• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered forces PSN login for PC users if they decide to upgrade

pudel

The outrage makes no sense, if you don't want PSN just don't buy the upgrade lmfao.

(Also you've already spread 'em for Epic, GOG, UPlay, EA, Battle.net etc etc etc, literally hilarious how one more account is somehow a problem)
Nah, its hilarious that I buy a game in one store of my choice and than need to login to another, completely useless, store...to be able to start the game.

Astray

Nah, its hilarious that I buy a game in one store of my choice and than need to login to another, completely useless, store...to be able to start the game.
You don't NEED to login to another if you don't buy you absolute mongoloid. If you WANT the remaster then you have to spread your cheeks a little further is all. It's simple really.

I swear PCMR has generated some of the worst groupthink specimens in all of gaming.

pudel

You don't NEED to login to another if you don't buy you absolute mongoloid. If you WANT the remaster then you have to spread your cheeks a little further is all. It's simple really.
I know this....thanks for telling me what is 1+1! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

sachos

Do these PSN requirement mean these single player games are actually online only now on PC? IF yes, then fuck that.

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

I don't think you truly understand what they are doing and why then. PCMR will be secondary to Playstation at the end of the day. The financials make that so. Don't fall for the corporate speak. MAUs is something that companies like to show to investors. PC gamers are part of Sony's MAUs by creating and using those newly created PSN logins.

Bojji

I swear PCMR has generated some of the worst groupthink specimens in all of gaming.

Are you fucking retarded? You always complain about PC people (even in PC specific threads) but shill for Sony everywhere.

People don't want another useless login, option is fine but required? Fuck that. Sony already lost tons of money and customers over this stupid battle.
There are no benefits for consumers of SP games other than trophies and guess what? Most people don't give a shit.

Senua

Gold Member
I don't think you truly understand what they are doing and why then. PCMR will be secondary to Playstation at the end of the day. The financials make that so. Don't fall for the corporate speak. MAUs is something that companies like to show to investors. PC gamers are part of Sony's MAUs by creating and using those newly created PSN logins.
PCMR this, green rat that. Can't we all just get along, Sony bros?

Eyes Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Astray

I know this....thanks for telling me what is 1+1! :messenger_tears_of_joy:
You clearly don't or you wouldn't be screeching about something you don't have to buy.

The thing I was telling you about is the difference between WANT and NEED.

Are you fucking retarded? You always complain about PC people (even in PC specific threads) but shill for Sony everywhere.

People don't want another useless login, option is fine but required? Fuck that. Sony already lost tons of money and customers over this stupid battle.
There are no benefits for consumers of SP games other than trophies and guess what? Most people don't give a shit.
1) I have criticized Sony on many occasions, Valve too.

2) You don't want it, you shouldn't buy it. Not everything needs your outrage, and certainly not when you've already opened up wide for launchers from half the industry.

3) PCMR people have proven to be as retarded as any other consumer group in gaming, the real difference that separates them from the rest is the elitist attitude, like they know better than every other gamer, yet they consistently fall for developer scams and buy dumb overpriced shit like the rest of us (actually even more for the 1st category).

Last edited:

pudel

You clearly don't or you wouldn't be screeching about something you don't have to buy.

The thing I was telling you about is the difference between WANT and NEED.
If I need to do something that I dont want....I dont buy. Got it!
But its a loose/loose situation for everyone. Not sure if thats worth it or even necessary.

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
At this point Sony should just have its own store on PC instead of trying to make Steam a "Playstation" store.
They should just isolated from PC entirely.

It's as though Sony and the others are torn between losing some control but can't resist the additional money from PC players. Play ball or take that ball and go home.
The PC money is starting to stop be "additional" and is just becoming a watered down swap.

Sorcerer

They should just isolated from PC entirely.

The PC money is starting to stop be "additional" and is just becoming a watered down swap.
True, you sell a game for the console, or you sell it for the pc. But you don't get to sell it twice to the same individual. Jeff Gertsmann on his latest podcast was saying Sony's only motivation for bringing games is PC is to draw those players into Sony's eco-system so they will want the sequels to the games they make available on PC and hopefully they will end up with a PS5 or PS6 in the future.
So, Sony is trying to starve PC players of their games once they get a taste? I don't think that is going to work. I think most PC players are pretty much take it or leave it types. In other words, I may play in on PC if you bring it there, but it's not enough to draw me into buying your console.

ElFenomeno

Big deal, cry me a river.
Where was everyone when I was buying Xbox games with VPN using an account with a London hotel address? :messenger_beaming:

onQ123

Wait if it's a unnecessary remaster that people are annoyed by why would they buy it in the 1st place? That article doesn't even make sense

Fess

True, you sell a game for the console, or you sell it for the pc. But you don't get to sell it twice to the same individual.
I’ve done more double dips than I want to admit….
But I do it because I’m trying to pull out of consoles and I try to buy second time on sale, Playstation publisher sale on Steam couple weeks ago was nice.
Please don’t ask me why I preordered to Pro 😵‍💫

Sorcerer

I’ve done more double dips than I want to admit….
But I do it because I’m trying to pull out of consoles and I try to buy second time on sale, Playstation publisher sale on Steam couple weeks ago was nice.
Please don’t ask me why I preordered to Pro 😵‍💫
I've done it also transitioning, sometimes you just want that game you loved in your current library. Some games are worth it.

awwr999999

Neo Member
True, you sell a game for the console, or you sell it for the pc. But you don't get to sell it twice to the same individual. Jeff Gertsmann on his latest podcast was saying Sony's only motivation for bringing games is PC is to draw those players into Sony's eco-system so they will want the sequels to the games they make available on PC and hopefully they will end up with a PS5 or PS6 in the future.
So, Sony is trying to starve PC players of their games once they get a taste? I don't think that is going to work. I think most PC players are pretty much take it or leave it types. In other words, I may play in on PC if you bring it there, but it's not enough to draw me into buying your console.
It's idiocy. They should've thought this strategy through to its logical conclusion and realized that it's a non-starter.
The only selling point PlayStation has is the DualSense. It's the biggest PS innovation since the DualShock 2 but without a shitload of good PS exclusives the patent will expire before anyone realizes how great it is.

Top Bottom