• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegiHam

now you're just compounding the embarrassment tbh.

You're probably right, but I'm holding firm in the belief that nobody needed a full explanation of some kind of competition for GTSpinoff on stage.

I liked Gravity Rush 2; but it was a lot of stuff I don't care about.

Kevyt

No, it was terrible. Tons of shit we've seen, boring car game for like 20 mins, cool bear stuff, melodramatic robot.

On an unrelated note, I've embarrassed myself so much lately that I feel like the only practical solution is to jump of a bridge.

What no... That would be every Nintendo conference and M$'s.

Detroit Become human looks amazing. Wild looks good. New VR games, including one from Crytek.

UC4 Multiplayer!!

Horizon zero dawn looking fun and amazing (though the frame rate) and did I mention UC4 Multiplayer?? :D

I'm sold. Sony is the best. o/

You're probably right, but I'm holding firm in the belief that nobody needed a full explanation of some kind of competition for GTSpinoff on stage.

I liked Gravity Rush 2; but it was a lot of stuff I don't care about.

I'm banking on this in the hopes that you won't explain what any of these things are.

(you mispelled off in the post I quoted, lol).

VegiHam

What no... That would be every Nintendo conference and M$'s.

Detroit Become human looks amazing. Wild looks good. New VR games, including one from Crytek.

UC4 Multiplayer!!

Horizon zero dawn looking fun and amazing (though the frame rate) and did I mention UC4 Multiplayer?? :D

I'm sold. Sony is the best. o/
Wild and Horizon were cool; but I'm not sold on VR at all, don't really play multi-player stuff and Detroit looked cool but the narration was a total turn off. Too cliche.
I'm banking on this in the hopes that you won't explain what any of these things are.

(you mispelled off in the post I quoted, lol).
Any of what things? I'm not following? I can't see bold typeface well, if that helps, but I'm sorry my spelling is bad.

Kevyt

I'm sure it was a good joke and I'm just dumb! :D

...IDK man I just need a hug.

Hug!! :3
tumblr_nqolamD6iU1swk8e0o1_400.gif

Also, what's wrong?

VegiHam

no i dum, I have no wit today.

and maybe someone will offer you a hug.
Maybe, yeah. ;)
Hug!! :3
tumblr_nqolamD6iU1swk8e0o1_400.gif

Also, what's wrong?
Haha, cool picture! I'm just more insecure these last few days than I have been in years. Feel like a total failure, and like all my friends are too cool for me and just hang around out of pity, and so on. Normally I know how to cope but it's been a while since I felt like this.

Haha, cool picture! I'm just more insecure these last few days than I have been in years. Feel like a total failure, and like all my friends are too cool for me and just hang around out of pity, and so on. Normally I know how to cope but it's been a while since I felt like this.

You might be depressed, these are the kind thoughts I'd have when I was depressed.

Kevyt

No, sorry.

Fight me!

Maybe, yeah. ;)

It's a gif Vegi...

Also. What makes you think that? Don't think like that.

If they really are your friends, they'll hang out with you not because of pity but because they are your friends and that's what friends do (solid logic, amirite? :D lol).

But seriously, don't feel like a failure. It's an awful feeling. Focus on achieving short term goals. :)

VegiHam

You might be depressed, these are the kind thoughts I'd have when I was depressed.
...that's probaly worth looking into. How would one know if one were depressed?
[It's a gif Vegi...

Also. What makes you think that? Don't think like that.

If they really are your friends, they'll hang out with you not because of pity but because they are your friends and that's what friends do (solid logic, amirite? :D lol).

But seriously, don't feel like a failure. It's an awful feeling. Focus on achieving short term goals. :)
Argh I can't get anything right :p

I dunno what's making me feel it, it's just a feeling I can't shake lately like everyone'd be happier if I went away. But yeah, solid logic.

Now isn't the time for short term goals though! I'm in the last year of uni, now's the time to plan my whole life.

Kevyt

I dunno what's making me feel it, it's just a feeling I can't shake lately like everyone'd be happier if I went away. But yeah, solid logic.

Now isn't the time for short term goals though! I'm in the last year of uni, now's the time to plan my whole life.

One small step at a time! ;)

But that's great.

It can be hard to tell. For me I had a consistently low affect for so long it basically became my autobiographical reality. Eventually I found some ways of (weakly) counteracting it and I built up an understanding of the weird kind of disrupted mood axis/continuum that I was on. For me personally depression is very much an anxiety thing, and there's some other stuff, too. You just sort of develop an understanding of the terrain after a while and the sum total of the "two steps forward one step back" process over moderate lengths of time has you eventually making some progress or gaining some perspective or whatever.

But in general I think it's extremely common. Humans have the longest developmental phases of any animal, which makes us extra vulnerable to flubbing it up, and no one really teaches us how to think when we're kids so we develop shitty bandaid solutions that half-solve problems and they just compound over a lifetime until our ability to regulate our moods or have a positive outlook just goes 'fuck it I'm done'. I think it's extremely normal.

The only solution I know is to try to understand yourself. Not even for the reason of 'getting better', like it's a test you can cram for to get a passing grade. I think you try to understand your responses to things for the sake of understanding them, with the knowledge that you'll eventually be happier for it if you can really 'know thyself' or whatever. I can't think of a non-cliche way of saying that, but for me it seems like a lot of my problems stem from trying not to have to acknowledge something, so then the obvious solution is to shine a light on it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Is this stressing you out? I think it's not uncommon for the end of one's time at a university to bring out a lot of emotions.

My own experience in case you find it relatable:

The end of university stressed me out. I had no clue what I wanted to do, and yet all my friends were getting their job offers and grad school acceptance letters while I just tried to survive my classes. Something I was repeatedly told by people older than me: you are not choosing the rest of your life; you are choosing the next step. They told me to go for what appeals to me now and learn from it. It seems like good advice to me.

I'm sure it was a good joke and I'm just dumb! :D

...IDK man I just need a hug.

Aww. :( Here's a big hug from me. :)

Don't think about the big picture right now as others have said. Just try focusing on that next step and hopefully the rest will follow. :)

Thanks. We've been through a lot early on, we never really got around to the early fun "dating" side of things since the second month of our relationship started with him losing his nephew and having to retire as a flight attendant. We had to work really hard and kinda got thrust into things seriously but now we both have this off time to just date and enjoy things now that they aren't so heavy and have both kinda settled into our ways and ourselves. There's nothing quite like cracking open a beer with him and talking for hours. Here's a pic of us. Ugh, I'm so in love still.

VERONICA CORNINGSTONE AND I HAD SEX AND WE ARE IN LOOOOOVE!!!!

VegiHam

One small step at a time! ;)

But that's great.
Whoop, gradual progress!
It can be hard to tell. For me I had a consistently low affect for so long it basically became my autobiographical reality. Eventually I found some ways of (weakly) counteracting it and I built up an understanding of the weird kind of disrupted mood axis that I was on. For me personally depression is very much an anxiety thing, and there's some other stuff, too. You just sort of develop an understanding of the terrain after a while and the sum total of the "two steps forward one step back" process over moderate lengths of time has you eventually making some progress or gaining some perspective or whatever.

But in general I think it's extremely common. Humans have the longest developmental phases of any animal, which makes us extra vulnerable to flubbing it up, and no one really teaches us how to think when we're kids so we develop shitty bandaid solutions that half-solve problems and they just compound over a lifetime until our ability to regulate our moods or have a positive outlook just goes 'fuck it I'm done'. I think it's extremely normal.

The only solution I know is to try to understand yourself. Not even for the reason of 'getting better', like it's a test you can cram for to get a passing grade. I think you try to understand your responses to things for the sake of understanding them, with the knowledge that you'll eventually be happier for it if you can really 'know thyself' or whatever. I can't think of a non-cliche way of saying that, but for me it seems like a lot of my problems stem from trying not to have to acknowledge something, so then the obvious solution is to shine a light on it.
See, when I was a teenager I felt the way I do right now a lot. And then I got over it all. Or, at least, I though I had. But lately all my self confidence has fallen apart again. So I'm finding it really difficult to work out my own mood axis and figure how I ought to be feeling. I'm really glad to know I'm not alone with this, maybe, if my thing and your thing are the same thing. I though I knew myself, see, but now I'm concerned maybe I don't.

...I feel like this is an inadequate response to your post, sorry. It's just a lot to think about...
Is this stressing you out? I think it's not uncommon for the end of one's time at a university to bring out a lot of emotions.

My own experience in case you find it relatable:

The end of university stressed me out. I had no clue what I wanted to do, and yet all my friends were getting their job offers and grad school acceptance letters while I just tried to survive my classes. Something I was repeatedly told by people older than me: you are not choosing the rest of your life; you are choosing the next step. They told me to go for what appeals to me now and learn from it. It seems like good advice to me.
It's only the beginning of the end but yeah, I'm stressed. A lot of that is cus unlike most people I don't have 'move back home' as an option. Unless I sort myself out I'm homeless come June. I don't know if I ought to go back to my hometown for work or move somewhere else or study more or what. I like the idea of thinking of it as just the next step though. I guess if I make the wrong choice I can always just rechoose, right? no need to worry! Thanks Kirby.
Aww. :( Here's a big hug from me. :)

Don't think about the big picture right now as others have said. Just try focusing on that next step and hopefully the rest will follow. :)
Heh, thanks Abso. I guess I'm thinking too much.

LOCK

Guys, while we all are lifting each other's spirits, keep a few fingers and toes crossed for me!

I'm anticipating a job offer! Wish me luck.

Guys, while we all are lifting each other's spirits, keep a few fingers and toes crossed for me!

Best of luck to you, wish you nothing but the best.

And speaking of lifting each other up I want some advice about something.

I'm adopted, have been since birth and last year my "siblings" found me via facebook we were all separated cause our biological mom was an addict.

At any rate I met them and invited them to thanksgiving they never came or left me a text.
So after that I had a fuck you stance about it.

One of my sisters left a message on my FB wall acting so damn offended I don't call.

I don't feel obligated to do so as they left me hanging, am I being too harsh?.

Bladenic

I'm adopted, have been since birth and last year my "siblings" found me via facebook we were all separated cause our biological mom was an addict.

At any rate I met them and invited them to thanksgiving they never came or left me a text.

One of my sisters left a message on my FB wall acting so damn offended I don't call.

Uh no. If you invited them to a major gathering and they didn't give any sign of life AND the best one of them can do is post a Facebook post, then no you're not being harsh. Telephone works both ways especially if this is the first time they've contacted you since then.

Uh no. If you invited them to a major gathering and they didn't give any sign of life AND the best one of them can do is post a Facebook post, then no you're not being harsh. Telephone works both ways especially if this is the first time they've contacted you since then.

Only one tried to talk to me and yeah I got nothing during that time.
I just don't understand why the hell they sought me out just to pull this crap.

3phemeral

Good luck, boo.

svlNr8S.gif

Only one tried to talk to me and yeah I got nothing during that time.
I just don't understand why the hell they sought me out just to pull this crap.

I was going to say that maybe such a big event might be a little too much at once but, I mean, no text or form of contact to apologize? Doesn't feel to me like they prioritized you at all. I agree that I don't think you're being rude so if they want another chance, they need to make a concerted effort and not hide behind Facebook messages.

See, when I was a teenager I felt the way I do right now a lot. And then I got over it all. Or, at least, I though I had. But lately all my self confidence has fallen apart again. So I'm finding it really difficult to work out my own mood axis and figure how I ought to be feeling. I'm really glad to know I'm not alone with this, maybe, if my thing and your thing are the same thing. I though I knew myself, see, but now I'm concerned maybe I don't.

...I feel like this is an inadequate response to your post, sorry. It's just a lot to think about...

I don't think that people really get over stuff, sometimes we just accumulate enough practice to effortlessly do the things that we used to struggle with before, but our problems are largely internal, so the conditions precipitating them are still present within us. You just start to build a network of knowledge or understanding surrounding it, so you see it for what it is, and have the knowledge that different habits make you happier, so it does become easy in many ways... but that accumulated 'habit energy' that enabled you to fall into a bad pattern is still there, it's just like riding a bike!

In a way it's not really a big deal though, everyone has shit to deal with in life, and our experiences shape us and teach us stuff. If you wanted to empathize with people struggling with something like this, you might need to sort of understand their suffering, it's all just another facet of being human, it's all kind of useful and valuable stuff in a weird way.

I was going to say that maybe such a big event might be a little too much at once but, I mean, no text or form of contact to apologize? Doesn't feel to me like they prioritized you at all. I agree that I don't think you're being rude so if they want another chance, they need to make a concerted effort and not hide behind Facebook messages.

You and Bladenic are right, and that's exactly how I felt at least a text would've been common courtesy.

I don't feel like I owe them much and this guilt trip one of them is trying to pull isn't helping them.

LOCK

What about crossing swords? Does that bring luck?
Always
I'm feeling lifted already.

Thanks!

So my grandma was adopted and found out later in life. When she found out in the 80's she visited her mom and brothers and sisters. They got along well but never became close. A few years ago my great grandma died, my grandmas adopted mother, and so my grandma after grief sought to reconnect with her biological mom. To her disappointment her biological mom died a few months before as well and nobody tried to contact her. This almost destroyed her and she said it was her fault they never sought a relationship. However, the youngest brother started to talk to my grandma probably in his own grief as well and slowly they have developed a strong bond. It's amazing because I suddenly have another Uncle who is shockingly very cool. My grandmas other siblings are in touch with her now and they are slowly getting to know each other. Some don't seem to care and some don't have the time but now they at least know each other exist and that's a start.

I'm not saying to go out of your way to get to know your siblings but also don't give up. You never know what life will send your way, and at least you can tell yourself you tried. It's not cool how they treated you and maybe you should tell them that, it seems like it has hurt your feelings if I'm not overly reading between the lines of your post.
Good luck, boo.

svlNr8S.gif
I love you guys lol

Dany

Banned
1 Year anniversary with this cutie is today <3 loving every moment of it.

ZKtEZm8zydvjxX_sEZALesD82SgXP1yTNa5QFtzA6S-s7dTnGyxfXhN-nk1OIhlwymr9vmLohS6ZPBGVNQeL3ZccVL8FLEoL5WeYg1v8e0DbEA5t15vLq52eugdF5wesxPkvb6sa_rRDTGB5796SghABP2lK9jU7R6GIz5tMlADuRXuUY9QPpHH1CY6BL5NMjjyYphop4Txg73GeYz4eJ6_XnknDOFmtw1rBCfU4OzMT4-GOX8U6TYdHTTvo2UY2o3lIHLG5IiAsAsuHpJjfQtjhFzNHQGsPbgbYRCqSNdz6RXGz2fb5fVkxQ1l4YrS6Arsz7mRKWZ0o3MBWaxdWXAV8NXYt9GCJAExFXb8Sv65CeG326Uv6yX79r684COit00D6iqsetz_H3oowu7AN2YKwdjo9_q4nwcil3tbrCmkxPcoZA2H2n1QrYKQlhq0RFbKfhUE1RO8Zxc3n400ImYFr4Sh2LESACJaoqjeh7l1vGO8fy3cAnRTpXUnMFxPCLWuJaG9hhU3whriAw1j44NRQyFyTQLvpz-3UKBfR5z1K=w960-h720-no

the picture is from our collective favorite time. valentines day, we went to the field meusum, walked around grant park and went up the john Hancock building during dusk.

Razmos

Aww, so many of you posting how happy you are with your boyfriends :3
I hate you all
;P

Seriously though i'm melting from the cuteness

Golnei

Aww, so many of you posting how happy you are with your boyfriends :3
I hate you all
;P

Once you disassociate yourself from the scenario by accepting that you have no other choice but to lead a life of celibate solitude and die an undignified and lonely death; it's a lot easier to prevent your own feelings from intruding while feeling happy for others.

berzeli

Banned
GLAAD released their "Where We Are on TV" report for 2015. Mostly good news actually, which is quite nice to see.
Highlights:
  • Of the 881 regular characters expected to appear on broadcast primetime programming in the coming year, 35 (4%) were identified as gay, lesbian, or bisexual. There were an additional 35 recurring LGB characters.
  • The number of regular LGBT characters counted on cable increased from 64 to 84, while recurring characters increased from 41 to 58.
  • For the first time, GLAAD counted LGBT characters on original series that premiered on Amazon, Hulu, and Netflix. GLAAD found 43 series regulars and 16 recurring LGBT characters across 23 series.
  • There are no transgender characters counted on primetime broadcast programming, while only three recurring trans characters were counted on cable (2%). Streaming series boast the highest percentage of trans characters at 7% (4) with two notably being series leads. Of the seven trans characters counted, only one was a transgender man.
  • Bisexual representations rose on both broadcast and cable this year with a notable increase (from 10 to 18) in the number of bisexual men appearing on cable programs. Unfortunately, many of these characters still fall into dangerous stereotypes about bisexual people.
  • All three programming platforms need to include more racially diverse LGBT characters. Overall racial diversity is moving in the right direction with 33% (287) of 881 regular characters counted on broadcast programming being people of color, which is a six-point increase from last year.
  • GLAAD found that 16% (145) of regular characters on broadcast programming will be Black; the highest percentage since GLAAD began compiling comprehensive racial data 11 years ago. However, Black women remain significantly underrepresented with only 59 of those characters being female.
  • This year, 43% of regular characters on primetime broadcast programming are women, which is an increase of three percentage points from last year but still greatly underrepresents women in the population.
  • For the first time in two years, the percentage of regular characters depicted as living with a disability on broadcast programming has dropped, down to 0.9% from 1.4% reported last year. Between broadcast and cable, there is only one recurring character who is depicted as HIV-positive (Oliver on ABC's How To Get Away With Murder)

Thanks!

So my grandma was adopted and found out later in life. When she found out in the 80's she visited her mom and brothers and sisters. They got along well but never became close. A few years ago my great grandma died, my grandmas adopted mother, and so my grandma after grief sought to reconnect with her biological mom. To her disappointment her biological mom died a few months before as well and nobody tried to contact her. This almost destroyed her and she said it was her fault they never sought a relationship. However, the youngest brother started to talk to my grandma probably in his own grief as well and slowly they have developed a strong bond. It's amazing because I suddenly have another Uncle who is shockingly very cool. My grandmas other siblings are in touch with her now and they are slowly getting to know each other. Some don't seem to care and some don't have the time but now they at least know each other exist and that's a start.

I'm not saying to go out of your way to get to know your siblings but also don't give up. You never know what life will send your way, and at least you can tell yourself you tried. It's not cool how they treated you and maybe you should tell them that, it seems like it has hurt your feelings if I'm not overly reading between the lines of your post.

You're welcome I hope it goes well.

And about "family" to me it takes a whole lot more than blood they slapped my hand when I offered it to form a connection.

I'm glad your family reconnected and knew the importance of togetherness but these people don't. Bayonetta brought up a point that instead of dropping that to my wall they could have called me or text me.

As Bladenic said communication is a two way street and i'm 27 we just met last year one time.
They're siblings in blood only and that's how I see it at this point.

Maybe if she wasn't seeking attention and called me if she were serious things might have been different. I have gone through too much already to let some strangers mess with my feelings.

I appreciate the advice and I wish it could have gone that way but it wont.

So I got this shitty laptop from Amazon for college and stuff but I for some reason bought the Humble Capcom bundle a while ago and I downloaded DmC yesterday. I was expecting my laptop to crash but it turns out the game actually runs! It's not even 30 FPS, more like 15-20 fps during heavy gameplay and 20-25 on areas with nothing going on around them. Still, I got it and a bunch of other games for 8 dollars! I was pretty surprised lol

3phemeral

I'm really liking Fallout 3. Even though it's still environmentally bland, and I ended up traversing some sewage system after I found a boy who wanted me to locate his missing father. I said fuck that and those fire ants and decided to explore. Ended up making it into some downtown district where I stumbled upon some seemingly blind muscle-daddy mutants with a backpack and huge gun.

I camped at a good distance and somehow, my lvl 3 noob status landed head shot after head shot (with 12% accuracy) and destroyed those sexy freaks. Though, before a reloaded save, I was so focused on one of them that I didn't notice the other one had taken its time sneaking up toward me, only for me to hear in this deep ass voice,"GOT YOU!" Literally scared the daylights out of me and while I ran, it blew me up with a missile. Also, fuck Centaurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom