wrecked myself today.

I'll never tell.

Shit game what? I remember reading those posts the other day, but by the time I did 3 pages had passed. I believe I drew the conclusion from that you two had only played the original on PS3? The other games are maybe C+ tier RPGs at best, but they push a lot of FigureGAF buttons I would think. Cute, funny, and light hearted.

Except the first (non-remake) game. That game had the most obnoxiously tedious combat system I've ever suffered through. The devs had yet to find their stride with the concept so the jokes were extremely forced and akward. It also suffered from poor translation in many parts.

Seriously, they majorly revamped the combat system in the very next game, and as of the most recent title (Re;Birth) it's actually pretty fun and fast paced.

Compared to that I think I saved money, and long-term I doubt wo-class will get any cheaper for people as impatient as myself, so I'm sort of happy. I just hope not much more shows up before it's time to pre-order Re-class, because I just wrecked myself today.

I wonder what the odds are of a Wo-kyuu Nendo reissue. The franchise is clearly popular enough to warrant it. And GSC is all about those reissues.

Anyway, I ordered my Noel Nendo. So cute!

Einbroch

Banned
Shit game what? I remember reading those posts the other day, but by the time I did 3 pages had passed. I believe I drew the conclusion from that you two had only played the original on PS3? The other games are maybe C+ tier RPGs at best, but they push a lot of FigureGAF buttons I would think. Cute, funny, and light hearted.

Except the first (non-remake) game. That game had the most obnoxiously tedious combat system I've ever suffered through. The devs had yet to find their stride with the concept so the jokes were extremely forced and akward. It also suffered from poor translation in many parts.

Seriously, they majorly revamped the combat system in the very next game, and as of the most recent title (Re;Birth) it's actually pretty fun and fast paced.

No, I've played the original, the second game, and the first game reworked on the Vita.

All were incredibly boring. I can't stand jRPGs where the characters just talk and talk and talk. These kinds of games generally also have boring combat systems. Ar no Surge is another one like the Neptunia games. Boring, chatty, and grindy. I can appreciate the art, but the games themselves are snoozefests.

All were incredibly boring. I can't stand jRPGs where the characters just talk and talk and talk. These kinds of games generally also have boring combat systems. Ar no Surge is another one like the Neptunia games. Boring, chatty, and grindy. I can appreciate the art, but the games themselves are snoozefests.

I like well-made jRPGs... Ar no surge was.... A trial. Honestly, I couldn't even finish it. It was too formulaic and it wasn't even fun. And why was there a half-hour conversation about every new item I synthesized? Why was there a half-hour conversation every time I tried to exit a shop? I spent way more time reading (actually, just pressing X), than I did playing.

Einbroch

Banned
I like well-made jRPGs... Ar no surge was.... A trial. Honestly, I couldn't even finish it. It was too formulaic and it wasn't even fun. And why was there a half-hour conversation about every new item I synthesized? Why was there a half-hour conversation every time I tried to exit a shop?

This right here. The synthesis thing was ridiculous. It actively pushed me away from synthesizing. No joke, even jamming the skip button it took 2-3 minutes to clear it every time you crafted a new item.

Einbroch

Banned
I wonder what the odds are of a Wo-kyuu Nendo reissue. The franchise is clearly popular enough to warrant it. And GSC is all about those reissues.

A distinct possibility.

However, if they do a reissue, it's likely to be exclusive again. And I actually want them to do it. I don't care if I spent more than what they sold it for, I want everyone to have one and to enjoy her.

If they get to making a Hoppou Nendoroid, they really should not make that an exclusive.

Also, yes. My current most wanted Nendo alongside Chaika.

No, I've played the original, the second game, and the first game reworked on the Vita.

I can respect that. I love the series, but like I said they're C+ tier games when they're at their best. I understand the battles become tedious rather quick.

There's no denying the main appeal though

Einbroch

Banned
I can respect that. I love the series, but like I said they're C+ tier games when they're at their best. I understand the battles become tedious rather quick.

There's no denying the main appeal though

There's a reason I bought the Nendo! :D She is cute, and whoever does her voice I think did an amazing job. I just wish they'd give the characters their own personal editors.

A distinct possibility.

However, if they do a reissue, it's likely to be exclusive again. And I actually want them to do it. I don't care if I spent more than what they sold it for, I want everyone to have one and to enjoy her.

I don't care if she's exclusive, I have no objections to ordering directly from GSC. I just want her for a reasonable price.

Also, yes. My current most wanted Nendo alongside Chaika.

She really is adorable.

tumblr_nd5lc6hy_JT1qbvovho1_500.gif

Odds... not terrible, I'd think? But let me not wonder about what might be, ha ha ha.

And enjoy. Show itself I found pretty boring but I can see why people would want her. Not my thing.
though a few months ago shipgirls weren't my thing either...

And enjoy. Show itself I found pretty boring but I can see why people would want her. Not my thing.
though a few months ago shipgirls weren't my thing either...

I wasn't a big fan of Celestial Method. I dropped it after 8 or 9 eps. It started feeling like a chore. Doesn't mean that Noel isn't apocalyptically adorable, though.

Acid08

Banned
I love how everyone here buckles and orders stuff they maybe shouldn't because it makes me feel a little bit better when I do hahahaha

WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

StayDead

I can't afford 10k for one Nendo. If I had a job... I just sent a CV to my Dad to check for a job he found that I am apparently perfect for, so if I get that I'll buy her.

Sölf;149432471 said:
Not sure if it is a good or a bad thing, that this thread is the most active one from the ones I have subscribed to.

Ya it moves at a nice pace. One of the best threads on GAF imo. Like top 2 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom