• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Please tell me how.

Go to friend list, search for them. When their gamertag profile page pops up, send message.

If you forgot their name, just look at the replay of your matches to see their gamertag.

Not as easy or convenient as 360, but manageable.

Silky

Banned
That's also how I felt about Orchid's classic but it seems they did go back and make some improvements there. Classic Sabre though? I don't think there is any hope on it being anything but an abomination. Feel bad for Sabre fans.

That's because they went with the worst KI design for Sabrewulf honestly. They would've been better off using KI2 Sabrewulf or hell even Sabreman Sabrewulf

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That's because they went with the worst KI design for Sabrewulf honestly. They would've been better off using KI2 Sabrewulf or hell even Sabreman Sabrewulf

It's more whatever they did to his face. Especially when the win animation zooms into it, lol.

I do hope they tweak some stuff like they did to Orchid. It's nice to see them atleast making new models for these instead of just clothes to put on.

T.O.P

Banned
Well, spent 2 hour in ranked last night

90% of the time just searching for someone

the only 7-8 matches i had were with the same guy over and over again

fix this shit DH thank you

it never took over 30 sec to find someone before this patch :/

.la1n

I really want to get a stick for this game. Is the MadCatz stick the only one that works with XB1?

There are other options available. You can mod a current gen stick if you have one available, there are guides online. There is also the Cronus that you can look into that is an adapter based solution. I would personally recommend going the modded route if you already own a stick for 360/PS3, it's the cheapest solution and is pretty simple.

biRdy

Well, spent 2 hour in ranked last night

90% of the time just searching for someone

the only 7-8 matches i had were with the same guy over and over again

fix this shit DH thank you

it never took over 30 sec to find someone before this patch :/

I think has to do with the system they added in order to try to match you up with someone of similar rank. If I remember correctly it only looks for people close to your rank than every minute if a match isn't found it starts expanding the search.

Requiem

There are other options available. You can mod a current gen stick if you have one available, there are guides online. There is also the Cronus that you can look into that is an adapter based solution. I would personally recommend going the modded route if you already own a stick for 360/PS3, it's the cheapest solution and is pretty simple.

Can you point me in the right direction

.la1n

Can you point me in the right direction

http://cronusmax.com/

If you are looking for the easy adapter solution.

As for the modded stick option just do a quick search on YouTube or Google and it should give you what you need to get started. Shoryuken.com has a few threads dedicated to the subject as well if I am not mistaken.

edit: I should also note that if you have the available funds the official MadCatz KI stick is great, just a little overpriced imo.

Requiem

http://cronusmax.com/

If you are looking for the easy adapter solution.

As for the modded stick option just do a quick search on YouTube or Google and it should give you what you need to get started. Shoryuken.com has a few threads dedicated to the subject as well if I am not mistaken.

edit: I should also note that if you have the available funds the official MadCatz KI stick is great, just a little overpriced imo.

Thanks...I'll look into these tonight

What about season 2???

Yea, I'm getting seriously bummed. I'm sure they'll talk about it soon. I hope MS has them under some sort of contract to finish the roster up. A half roster KI with no clear future is a game that dies inside of the next 4 months without some real news.

Silky

Banned
Best case scenario:

KI and Strider team leave Double Helix, form own development team, continues work on KI as first party MS studio.

Worst case scenario:

Clay Fighter for Android devices.

wtf! dammit i bought an xbone for KI and i'm loving it so far.... this will bum me out and i'll probably sell the bone if KI content is dropped altogether. even if it goes to another in-house developer will they have the fantastic design vision that DH has for this game? for shame

biRdy

Best case scenario:

KI and Strider team leave Double Helix, form own development team, continues work on KI as first party MS studio.

Worst case scenario:

Clay Fighter for Android devices.

No KI your too young(KI 3) to leave us!

Kriaser

Thanks...I'll look into these tonight

If you're using a dual modded stick, don't bother with the cronus unless they clearly state on the forums they fixed the board reading problem with them. And if they say that, tell me, and I'll test mine out for you.

Timu

From the link:

"Amazon says that Double Helix’s current lineup of games and other future developments will be supported, following the acquisition."

I hope they stay true to their word.

m23

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/431285692887351296

jLgxvqVyX8yst.png

Phil Spencer's response. I guess they have a plan.

getting into the meat of the game and just trying to focus on one guy so i've been using spinal with some success. i just lost a ranked where saberwulfs running hard kick move went THROUGH my shadow move! wtf!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
this transition may have been known for a very long time, actually.

just thinking about it.... i remember when they were saying the amount of polls or whatever they would be doing to help solidify the game direction but those polls never came...

like shadow jago, for instance.

all the streams but orchid has been held by MS, not DH. That could just be coincidence though because all the people on those streams are MS employees. (Torin, Adam, Ken, Vulcan)

I'm wondering if they're going to open up a new site for KI fans since it sounds like the DH forums will be giving us the boot

Kriaser

Can anyone direct me toward some accurate frame data? I would like to solidify my spinal gameplay with some frame traps and safer setups...

Spades

1) I hope this stays a MS exclusive
2) I hope they don't fuck up the second season

Does anyone know any sales figures for the game so far? I wonder if based on those numbers, it wasn't worth MS fighting over?

Nemesis_

I had a dream that they released a new batch of classic costumes and the one they released for Sadira was actually Kim Wu's and they basically confirmed that she somehow turned into Sadira.

It was a weird dream.

brettreyu

Spencer's tweets about KI are certainly good news and provide some relief. Lets be real too, none of us know exactly how much Double Helix is responsible for the current state of KI. Microsoft could have always put some "top men" on it to help them finish and ended up contributing a lot more than originally planned.

.la1n

I would like to say this news bums me out but it doesn't. It actually gives me more hope for the franchise going forward than if it was being left in Double Helix's hands. They were able to deliver a core fighting game that was pretty great but now hopefully Microsoft can get a more experienced team together that can be more consistent.

brettreyu

I would like to say this news bums me out but it doesn't. It actually gives me more hope for the franchise going forward than if it was being left in Double Helix's hands. They were able to deliver a core fighting game that was pretty great but now hopefully Microsoft can get a more experienced team together that can be more consistent.

I think this is a great point.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I kind of agree, though I'm still hoping MS at least managed to keep some of the core DH guys who designed the fighting engine.

To me DH's biggest weak points were art direction. I said in the other thread that though Fulgore and Spinal look incredible I really havnt been satisfied with a lot of the designs in this game..particularly new/old Sabrewulf, the classic costumes, accessories and UI. A little new blood here may not be a bad thing.

Top Bottom