• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
You guys are going crazy over Kubica but I think there are 3 more crazy things happening:

- The McLaren Honda has done 70+ laps
- The McLaren Honda is the second fastest car on the track
- Lando Norris is a real name of a human person.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Kubica's out on Ultrasofts and now on a flying lap. Brace yourself men!
Didn't do better than his Super Soft run.

Which makes sense, the track is a billion degrees and likely the Ultra Sorts melted before he reached the end of the lap.

Edit: Both McLaren cars also finished the race in Hungary, in the points!

I mean I know they'll be near last and will break in Spa, but this is progress!

Lando Norris is the best name ever, ever. Give him a drive in F1 just because of that name.

Aiii

So not worth it
You guys are going crazy over Kubica but I think there are 3 more crazy things happening:

- The McLaren Honda has done 70+ laps
- The McLaren Honda is the second fastest car on the track
- Lando Norris is a real name of a human person.

It did, but it still broke down earlier today.

And they had pace all weekend, so there's no surprise there.

BigAl1992

Yeah, the track's heated up too much, and the Ultrasofts probably weren't going to last the stint as a result. Still, I'm really impressed by Kubica. This is a lot better than I was expecting.

I stand corrected. 1:18.5.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Wish my dad was a billionaire, sheesh.

Lando Norris is going to be Britain's next top driving talent, and he's still 17 years old. Just need to improve his race starts.

Yep, Norris has good potential. A few mistakes like his crash at Pau though, otherwise he'd be leading the championship (I don't rate Gunther very highly).

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
If Lando Norris wins the F3 championship, he would end the 5 year streak of Prema Powerteam drivers winning the championship, 6 years if you include the former F3 Euroseries. That in itself would be an amazing achievement.

mclem

Lando Norris is the best name ever, ever. Give him a drive in F1 just because of that name.

I hope at some point he expects to get the #1 driver status, but is disappointed to only get #2, at which point his team principal says "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

xrnzaaas

Really positive day for Robert, I'm incredlibly happy for him and I can't wait for more. :) Lando was also very good, I see a bright future for him.

Oh, and mandatory Palmer pic :)

palmer7xjtw.jpg

BigAl1992

The best thing about this: Kubica did 142 laps. He can do a race distance. I think Palmer is gone. They'll pay him for the rest of his contract to put Kubica in.

He managed to go twice a normal race distance and show no signs of impairment to his arm, which was the real acid test today and he passed with flying colours. I really do believe now that Renault will put him into a race seat after today. He's shown he can take the physical pressures of this year's car and not be troubled by it, but also post consistent lap times again and again. It's really just a matter of time now, if not this season definitely 2018.

valkyre

Can someone give me the specifics in regards to Kubica's limitation due to his arm injury? I mean what kind of motion limitation does he have?

Also, I know this is a grim question, but nevertheless an important one, is his body able to withstand a potential race crash? I am talking mainly about his injured arm. Surely teams are looking into all these things, but it doesnt hurt to ask here as well.

Yagami_Sama

Lando Norris is going to be Britain's next top driving talent, and he's still 17 years old. Just need to improve his race starts.

This is so true. He is doing a great job on Formula 3. If it was not for the horrible starts the odds for him to become the champion would be higher.

Aiii

So not worth it
Saw this on a BBC article about Kubica's test. What do we think about these assessments?

_97157563_6a5f88c2-0e19-4985-8275-e9067bcde25f.jpg

I mean, the list of drivers are okay, but putting Vettel so far behind is really a bit dumb. Guy won 4 WDC's, is in the running to beat Lewis again this year and is brilliant on track.

If Mercedes didn't have their Qualy engine-mode I'd doubt we'd see the battle as close as it is this season. I also think it's undervaluing RIC and VER based on this season and the car/engine they've been dealt.

DBT85

Assuming it's based on general talent rather than current performance, Vettel should be much nearer Nando.

I hope at some point he expects to get the #1 driver status, but is disappointed to only get #2, at which point his team principal says "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."
Sauber then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom