• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday Box Office Mojo Figures.... Robot > Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
THE BOURNE SUPREMACY - $19,000,000
I, ROBOT - $6,871,000
CATWOMAN - $6,250,000
SPIDER-MAN 2 - $4,424,000
A CINDERELLA STORY - $2,736,000

I wish Catwoman had bombed better... with that opening it's still capable of pulling just under $20 this weekend..... even a 20 mil weekend is ALOT less than other "comic" openers... even Hulk and Daredevil opened much higher(62 and 45 respectively).

Bourne's opening assures that the 3rd book should be heavily rewritten to become a 3rd movie.

Trevelyon

DarienA said:
3rd CATWOMAN - $6,250,000

mission_accomplished.jpg

DMczaf

I wish Catwoman had bombed better... with that opening it's still capable of pulling just under $20 this weekend..... even a 20 mil weekend is ALOT less than other "comic" openers... even Hulk and Daredevil opened much higher(62 and 45 respectively).

CATWOMAN
Production Budget: $100 million

When you have a $100 mil budget, this is a MAJOR bomb. ;)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
DarienA said:
THE BOURNE SUPREMACY - $19,000,000
Now that's how you do a franchise. The Bourne Identity did $27 million its first weekend and Supremacy is certainly going to top that. Clearly the first one had some good word of mouth going on and people have picked up on it since its theatrical run.

Meier

Totally shocked at Bourne Supremacy's number. I thought the predictions of 40+ million were outlandish from Box Offiece Mojo and the HSX price.. and here's it's on target for a 55 million dollar weekend. Craziness. The theatre reports pegged it at 19-20 million and it looks like they were spot-on.

Memles

Forecasts for Bourne ranged from Mid 30s to Mid 40s, and it might well reach mid-50s. I enjoyed what I saw of the first film, and it's nice to see Catwoman bomb.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
DMczaf said:
CATWOMAN
Production Budget: $100 million

When you have a $100 mil budget, this is a MAJOR bomb. ;)

That makes me feel much better... YES!

Does this mean Halle Berry is going to have the worst opening weekend of a comic book movie in recent memory?

The only movie I see that close is:

LXG
Budget
$78,000,000
Opening Weekend
$23,075,892

Hmm who do you think she's going to blame the failure of the movie on?

Outlaw said:

Honestly, I dunno. I found it on an animated gifs site, removed a few frames to make it loop better and fell in love with it.

It's not me, by the way. I don't have quite that much Joie de Vivre.

AssMan

Banned
Rewrite the book for the 3rd film? I might misread your post, but you do know the auther wrote like, 12 books on the Bourne right?

suaveric

AssMan said:
Rewrite the book for the 3rd film? I might misread your post, but you do know the auther wrote like, 12 books on the Bourne right?

Actually, the author only wrote three Bourne books- Identity, Supremacy and Ultimatum. Athough the author's family did give the OK for a new book to be writen, the recently published Legacy.

What's he's refering to is the fact that the movies has very little to do with the books of the same name. Basically they just have the same main character, Jason Bourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom