• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet here is Leclerc doing a 1:18.463, which is about the same time as RIC did during friday practice.

Not to dismiss Leclerc's massive talent, but Di Resta jumped straight into cold water without any preparation whatsoever and doing simulator runs at most. Leclerc is in the middle of a Formula 2 season and just finished a racing weekend. The circumstances are not quite comparable.

Leclerc is a huge talent. Can't wait to see him in F1, maybe with Haas.

Marchionne mentioned Sauber as their possible junior team, linking it to the engine deal they just made.

Zaru

It's more likely that he'll find a seat at Williams or another Mercedes team.

Williams is set to keep Stroll and the whole Martini sponsor thing speaks against Wehrlein at his current age. At least I remember that being an issue.

As for Force India, Ocon will probably stay, Perez obviously feels ready for bigger teams but has no space to move.

They're more likely to park him in a different series if you ask me.

dl77

I don't see him at Williams as even if Massa retires again they'll want to keep Strolls money rolling in and having two fairly novice drivers isn't going to get them anywhere.

That only leaves Force India and given that Ocon is (I think) part of the Mercedes driver program I don't see them kicking either him or Perez out, especially with the money Perez brings in from the Mexican Govt.

Fox Mulder

I've read that Martini wants one driver over 25 for reasons.

Wehrlein just lost out because Sauber sucks and Mercedes needs a real junior team for young talent. Imagine if Manor were still around at least.

He'll probably end up in Formula E when Mercedes starts in 2019.

Today Toto Wolff just said this regarding Wehrlein:

Asked about Wehrlein's future, Mercedes motorsport boss Wolff told Sky Sports: "There are lots of movements on the chess board at the moment.

"I guess in the next two weeks there could be some interesting things happening."

That's the only reason I'm not writing off Wehrlein just yet.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Some pics of IndyCar's 2018 road course aero:

indycar-indycar-2018-mid-ohio-testing-2017-juan-pablo-montoya-tests-the-2018-chevrolet.jpg

indycar-indycar-2018-mid-ohio-testing-2017-2018-chevrolet-indycar.jpg

indycar-indycar-2018-mid-ohio-testing-2017-juan-pablo-montoya-tests-the-2018-chevrolet.jpg

indycar-indycar-2018-mid-ohio-testing-2017-oriol-servia-tests-the-2018-honda.jpg

Zaru

Today Toto Wolff just said this regarding Wehrlein:

Asked about Wehrlein's future, Mercedes motorsport boss Wolff told Sky Sports: "There are lots of movements on the chess board at the moment.

"I guess in the next two weeks there could be some interesting things happening."

That's the only reason I'm not writing off Wehrlein just yet.

Dammit Toto, teasing the silly season like that just at the start of the summer break

DD

I don't see him at Williams as even if Massa retires again they'll want to keep Strolls money rolling in and having two fairly novice drivers isn't going to get them anywhere.

That only leaves Force India and given that Ocon is (I think) part of the Mercedes driver program I don't see them kicking either him or Perez out, especially with the money Perez brings in from the Mexican Govt.

I think the money Perez brings is from America Movil, not from the government. Like Hulk, the Mexican deserves a place on a bigger team, in my opinion.

I've read that Martini wants one driver over 25 for reasons.

Wehrlein just lost out because Sauber sucks and Mercedes needs a real junior team for young talent. Imagine if Manor were still around at least.

He'll probably end up in Formula E when Mercedes starts in 2019.
Wasn't there talks about a Chinese team coming in?

Some pics of IndyCar's 2018 road course aero:

indycar-indycar-2018-mid-ohio-testing-2017-2018-chevrolet-indycar.jpg

indycar-indycar-2018-mid-ohio-testing-2017-oriol-servia-tests-the-2018-honda.jpg

Nice! Do they released the specs? Kind of looks like an improved Super Fomula, which are also made by Dallara.

FrankCanada97

As they have removed the rear bumpers, have they ever been useful?

In a word, no. All those bumpers really did was reduce the number of cut tires from front wing contact.

Anyone who failed to post a faster lap time than the chicken expert should be ashamed of themselves. He is easily the worst driver testing today.

DD

There was a group or two interested, but haven't applied officially. They won't be on the grid in 2018 anyways.

Seems too late for that.

In a word, no. All those bumpers really did was reduce the number of cut tires from front wing to rear contact.

Anyone who failed to post a faster lap time than the chicken expert should be ashamed of themselves. He is easily the worst driver testing today.
You, sir, you are an agent of chaos.

Ark

Guys. Tomorrow, Robert Kubica is going to take part in an F1 official test session.

I really hope he smashes it. We need Kubica back in F1.

Guys. Tomorrow, Robert Kubica is going to take part in an F1 official test session.

I didn't care about him back then, but I think it's really cool that it's happening and that he got so much support. I hope we'll see him next year, because everyone loves a good comeback story.

Zaru

I'm not going to expect him to smash the times of drivers who have been driving a lot of open wheel cars in the last few years, but Renault will have all the data they need to decide how good he really can be nowadays.

FrankCanada97

Kubica making a comeback would be one of the great sports stories of the decade. Just looking at the crash pictures, you'd think there'd be no way he survived. Kubica's comeback is an inspirational story of perseverance and dedication.

cromofo

To remind you what happened:

Black left eye after hitting the steering wheel

Badly broken right shoulder, fractures of the fragments and displacements

Humerus - multiplace open fractures,

Elbow - the most affected during the accident, multiple fractures with spare fragments,displacements and crushings, serious damage of the elbow joint

Hand and its bones - multiple fractures with crushings, displacements with spare fragments

Lungs - disturbed saturation after losing a large amount of blood, shock and cooling down,

Femur - multiple fractures, including open

Knee - broken kneecap and joint, fractures,

The tibia and fibula - multiple open fractures, displacements and spare fragments

Heel - broken heel

Foot - numerous foot bone fractures

Randdalf

In a word, no. All those bumpers really did was reduce the number of cut tires from front wing contact.

Verstappen worse than Galeal confirmed

DBT85

Should add Ark that that video is not of his crash, but of him very specifically not crashing around the streets of Monaco.

DBT85

Never seen a video so its possible one doesn't exist, or that if it does it might be one from inside the car that has never been released.

Carn82

Heh, pretty funny. Apparently Max brought some beers with him when he went to talk with Ricciardo.

http://m.telegraaf.nl/telesport/article/28800953/verstappen-zegt-sorry-met-ijskoud-biertje

And Australian TV talked with Ricciardo as well:
It kinda started off a bit tense, and then you kind of get some conversations going back and forth. He apologised and said it was his mistake, his misjudgment, not intentional. I would have been a lot more pissed off if he would’ve blamed it on something or someone or whatever.

At the moment that’s all he can do, and I mean that’s what I would expect, so at least he’s ticked that box. Obviously it doesn’t change my race or anything, but, yeah, for how the day went, yeah, at least he’s come up and we’ve spoke about it. I think, short term, that’s the best thing we can do. We’ll move on.”

About his own words:

“I think I was trying to point out that it’s not inexperience — he’s been driving most of his life, so he knows how to drive and knows how to race. The immaturity comment was more directed at ... in his situation, (at) Turn 1 he tries the outside and looks like he’s going to pass Lewis and Bottas, then loses it on the exit and all of a sudden he’s not past Bottas, and then he sees me coming past.

I just think that was a kind of reactive response as opposed to a methodical one, and that’s why I would probably say that was more of an immature response. I don’t think an Alonso or someone would react that way, I think they would look at the race in a bigger picture and say ‘alright, I’ve got 70 laps. If I believe I’m quicker then I’ll find a way past.”

John_B

Perez should boot Massa at Williams so Wehrlein can move to Force India (maybe this is what Wolf is hinting at). Marcussen isn't going anywhere with that secret Swedish billionaire funding the team and Raikkonen is staying because Vettel said so. That leaves only one seat for Ferrari to place Leclerc or Giovinazzi.

Aiii

So not worth it
Perez should boot Massa at Williams so Wehrlein can move to Force India (maybe this is what Wolf is hinting at). Marcussen isn't going anywhere with that secret Swedish billionaire funding the team and Raikkonen is staying because Vettel said so. That leaves only one seat for Ferrari to place Leclerc or Giovinazzi.

Perez is not going to a worse team just because Mercedes wants it. Can you imagine Toto calling Vijay and telling him what to do? That guy gives zero fucks.

John_B

Perez is not going to a worse team just because Mercedes wants it. Can you imagine Toto calling Vijay and telling him what to do? That guy gives zero fucks.
Worse team or worse drivers? Williams has the bigger budget and desperately needs someone like Perez. We'll see what happens. I'm not counting Wehrlein out just yet.

Aiii

So not worth it
Worse team or worse drivers? Williams has the bigger budget and desperately needs someone like Perez. We'll see what happens. I'm not counting Wehrlein out just yet.

It's pretty obvious for at least three seasons now that Force India is far superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom