• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are Mandarake's shipping prices? low, average, high?

Depends on what form of shipping you choose, DHL, EMS, SAL Registered.

I had a Estelle and a Kagami, both 1/8 scaled figures, ship to me with SAL Registered for about 3.2k, and they did two boxes too.

The one before that (which is still in transit, lol) was only 900 in shipping, but that's probably a small box.

Definitely wouldn't get any of those figures of Meiko, though. lol

The Meiko figures are actually pretty rad. I skipped the Catsuit version since I've heard it's a bit small for the price, but the school uniform version isn't that lewd. The box is hilarious, though. Obviously, her base is a reference to that scene where
what's-his-face was crawling through the storm drain. The base is packaged behind her, with a small window in the back of the box. If you look through it, it lines up perfectly with one of the holes in the base, and gives you a view of Meiko's crotch. Just like that scene in the manga. XD

Einbroch

Banned
Editting this post.

[U][B]What are Nendoroids?[/B][/U]

Nendoroids (Nendo, Nendos, (ねんどろいど) are small, super deformed figures made by Good Smile Company (GSC) with interchangeable body parts, faces, and accessories. Since 2006, there have been over 400 Nendoroids created. They are made from PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride), making them fairly durable and bendable. They share similar stylings, but offer enough variety that you can usually tell a character just by the face design.

With their body parts, heads, faces, hair, arms, legs, and accessories being exchangeable between all Nendoroids, you can make some really interesting characters. Want an Iron Man with the Master Sword? You can! Want a Hatsune Miku dual weilding a pistol and battle axe while flying through the air with Luigi's hat on her head? You can! It's fun, but even if you aren't into that, they look very nice with no maintenance required.

[U][B]What characters are there?[/B][/U]

Many are characters from anime, but in recent years they have expanded beyond anime and games to more pop culture icons. Everything from Link (Nintendo) to Batman to Elsa (Frozen) have been made into Nendoroids. Anime characters still make up a majority of the figures created, but recent factory expansion promises more variety for those who aren't into anime/manga culture.

[B][U]Where can I buy them? What should I look out for?[/U][/B]

[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113070361&postcount=1"]Just gonna refer you to this post, by johnsmith in the FigureGAF OT.[/URL]
However, a few of the more popular ones pop up in some US retailers. For example, Target carries [URL="http://www.target.com/p/diamond-good-smile-the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-link-nendoroid-action-figure/-/A-16458054#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=nendoroid"]Link.[/URL] This will likely expand once GSC opens their new factory.

On average, they cost between $20-$40, depending on the extras, exclusivity, popularity of the character, and so on.

[U][B]So, if there's a Figure OT, why this thread?[/B][/U]

Nendoroids are announced almost every day, with previews, reviews, and so on. This is also a place for people to come who might be interested in Nendoroids or other figures without the image that some of the more "lewd" scale figures give off. Show off your collections! Talk about the latest Nendoroid! I'll try my best to update this thread daily with Nendoroid news/announcements/releases.

[B][U]Enough talk, let's see some pictures![/U][/B].

One more shot I wanted to throw up here just cause it's cool as hell.

10440200_947219078639060_54392641891244199_n.jpg

Yeah, Koto has been killing it lately. And what they fuck up, they usually fix before release.

Definitely. Reminds me of when Yamato finally stepped up their game (right before their change to Arcadia). I've always had a soft spot for Kotobukiya so seeing them finally pump out some jaw-dropping sculpts makes me a happy camper.

Definitely. Reminds me of when Yamato finally stepped up their game (right before their change to Arcadia). I've always had a soft spot for Kotobukiya so seeing them finally pump out some jaw-dropping sculpts makes me a happy camper.

It's really been within the last few years that their sculpts have gotten really impressive. And I would argue that their base design is probably the best in the business at this point.

If you look at Mikasa on the left, it looks like her base interlocks with the rest.
Yeah guessing they did it so people would buy the whole set, they probably won't sell the whole set together, but who knows you might get lucky.
Each piece is its own separate release. Including the couch. Probably.

Koto does nothing but good.
Couch will probably be separated into pieces in each release XD

StayDead

Oh my goodness a nendo Rin. She's not my favourite IS girl and I don't actually think I own any other IS nendos. I've been waiting for Char/Tatenashi/Kanzashi so I guess I can wait a little longer.

meijiko

Even though I have a bunch of other things I need to photograph, I couldn't help but get a good shot of this cutie:

MVKVqfs.jpg

I'm not even a big SAO or Asuna fan, but I love this tiny thing.

Yes sir. Fun, energetic anime based on an interesting premise that rarely comes off tepid despite it being one of those settings where it's all schoolgirls. Certainly worth giving a shot.

oh my god, it's like the best thing ever. Moe + Tanks = HHHHNNNGGGGGG

I decided to check it out on a whim due to the ridiculous premise...and ended up powering through it in a single night. It was THAT good.

The first couple of episodes are pretty thin on tanks, but once the actual battles start it's super entertaining.

It's amazing. I have gotten people who typically hate schoolgirl club anime or cute girls with weapons stuff and they all enjoyed it.

I haven't started watching it yet, but I felt a strong urge to make this:

FigureGAF, I need your help.

My girlfriend is looking for this figure:

116883.jpg

DRAMAtical Murder Aoba 1/7 by Max Factory, and it looks like it's getting a rerelease this December, but preorders are closed pretty much everywhere. I've checked all the links on MFC and the only one that still has it in stock for a decent price is Kirin Hobby, plus they have free shipping in the US on orders over $150. I'm from Vancouver but I have a friend with a US post box just across the border that I could use. Should she just go for it? Does FigureGAF have any other secrets that might help me out? I don't usually buy many Japanese PVC figures so I don't know all the ins and outs of the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom