• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

OT: I'm I the only experiencing the 'snap back' to my post everytime I refersh a page in Firefox? It's a tad annoying. :-/

Can't wait for the draws. I have revised my opinions. I want:

Barcelona vs Bayern Munich
Paris St Germain vs Real Madrid
Malaga vs Borussia Dortmund
Galatasaray vs Juventus

FC Basel vs Tottenham Hotspur
Rubin Kazan vs Chelsea
Lazio vs Newcastle
Benfica vs Fenerbahce

We get to find out the draws for the semis for the Europa League too, right?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fuck Inter for their racist shit. Ade had the last laugh you banana throwing cunts.

Please jebus let Lazio draw Chelsea. There are no restrictions on the draw right?

Wilbur

Banned
OT: I'm I the only experiencing the 'snap back' to my post everytime I refersh a page in Firefox? It's a tad annoying. :-/

We get to find out the draws for the semis for the Europa League too, right?

Do we not find out the semis for both? If so:

Barcelona/Bayern Munich vs Paris St Germain/Real Madrid
Malaga/Borussia Dortmund vs Galatasaray/Juventus

Rubin Kazan/Chelsea vs Benfica/Fenerbahce
FC Basel/Tottenham Hotspur vs Lazio/Newcastle

confuziz

Banned

Rubin Kazan/Chelsea vs Benfica/Fenerbahce
FC Basel/Tottenham Hotspur vs Lazio/Newcastle

I don't know. They change this shit every year.

xintin

FC Basel/Tottenham Hotspur vs Benfica/Fenerbahce
Rubin Kazan/Chelsea vs Lazio/Newcastle
Both tourneys have a semi-final draw scheduled for April 12th. All we find out is QF tmrw I guess.

Carbonox

Pardew needs to keep his dodgy beard. Seems to be lucky for Cisse. The latter was asked what it was like to be in the QF's and he didn't understand. :lol

Welp, Chelsea fired me. Six wins in a row, lost at City, Abramovich decides that he has had enough.

Oh well, I guess I'll go to Manchester United. 50m for transfers, fuck yeah. The only team that I actually like in the PL. Fuck yeah, again.

Scum

Welp, Chelsea fired me. Six wins in a row, lost at City, Abramovich decides that he has had enough.

Oh well, I guess I'll go to Manchester United. 50m for transfers, fuck yeah. The only team that I actually like in the PL. Fuck yeah, again.

Who did he get to replace you?

on 03/14/2005 (so exactly 8 years ago) this happened:

dPEX3xT.jpg

Insolvency averted, for now: the football miracle of Dortmund

:'(

Meier

Ever heard of Nazio? Plenty of Italian teams suffer from this bullshit. It's sad and pathetic.

Yep, it's just absolutely ridiculous. At some point UEFA *must* punish the country as a whole and start to remove team slots from competitions. A message must be sent that will then force clubs to prevent their supporters from pulling shit like this.

<3 u r my sunshine
<3 I even lowered my wage.

At first I was torn between United and Chelsea, as my mate picked City. I wanted a challenge, first year was amazing actually, the second one was absolutely awful the first few months. I get back on track and start winning again, then because I lose the first match in a month and a half Abramovich fucks everything up.

Now I have the 2012/2013 squad plus Gundongan, Neymar and somebody else. And money. This is going to be so much fun.

Wilbur

Banned
:lol you like Manchester United.

Going out tonight.

I'm stuck inside doing this essay. 1200 words done. Without that post Salazar made I'd have been absolutely fucking LOST. He's my saviour.

Honestly Sal I'll PayPal you 100 quid. I mean it. I'll take it back if I get a shit grade, but for now... man oh man.

TeegsD

:(

Hopefully Bruno is elected. He could do a good job bringing Sporting back.

Hopefully any of the three have some sort of plan up their sleeves. Bruno looks to be my favorite as well but as long as either of them are better than the last 3, than I'll be happy.

Arnie

Thanks Arnie, I knew you'd always have my back. Now lets see if Rubin can be "the little cunt hair that could".
I love you more than most here. You're my Russian Kermit.

Order:

People I like > people I argue with > people I don't engage with > people I don't like > lunchbox > Samir Nasri

Keio

For a Finer World
Howay the lads! Was great seeing Newcastle defend quite solid, and the French Connection makes the midfield flow like never before in the 1st half of the season. Loving this.

Carbonox

Howay the lads! Was great seeing Newcastle defend quite solid, and the French Connection makes the midfield flow like never before in the 1st half of the season. Loving this.

Taylor and Mbiwa together are quite some pairing. Taylor has been sensational for us lately.

We definitely need a new CB for when Coloccini leaves though. Perch is OK as a utility man but a good third choice would be nice. Then Williamson needs to GTFO for being a sorry excuse for a footballer.

I can already foresee how the rest of this season will play out. CSKA will stroll to the title, Zenit and Anzhi will continue playing like shit and allow Spartak to sneak up and steal that CL spot(again) and embarrass the whole nation in the CL(again!).

Fuck Spartak!

EDIT: at least if Spalletti gets fired then something good with come of this season.

Kyoufu

I can already foresee how the rest of this season will play out. CSKA will stroll to the title, Zenit and Anzhi will continue playing like shit and allow Spartak to sneak up and steal that CL spot(again) and embarrass the whole nation in the CL(again!).

Fuck Spartak!

EDIT: at least if Spalletti gets fired then something good with come of this season.

Are CSKA full of overpaid players who don't really care anymore?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
This is really cool. Raith Rovers are donating all away gate receipts after the first 2000 to help save their rivals Dunfermline from liquidation. But not out of pity, rather as an opportunity to make money and continue making more.

&#8220;We&#8217;re not doing this to be magnanimous towards mismanagement at Dunfermline, we&#8217;re trying to get a bigger crowd for our home game.

&#8220;We&#8217;ve had some fans saying we shouldn&#8217;t be donating any money towards Dunfermline, but in any other business it would be called good marketing.&#8221;

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/fo...y-round-rivals-1-2837330#.UUI0UouZjmA.twitter

Are CSKA full of overpaid players who don't really care anymore?

Not really. They have the Russian national team keeper and CBs and plenty of attacking threats in Dzagoev, Honda, Tosic, Doumbia and they also got back from Brazil the most successful foreigner in Russian League history, Vagner Love.

Plus they're really hungry since they haven't won the title in 8 years. They've also done well in their last couple of appearances in the CL. Eliminated in the quarterfinal by Inter the year they won and in the first knockout round last year by Madrid. Basically they got Mourinho'd.

I thought he was back in brazil?
He was but the Brazilian team who bought him(Flamengo) couldn't make the payments on time so CSKA just took him back.

broony

Just got back from the match and eaten a nice kebab.

Though Anzi were the better team until the red, but never really felt in danger. It's starting to get worrying how little threat we offer going forwards but proud of the performance and eventually getting our rewards.

The goal was nuts. Everyone went mental and I ended up with some 10 year old kid balanced on my head who had launched himself from about three rows behind. Was still celebrating with him on my head for a good minute or so before I realised the game was over. Good shit.

feel

Just got back from the match and eaten a nice kebab.

Though Anzi were the better team until the red, but never really felt in danger. It's starting to get worrying how little threat we offer going forwards but proud of the performance and eventually getting our rewards.

The goal was nuts. Everyone went mental and I ended up with some 10 year old kid balanced on my head who had launched himself from about three rows behind. Was still celebrating with him on my head for a good minute or so before I realised the game was over. Good shit.
LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom