• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

BeeDog

go309.jpg

What the hell is going on on the second TV screen? You can see Kratos' blades flailing around, but then you see this big-ass fucking creepy head in the background. :lol Is it Poseidon?

J-Rzez

mr_nothin said:
:lol I was JUST thinking that. The guy has some credibility but ppl just like to say he's BS all the time and when he's right...they refuse to eat the crow.

"Bungie art dev says KillZone 2 can be done on 360" - HHG.

That may have done him in to some people.

I'm not doubting the guy gets his fair share of inside info, but he's no more credible than the next.

God I hope I find a new TV before this game comes out.

Hyphen

Well I guess this thread might as well be called "thread of spoilers" like the other one. I had zoned out on what characters would make an appearance in the game. Luckily I scrolled passed the pics without focussing on them, but I guess now I can expect to see
Poseidon
in the game.

Time to leave this thread for good...

Really you're upset you saw Poseidon in the game? A game about Greek gods. That's part of a series here he's appeared twice before? Well colour me shocked. That is most definitely a spoiler of epic proportions.

Cyberia

This might play just like the old God of War games, but it looks nothing like them. It hardly looks like anything else on the market. I haven't been this impressed by wild camera tricks and raw visual fidelity since Uncharted 2, and you know how that turned out.

I wouldn't have believed everything I saw was running in real time unless Sony had explicitly said it was. It wasn't the texture quality or exacting level of geometric detail that impressed me but more the way the action was presented. There are times during that fight between Kratos and the crabby seahorse that the camera rapidly draws back seemingly a mile into the sky, until our Spartan hero is barely a few reddish pixels against a sea of grey ones. Then it flies back down to ground level again in a matter of seconds, and you're back to swinging those flaming chain blades again. Sometimes, you resume control of Kratos before you even realize it, simply because video game cameras aren't supposed to go this crazy while you're actually playing the game. But here they do.

Every time a God of War game comes out, I wonder how the designers will be able to come up with something gorier and more unsettling than the last time. It seems they've not only done that, but found possibly the best use ever for pushing in two analog sticks at the same time.

I can say right now that if more God of War is what you crave, you can probably skip the reviews and go straight to grabbing this on release day. Otherwise, my snap judgement is that in terms of sheer visual spectacle, this is on a whole different plane than other recent character-driven action games, but of course we'll need to see more of it before making firmer statements.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/hands-on-with-the-first-few-minutes-of-god-of-war-iii/1891/

RavenFox

Banned
BeeDog said:
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/352/113/go309.jpg[/im]

What the hell is going on on the second TV screen? You can see Kratos' blades flailing around, but then you see this big-ass fucking creepy head in the background. :lol Is it Poseidon?[/QUOTE]
Plus a O QTE in the lower right hand corner.

-Winnie-

BeeDog said:
go309.jpg

What the hell is going on on the second TV screen? You can see Kratos' blades flailing around, but then you see this big-ass fucking creepy head in the background. :lol Is it Poseidon?

Fuck this shit, I just got a flashback of seeing (MGS4 SPOILERS!!!)
that offscreen shot of Big Boss being alive in MGS4
like a month before release.

Cruzader

Banned
Fuck, this is a no spoiler zone. No new pics here please. Also stop giving away so many details. "Hey guys look in this video Kratos does X,Y,Z to Zues and then blah blah blah...EPIC. Also first person kill!!!"

Like are you serious? first person kill? Great else something spoiled. I honestly didnt know there was such a thing till now.

Majmun

I stopped watching after 30 second or so. Somehow I stopped myself from watching it any further.. It was hard, but I did it.

Torrod

Neo Member
Simo said:
New gameplay video but watchout HUGE SPOILERS as showcases the Poseidon boss fight seen the off-camera snaps and spoils the First Person Kill...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRCSvgnQGwM&feature=player_embedded#

For those who care what is said in the video:

About 10 Hours of Gameplay
imprecise controls
impressive quick time events
no cgi, everithing in-game.
best visuals ever seen on the playstation 3
Lots of new weapons with magic-features
challenging puzzles
Technical issues and boring parts :)lol )
Hell looks more interesting in Dantes Inferno (they actually compare one level against a whole game)

Bossfights later in the game
race against hermes with moving grounds

spats

Audioboxer87 said:
We time travelled into the future, remember? Leap year bug? PS3 upgraded to 16 SPUs confirmed.

Man, was just about to post this.

Not touching the new gameplay vids with a 6-foot stick.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Cruzader said:
Fuck, this is a no spoiler zone. No new pics here please. Also stop giving away so many details. "Hey guys look in this video Kratos does X,Y,Z to Zues and then blah blah blah...EPIC. Also first person kill!!!"

Like are you serious? first person kill? Great else something spoiled. I honestly didnt know there was such a thing till now.
First person kill? What?

Top Bottom