• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol man, all that hometown and life in that Me!Me!Me! video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybGfoLv4K4s

Needless to say but don't watch this at work.

I really like this video short. It conveys its message/story pretty well. Top tier song too. I wish they would release a 1080p version or all the shorts on BD.

Someone in Japan got their hands on the PG Unicorn and LED set already. They put out this image, too.

I think I'm in love.

Can't wait! *stoked*

Ryuuroden

Now I can mix my 2 favorite hobbies!

062.jpg

lego_rensouhou_chan___kantai_collection_by_dylandenton-d7fyffw.png

lHgHefx.jpg

garage kits of the lego sort

Ryuuroden

Does that hurt you more, equally, or less than your non-LEGO variety?

Some of the stuff I see made I would kill for (not literally of course) to be made into an official set. Many creators provide instructions though for stuff and you can figure stuff out from pictures as well so if you really really want it, it is possible to recreate it on your own. Some parts can be quite the hassle and honestly I need my extra time to spend building my own creations so if I can buy a set for the other things I would.

Zerojul

So, I think I will wait a little longer and see if, Amiami will have it.

Mmmh... Tsume is a small French (Luxembourg-based) company, I'm not sure Amiami handles their products. Can't find any of their stuff on the site right now.
The retailer price for Orochimaru is 65€, it's about $80. I'm not sure you'll be able to find a lower price than the $90 BBTS asks for it that easily. Now, whether the figure itself is worth it or not is another matter, of course :)

20k Yen right?

....Right?!
Lol.
Figures are bad for your wallet. Lego are bad for your wallet.
Doing both is just crazy
but I do it anyway

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We may suffer from handling charges but at least the UK is pretty much earthquake free. Just don't leave your on Tue floor on the ground floor and below in case of flooding.

Two hours later so I'm not posting twice in a row...

It's funny to think that figureGAF is actually far more strong willed when it comes to money compared to much of GAF judging by the Amiibo thread. They're spunking their money like nobody's business.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Posts Figure GAF's nightmare scenario, ʅ(´◔౪◔)ʃ:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bcnr33_ll_/status/536152615600402432
=P

Lol that's my nightmare scenario, not because of earthquakes, but my 3 year old son, instead of pvc figures it's 30 Hot Toys and other 1/6 and 1/4 scale figure/dolls...

good job!
already got mine.

Do you have the RJB Invisible Woman or Mystique figure as well?

I really should have pre-ordered Devil's Cheerleader from GSC, but at the time I don't know if Wing could deliver a quality product, and I was being a lazy jackass that didn't want to sign up for for yet another site for an exclusive.

Luckily the (NSFW) Erostika (NSFW) store still has them for 16,200 JPY (19,450 with European shipping) as ebay prices are already getting nuts, and I just got my payment request, so she's still in stock...

We may suffer from handling charges but at least the UK is pretty much earthquake free. Just don't leave your on Tue floor on the ground floor and below in case of flooding.

Two hours later so I'm not posting twice in a row...

It's funny to think that figureGAF is actually far more strong willed when it comes to money compared to much of GAF judging by the Amiibo thread. They're spunking their money like nobody's business.

I think most of us here have been collecting for a while, we already know we can't have everything, so we all have different criteria for why we do and don't buy something.

Does it go with your collection? Can you live with the price? Does that dress make her ass too big? We put a little more thought into our purchases...

Just ordered both from a seller in Japan on ebay:

Lovett1401203130.jpeg

I didn't know Satsuki hadn't officially been released as yet, end of the month... so a little longer to wait. I really love the design on these, even if they are just prize figures!

Bombless

Giolon has the Ryuuko one. She looks great from a distance. They'll look even better together.

Edit : Also that Me!Me!Me! short is awesome.

Do you have the RJB Invisible Woman or Mystique figure as well?

I really should have pre-ordered Devil's Cheerleader from GSC, but at the time I don't know if Wing could deliver a quality product, and I was being a lazy jackass that didn't want to sign up for for yet another site for an exclusive.

Luckily the (NSFW) Erostika (NSFW) store still has them for 16,200 JPY (19,450 with European shipping) as ebay prices are already getting nuts, and I just got my payment request, so she's still in stock...

i don't have them. they're not for me.

yup, the price is fair for this kind of quality.

NEO0MJ

If anyone is into Super Robots, this bad boy (SRC Black Getter) is up for preorder :

Tamashii Web exclusive so only at BigInJapan
and NY
and quite pricey.

My decision not to order anything anymore for the month has been utterly shattered... again.

This looks pretty cool, but I already have the Fewture Black Getter. I much prefer that line, larger and more detailed.

8033806303_6819cddea8_b.jpg

Remember how I said I bought a PS4 and now my figure spending will have to slow down?

Well that didn't last long as I just ordered the Monomi Nendo for 3.5k off Mandarake.

NEO0MJ

Fewture Getters are amazing, Dat 600$ Getter they put out last year is amazing, sadly it is also so out of my reach :(

Man, I really wanted Getter Dragon but I was job-hunting and in no position to afford it. Plus, I'm hoping they release a Getter Robo Armageddon repaint. The original color scheme pales in comparison to that.

Zerojul

Fewture Getters are amazing, Dat 600$ Getter they put out last year is amazing, sadly it is also so out of my reach :(

Man, I really wanted Getter Dragon but I was job-hunting and in no position to afford it. Plus, I'm hoping they release a Getter Robo Armageddon repaint. The original color scheme pales in comparison to that.

God I didn't know about this version of Dragon, had to google it. It's amazing.
For the black getter though, I must say I kinda like the more "round and bulky" look of the SRC more, different strokes and all that. And a very different price, too, I guess :)

NEO0MJ

God I didn't know about this version of Dragon, had to google it. It's amazing.
For the black getter though, I must say I kinda like the more "round and bulky" look of the SRC more, different strokes and all that. And a very different price, too, I guess :)

Yeah, everyone has their own taste, and I see the charm in the original designs. But personally I like to go all out most of the time, even if it means I buy them less often. I have all the Fewture Getter, other than the original Getter 1 and the G Getters.

Giolon

Just ordered both from a seller in Japan on ebay:

Lovett1401203130.jpeg

I didn't know Satsuki hadn't officially been released as yet, end of the month... so a little longer to wait. I really love the design on these, even if they are just prize figures!

Giolon has the Ryuuko one. She looks great from a distance. They'll look even better together.

Yep, the Ryuuko is pretty great for a prize figure and fairly large. Obviously the detail isn't going to live up to a 8000 yen scale figure, but for 1/4 the price it's really pretty good. I'm looking forward to Satsuki when she releases at the end of the month.

Nachos

Hey FigureGAF, my little sister wants to order some figures from AmiAmi, but I'm a little confused about how the shipping works. The final payment page said that shipping would be calculated later, but is there any way to find out the exact amount (or, at least, a rough estimate) in advance? Their FAQ said that you can send them an order number to get the amount, but unless I'm missing something, that still involves finalizing a payment.

I've heard they don't appreciate cancellations, so I figured I'd ask here first.

Hey FigureGAF, my little sister wants to order some figures from AmiAmi, but I'm a little confused about how the shipping works. The final payment page said that shipping would be calculated later, but is there any way to find out the exact amount (or, at least, a rough estimate) in advance? Their FAQ said that you can send them an order number to get the amount, but unless I'm missing something, that still involves finalizing a payment.

Shipping will depend on how many items, and how big they are. If the items your sister is looking at are pre-order items that haven't been released yet, then it's hard to calculate shipping on items they don't physically have in front of them. If a package is over a certain size / weight, then you're looking at EMS-only shipping, which is super-quick, but costs quite a bit. A box with say, three or four regular scaled figures in it would probably cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $60-$70 in shipping. SAL shipping is the cheaper alternative, but will probably take several weeks to reach you (closer to a month during this time of year). But, if you only have one or two figures, SAL will probably be available. Pay attention, though. There's a type of SAL (called SAL Parcel) shipping that's about as expensive as EMS, but it's very very very very slow. Never use it. Ever.

Also keep in mind, AmiAmi ships monthly. So if you have several figures on order that all come out during separate months, then you're going to have several separate orders that all ship separately. If you want them shipped together, Hobbylink Japan offers a service called personal warehouse where they hold onto all your items for you (but you pay for them as they come out) until you want to have them sent. At which time they'll calculate shipping, you'll pay the shipping fee, then they'll mail your items.

I've heard they don't appreciate cancellations, so I figured I'd ask here first.

As far as cancellations go, as long you buy more from them than you cancel, you'll be fine. I've cancelled a ton of things from them over the past couple of years.

RMI

Banned
I'll add to what Freeza said about the shipping with a note that at a certain level Registered SAL and EMS shipping start to converge and are within a few hundred yen. So for small orders (1 scale and a figma, or somethign like that) I typically use Registered SAL, but for larger orders (3 scale figures maybe) I use EMS because it's much faster and only slightly more expensive.

I'll add to what Freeza said about the shipping with a note that at a certain level Registered SAL and EMS shipping start to converge and are within a few hundred yen. So for small orders (1 scale and a figma, or somethign like that) I typically use Registered SAL, but for larger orders (3 scale figures maybe) I use EMS because it's much faster and only slightly more expensive.

Actually I believe at that point you aren't paying for SAL Registered but SAL Parcel which is the cost of EMS but with the speed of SAL so you might as well just go EMS.

chrono01

Actually I believe at that point you aren't paying for SAL Registered but SAL Parcel which is the cost of EMS but with the speed of SAL so you might as well just go EMS.
Yeah. If you're shipment is too large/heavy, SAL Small Packet Registered isn't possible. At that point it's SAL Parcel, which is expensive and extremely slow. Never go with SAL Parcel.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's not a standard Nendoroid, but a Nendoroid Petite.

Still adorable, though.

Oh it's a Petite? I didn't think Petites counted in the Nendo numbering system. Still a good deal seeing what the other prices of Neptune was going for (around $100...)

chrono01

Oh it's a Petite? I didn't think Petites counted in the Nendo numbering system. Still a good deal seeing what the other prices of Neptune was going for (around $100...)
You're absolutely right. Apparently there was a Nendoroid released of her after all.

I stand sit corrected.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
You're absolutely right. Apparently there was a Nendoroid released of her after all.

I stand sit corrected.

Oh nice^^ Yeah I was gunna say I have the Petites that came with NA game releases (Mugen Souls, Witch and the Hundred Knight, Blazblue) and never saw those numbered.

Yeah I totally didn't know that the anime released an LE with a Nendo. I think one of the games had a Petite set with the Nepgear and Purple Heart though?

chrono01

Oh nice^^ Yeah I was gunna say I have the Petites that came with NA game releases (Mugen Souls, Witch and the Hundred Knight, Blazblue) and never saw those numbered.

Yeah I totally didn't know that the anime released an LE with a Nendo. I think one of the games had a Petite set with the Nepgear and Purple Heart though?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure a "Petite" version exists somewhere, or perhaps I'm just getting it confused with something else. That's entirely possible too. >_<

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Were these the ones you were thinking of? Would be awesome if they get released on the Re;Birth 2 LE release here!

5781863649_82708741b0.jpg

chrono01

Were these the ones you were thinking of? Would be awesome if they get released on the Re;Birth 2 LE release here!

5781863649_82708741b0.jpg
That's them!

Yeah, that'd be nice. As long as IF actually releases the LE for Re;Birth 2 in enough quantities and makes it available for people, like me, who live in Canada [and not just say they do and then not ship it here]. -_-

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I think I remember you talking in the topic about it on pre-order night. I'm sure (from the backlash) they've learned. EU is getting a physical copy too, so that's one step! But yeah these figures would be perfect for the next LE set, especially being Nepgear's game.

Nachos

Shipping will depend on how many items, and how big they are. If the items your sister is looking at are pre-order items that haven't been released yet, then it's hard to calculate shipping on items they don't physically have in front of them. If a package is over a certain size / weight, then you're looking at EMS-only shipping, which is super-quick, but costs quite a bit.
Well, these are the ones she wants. They've all been released, but I don't know how the size is going to affect things. None of the figures don't seem that big, but since the latter two items are multiple small figures packaged as a set, I don't know how much that'll affect things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom