• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI coming to PC 9.17.24

night13x

I really enjoy FFXVI. One of the better FF games out there. It seems like the fanboys are divided between you can only like FF7R or FF16....why not like both? Tribalism is stupid (in anything).

After 15 almost made me quit the series, 16 was very refreshing and felt like I was playing a game with a story with an actual brain.

Is there stuff I dont really mind in 16? sure. But overall I had a blast with it....now on to the pc version!

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Hoping someone makes a PS5->PC save converter cuz there's no way I'm suffering through Normal/Journalist Mode again to get to some actual challenge in NG+
There is no challenge in NG plus either. You stomp it all but it just has more health.

This games most challenging fights are equivalent of a basic mandragora from old FF games at best.

Come for the spectacle.

There is no challenge in NG plus either. You stomp it all but it just has more health.
Some challenge > No challenge

Also it just feels better to have three Eikons from the get-go instead of being drip fed the combat system through the course of the story.
Come for the spectacle.
Personally, 'spectacle' is not what I play Final Fantasy games for. If it was then I would have never gotten past ARR in XIV lol

BehemothBlade

Neo Member
well slow start but now its number one top seller and picking up steam...lets hope it does decent numbers. 39k is the one to beat which was ff15 i think.
Steam numbers peaked at 16K(heh) and currently it sits at 13K.

FFXV peak was 29K.

Its not beating XV.

It beat Remake tho which peaked at 13K

Last edited:

Denton

Very little hype for this in the mainstream. Late ports with divisive games that have half the people tell you it sucks = not great

If the PC version was released back then alongside console one, I would have picked it up. But now? I might as well wait for deeper sale since I have other games to play and they already made me wait..

Last edited:

nikos

=
I believe this is a fix here?

Yup, Lyall's fix is working great. Another game saved by the community.

Anybody with an ultrawide monitor should be on the PCGW discord, or at least check the site for fixes. www.pcgamingwiki.com

Last edited:

UnrealEck

I played the demo and it seemed very easy and had no RPG elements to it other than damage numbers. Even the graphics were just okay. A lot of praise I see for this game is the eikon fights but I was bored to death with that part.

I hope they're really remaking IX. The remake of VII is good (especially Rebirth).
The characters in XVI look really generic and boring to me. Its night and day how different their world and character design is from the PS1 days to post FF XII era.

Go_Ly_Dow

I'm torn between this and Ragnarok

I need something new to play on PC
Apples and oranges, but I've completed both and in terms of epicness and big boss fights Ragnarock I felt was the weakest game in the GoW franchise and build up and pay off was very underwhelming, where as I felt XVI's highs were some of the best in the series.

StueyDuck

I really enjoy FFXVI. One of the better FF games out there. It seems like the fanboys are divided between you can only like FF7R or FF16....why not like both? Tribalism is stupid (in anything).

After 15 almost made me quit the series, 16 was very refreshing and felt like I was playing a game with a story with an actual brain.

Is there stuff I dont really mind in 16? sure. But overall I had a blast with it....now on to the pc version!
Real fanboys of FF know that the games drastically change between titles ever since literally the first game.

You are allowed to prefer one over the other for sure. But people saying "this is not final fantasy" are clueless clowns.

I personally feel 13 and 12 are the lesser of the franchise but they are still absolutely final fantasy games. Just not ones that gelled with me personally.

16 is like the most throwback final fantasy we've gotten since 9 and 7 rebirth is the most realized 3d version of the ps1 era formula.

Those who have gotten to the tiny bronco moment know what I mean.

So needless to say those who are like one or the other aren't fans at all. And probably have their own agendas that they'll never admit to.

(If these games weren't initially exclusive you wouldn't see the same vitriol)

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I'll wait for a sale. Finished it on PS5 and had to force myself through the second half of it and it drones on and on towards the end. Sure looked pretty though
I literally fell asleep multiple times while playing. By around the 70% mark I finally got honest with myself that I was just forcing myself to continue so this wouldn’t be the only mainline FF I didn’t finish. I dropped it and moved on to something else.

StueyDuck

What changes?
The more eikons you get the more the combat changes and each serve a different purpose. Titan for example introduces a parry mechanic. You eventually will end up leveling up and building different builds for if you wanna control a crowd, build up stagger, do heavy damage.

The demo you literally have only Phoenix and even then it's the nerfed intro phoenix.

Wish it wasn't asmongold but it's an example of how things get more complex

Last edited:

Hrk69

Gold Member
The more eikons you get the more the combat changes and each serve a different purpose. Titan for example introduces a parry mechanic. You eventually will end up leveling up and building different builds for if you wanna control a crowd, build up stagger, do heavy damage.

The demo you literally have only Phoenix and even then it's the nerfed intro phoenix.

Wish it wasn't asmongold but it's an example of how things get more complex

You just post the original video, just like this:

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
What changes?
Press your buttons, do your rotation, use abilities on cooldown either to force stagger or do burst damage during stagger. It's very fighting game centric. But as you can see from the video many times bosses don't react to your attacks all that much until you "stagger" them. Like the game is ignoring you with these bullet sponge enemies.

Though to answer your question not much really changes. Maybe it's the notion that unlike the demo you don't have all these abilities from the get go and slowly Megaman them into Clive's toolkit.

I think if players really like Clive then the 50 hour slogfest might be enjoyable but if not it might be tough to stay engaged with the game.

Top Bottom