• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII |OT| Toriyama's Bizarre Adventure

Jisgsaw

Alright, thanks for making me feel not-as-bad about my failure. I would rather do the main quests "in order", but if he's harder than the quest 4 and 5 bosses, might as well wait (and I read he doesn't get stronger as time goes by like the others?)

The first power up for enemies happens at day 7, I think you'll be finished with the other main quest by then.
Don't count too much on that shortcut though, I sure as hell didn't find it, had to takle the whole tower again.

That's really the biggest problem of the game: you think 12 days will be short, but in the end, you'll finished most doable (at least somewhat interesting) things by day 7 or 8.
So then it's 4 days wondering what you could be doing...

Well, all sidequests done in Luxerion, Yusnaan (except "Death Games" which I'm gonna finish tomorrow), Wildlands, and all but two done in Dead Dunes (one of which can't be completed in first playthrough and the other for beating Aeronite which I'm gonna do tomorrow). And like 75~ Canvas of Prayers quests completed as well. I'm honestly not sure if I'm gonna finish those. The ones I have left would just require killing a lot of enemies for drops, and I'm just not sure if I feel like doing those.

After I beat Aeronite and turn in that quest, I think I'm just gonna sleep in the Inn until Day 13. At first, I wanted to go around and kill a lot of Last Ones, but that is just incredibly boring... grinding on enemies over and over with little gain. I'll just kill the Last Ones in the
ultimate dungeon.

I'm halfway through main mission 4(completed 1,2 and 3. Working on 5) at the dead dunes and it's only midday on the third day. Plus I've done about 30 sidequests and 30 canvas things... Maybe I should have played normal difficulty.
Caius
was the hardest boss thus far.

Adaren

Been selling my medals, but what about the likes of Gold Dust or Platinum Ore? Are they safe to sell or are are they needed for a sidequest/Canvas somewhere?

They're safe to sell.

That's really the biggest problem of the game: you think 12 days will be short, but in the end, you'll finished most doable (at least somewhat interesting) things by day 7 or 8.
So then it's 4 days wondering what you could be doing...

I'm feeling the same way. I'm currently at the start of Day 12 but haven't really done anything of significance or managed my time since Day 7 or 8. I've finished every Canvas of Prayers and every completable side quest (I missed
the Luxerion phone quest and one of the fireworks ones in Yusnaan
) and killed every available Last One except for Hoplite and Skata'ne. I'm thinking that I'll just sleep through Day 12, because I'm honestly out of things to do!

Also, I'm at 73 hours played or something like that (and that's not counting all my reloads on Aeronite!). I'm not sure how I've managed to not complete the game in that time.

Is there anything that happens specifically on Day 12, such as new items in shops?

^Damn, 73 hours, lol. I feel like I've played a lot at 40 hours. I just kind of want to beat the game now. During the first 20 hours, I was really enjoying the game and planned on doing most everything, but after I ran out of main story quests and new areas to explore, my motivation to grind monsters for Last Ones, Canvas of Prayers, etc went away.

According to a website I visited, the last time a shop updates is Day 11.

----

Damn, there's actually a limit on how many abilities you can hold. :(

Man even reading about people playing this game is awesome xD. Didn't finish 13-2 yet but I will eventually lol. 13-3 is looking a lot better. I kinda like how it's only Lightning this time around and they still have the classic names for all the job classes like red mage and stuff like that.

I feel like the Lightning Returns really runs out of the steam far too soon. The pacing is all wonky because you can do the main story quests in mostly any order you want, and generally, you'll have 1-2 going at the same time (since some of them require lots of waiting around to progress the quests). I think it would have been better if they dropped the entire time limit and Day system they had in place. Or have the days tied to story directly (ie: after you beat ___'s main story mission, Day 1 ends, etc.) so that the pacing would make more sense. Finishing all the main story quests by Day 7 and having nothing much to do until Day 13/14 really breaks the flow of how the first 15-20 hours were where you would find new stuff to do constantly and new areas to explore.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I haven't been back because of Symphonia, but the amount of days separating events really gives time to look for certain drops. This is just an example of min-maxing though.

Shahed

I'm on Day 6 now. Bar briefly continuing a few sidequests, I slept through all of Day 5. Thought I'd rather carry on once enemies started dropping Malistones. I've nigh on ran out of stuff to do, and I'm just extincting the big monsters. Currently doing Zomok and only have Chocobo Eater left afterwards. Then I'll just sleep 5-6 days straight

As for Aeronite. Is it worth holding off on completing Dead Dunes Main Quest so I can take him on with some aassistance?

I'm on Day 6 now. Bar briefly continuing a few sidequests, I slept through all of Day 5. Thought I'd rather carry on once enemies started dropping Malistones. I've nigh on ran out of stuff to do, and I'm just extincting the big monsters. Currently doing Zomok and only have Chocobo Eater left afterwards. Then I'll just sleep 5-6 days straight

As for Aeronite. Is it worth holding off on completing Dead Dunes Main Quest so I can take him on with some aassistance?

I might try to farm some enemies now that I'm on Day 10 now (which is when they drop better stuff). I had planned on farming enemies a lot, but I kind of lost my motivation to do that. *shrug* Where is a good spot to extinct Chocobo Eater? Like what part of the Wildlands?

---

Well, if you wait until Day 7 (when Aeronite can spawn), the boss of the Dead Dunes main quest will get harder. I'm not sure if that's a worry for you or not. I don't know how valuable that character is in helping kill Aeronite, anyways.

Shahed

I might try to farm some enemies now that I'm on Day 10 now (which is when they drop better stuff). I had planned on farming enemies a lot, but I kind of lost my motivation to do that. *shrug* Where is a good spot to extinct Chocobo Eater? Like what part of the Wildlands?

---

Well, if you wait until Day 7 (when Aeronite can spawn), the boss of the Dead Dunes main quest will get harder. I'm not sure if that's a worry for you or not. I don't know how valuable that character is in helping kill Aeronite, anyways.
Just killed Aeronite. Died a few times until I learned timing for perfect guard. Spammed ethers and Overclock. Got zero stars but at least he's dead lol. I may as well have just killed Dead Dunes boss since the so called assistance was nothing. Still I doubt it will be too hard, but I guess I'll find out soon

I remember Chocobo Eaters being on Eremite plains, but after spending a while on Day 6 looking to extinct them (before they got more powerful), I gave up. Just gonna wait till Ultimate Dungeon now.

Almost done with the game. Finish Dead Dunes boss, and then sleep till the end. Will probably tie this game off today and move onto Symphonia HD

Nice job! I'm gonna try Aeronite today. I watched a couple videos - it doesn't look tooooo bad, but everything always looks easier in videos. :p

Anyone know what enemies drop Thundara? I want to farm some better Thundara's for my attempt of Aeronite.

Zafir

Nice job! I'm gonna try Aeronite today. I watched a couple videos - it doesn't look tooooo bad, but everything always looks easier in videos. :p

Anyone know what enemies drop Thundara? I want to farm some better Thundara's for my attempt of Aeronite.
I got Aeroras from gaunts (spelling) in luxerion graveyard. They work well against him aswell.

Hmm, I finally finished Bravely Default, and can't decide if I should start this or not... I know the second I get Dark Souls II this game will be lost in the wind

Shahed

Did die a few times figuring out the timing though! I could have probably been more efficient, but in the end couldn't be bothered since I had a decent stock of ethers and decided to cheat instead

I never got more Thundara's. I've literally only got 2. One from the chest in Luxerion, and another I forget. Same Story for Fira and Blizzara. Loads of Aerora's though

Dead Dunes boss down and all sidequests (bar Death Game) done. Is there anything else or am I free to sleep till the end?

I got Aeroras from gaunts (spelling) in luxerion graveyard. They work well against him aswell.

Oh thanks. I'll check that out as well. :)

Hmm, I finally finished Bravely Default, and can't decide if I should start this or not... I know the second I get Dark Souls II this game will be lost in the wind

If I were you, I'd wait until after you beat Dark Souls II before starting LR. I can't see you finishing the game (unless you rushed) before Dark Souls II released.

Did die a few times figuring out the timing though! I could have probably been more efficient, but in the end couldn't be bothered since I had a decent stock of ethers and decided to cheat instead

I never got more Thundara's. I've literally only got 2. One from the chest in Luxerion, and another I forget. Same Story for Fira and Blizzara. Loads of Aerora's though

Yeah, it's weird - I have SO many of certain other spells, but very few Thundaras.

---

So I have some 500,000 gil... what should I spend it on to prepare for the final things? Or should I save that gil for NG+?

Zafir

Did you buy the high strength sword which costs 360k? Can buy it from near the arena in Yusnaan. There's also a magic equivalent but I don't think it's quite as useful.

Shahed

Did you buy the high strength sword which costs 360k? Can buy it from near the arena in Yusnaan. There's also a magic equivalent but I don't think it's quite as useful.

Are they more powerful/useful than the weapons for extincting the Reavers and the Wildlands boss?

Mohasus

I killed some last orders but didn't pick up their unique items, is there something I can do other than a new playthrough?

Adaren

I feel like the Lightning Returns really runs out of the steam far too soon. The pacing is all wonky because you can do the main story quests in mostly any order you want, and generally, you'll have 1-2 going at the same time (since some of them require lots of waiting around to progress the quests). I think it would have been better if they dropped the entire time limit and Day system they had in place. Or have the days tied to story directly (ie: after you beat ___'s main story mission, Day 1 ends, etc.) so that the pacing would make more sense. Finishing all the main story quests by Day 7 and having nothing much to do until Day 13/14 really breaks the flow of how the first 15-20 hours were where you would find new stuff to do constantly and new areas to explore.

Yeah, I agree with a lot of your points. There are some things I really like about the time limit: it encourages you to execute a "schedule" and value your time instead of just passing hours in the inn, and this in turns makes the world feel much less game-y since you're playing every day to the fullest.

But I guess they didn't want to make the time limit too tight, and as a result you end up with quite a few days left over. In theory this isn't a problem since you can just sleep them off in an inn, but the game has practically trained you to not waste hours and make the most of every day. This results in you looking for ways to efficiently spend your time even when there's nothing of value left to do.

On a somewhat related note, I killed my final two Last Ones on Day 12. I think I really am out of tasks to complete now (except maxing Beat Down Lv. 3, but that shouldn't take too long).

According to the guide, Thundara is only dropped by Hanuman. 15% drop rate pre-stagger, 20% after stagger. Hanuman share an extinction count with Vali, so they go extinct really quickly too. :|

I killed some last orders but didn't pick up their unique items, is there something I can do other than a new playthrough?

Not that I know of. I missed a few of them too, including Sniper's Gloves. I wish they had made the item more noticeable or had some flashy effect to remind you to pick it up.

Loakum

Banned
I'm just repeatedly beating the first land over and over. I want to be complete BEASTMODE before I face anymore bosses. I did kick
Noel Kraus'
ass though.

Woot, just beat Aeronite. Took quite a few tries to get down the pattern of switching to Quiet Guardian to avoid his magic attacks. I used Quiet Guardian (-100% magic damage), Soldier of Peace (2200~ strength with Flesh Eater), and oddly enough, the Mi'qote garb. I mainly used the Mi'qote garb because Magic Slash (Max) does decent damage to him after staggered, and it'd be something good to use while waiting for Soldier of Peace's ATB to recharge. Was a pretty exciting fight. 5-starred it, too! Damn, the drop he gives... that seems crazy.
+70 ATB Recover going right on my Soldier of Peace :p

How hard is the
final boss of the Ultimate/Optional Dungeon? Any good strats or garbs I should use for it?

I saw that in the shop, but wasn't sure if it was worth the gil or not. It definitely has a lot of Strength. :)

Yeah, I agree with a lot of your points. There are some things I really like about the time limit: it encourages you to execute a "schedule" and value your time instead of just passing hours in the inn, and this in turns makes the world feel much less game-y since you're playing every day to the fullest.

But I guess they didn't want to make the time limit too tight, and as a result you end up with quite a few days left over. In theory this isn't a problem since you can just sleep them off in an inn, but the game has practically trained you to not waste hours and make the most of every day. This results in you looking for ways to efficiently spend your time even when there's nothing of value left to do.

Yeah, that's probably the problem really - the game trains you to use your time efficiently, so sleeping away 3-5 days after finishing the main story doesn't sit right with me. I feel like I should be doing something, lol.

According to the guide, Thundara is only dropped by Hanuman. 15% drop rate pre-stagger, 20% after stagger. Hanuman share an extinction count with Vali, so they go extinct really quickly too. :|

Bah! I JUST made that one go extinct like an hour ago. The drop rate on Thundara must be terrible... It probably wouldn't be so bad, but like you said, they go extinct quickly due to sharing "spawns" or whatever with the smaller monkeys. :/

----

Now... I can either sleep in the Inn until Day 13 or go around killing enemies... Not sure.

Shahed

If you can beat Aeronite, you can beat anyone. Just finished the game, and the end boss was a joke in comparison. Didn't even bother with any Ether's and had loads of EP left over

Time to clean up!

If you can beat Aeronite, you can beat anyone. Just finished the game, and the end boss was a joke in comparison. Didn't even bother with any Ether's and had loads of EP left over

Time to clean up!

Oh? Hmm. So many people said both
Caius
and the final boss were really hard, but tbh, I didn't have much trouble with the Main Story 3-3 boss. He went down relatively fast. I admit, he does a lot of damage, but I did his quest last, so I was able to kill him faster (due to better stats). I like how LR has a couple "end game" optional bosses. The reward from killing Aeronite is crazy good, too.

Speaking of optional bosses...

Was anyone else a bit miffed about FFXIII not letting you fight Titan? When I first got to Pulse and saw him, I was like "oh man, I can't wait to fight that!" Then it never let me... :(

---

So I slept in the Inn through half of Day 10, all of Day 11 and 12. So I'm on Day 13 now which means it's time for the
Ultimate Lair. Any advice on what items I should bring? My Recovery list looks like this: Elixir, Recovery, Turbo Ether, Turbo Ether, Turbo Ether, Turbo Ether, Phoenix Wing, Phoenix Wing, Phoenix Wing, Phoenix Wing
. Probably overkill on those items, but I'm prepared. :p

On Day 13, I like that you get new versions of
some of your first garbs. In particular, the original Savior/Equilibrium gets upgraded into Equilibrium+ which seems really good. Having ATB Recovery on other garbs while you do stuff on that one will be quite handy.

Garland7G

Oh? Hmm. So many people said both
Caius
and the final boss were really hard, but tbh, I didn't have much trouble with the Main Story 3-3 boss. He went down relatively fast. I admit, he does a lot of damage, but I did his quest last, so I was able to kill him faster (due to better stats). I like how LR has a couple "end game" optional bosses. The reward from killing Aeronite is crazy good, too.

Speaking of optional bosses...

Was anyone else a bit miffed about FFXIII not letting you fight Titan? When I first got to Pulse and saw him, I was like "oh man, I can't wait to fight that!" Then it never let me... :(

---

So I slept in the Inn through half of Day 10, all of Day 11 and 12. So I'm on Day 13 now which means it's time for the
Ultimate Lair. Any advice on what items I should bring? My Recovery list looks like this: Elixir, Recovery, Turbo Ether, Turbo Ether, Turbo Ether, Turbo Ether, Phoenix Wing, Phoenix Wing, Phoenix Wing, Phoenix Wing
. Probably overkill on those items, but I'm prepared. :p

On Day 13, I like that you get new versions of
some of your first garbs. In particular, the original Savior/Equilibrium gets upgraded into Equilibrium+ which seems really good. Having ATB Recovery on other garbs while you do stuff on that one will be quite handy.

You can warp in and out of that place so don't worry if you need to leave for some reason. But since you can't stop time inside there, remember to do so (if needed) if you ever leave to resupply.

You can warp in and out of that place so don't worry if you need to leave for some reason. But since you can't stop time inside there, remember to do so (if needed) if you ever leave to resupply.

Does it save your spot if you need to warp out? Like say I'm on Floor 20 and want to restock, if I warp out then back in, it'll take me back to Floor 20? I would actually like to fight most of the Last Ones on every floor if possible... assuming that gives me enough time to beat the boss of that place. Most of the Last Ones would die pretty quickly, I think.

Shahed

Probably could have done with a Hero's potion or two. I bought a couple at the Ark while sleeping days off for If you still have a save you can do that for Bravery, Faith and Haste. If not buy a Nektar or something from the Colosseum. Doesn't really matter though. Poison works really well in there against the boss on the last floor. You get plenty of time. Admittedly I did extinct all big monsters and a few randoms, but I was out of there by 2pm. Had more than half the day left. As for your floor reached? I never warped out so I'm not sure, but it won't matter. The floors are empty if you've already killed the Last One, so even if you had to do the floor again, all you'd do is run down the stairs and warp again

As much as I would have liked to have fought Titan, it isn't really feasible. He can easily swallow several Adamantoise at once, and the cast are probably smaller than their toenails lol.

Einbroch

Banned
Just got this a few days ago, and I'm actually really enjoying it! The time thing I thought would be a total bummer, but it's lenient enough and you can always spend EP to stop it anyway.

I do find it funny how every time Lightning says something obvious the person she's talking to is like "You're so smart!", makes me laugh.

Probably could have done with a Hero's potion or two. I bought a couple at the Ark while sleeping days off for If you still have a save you can do that for Bravery, Faith and Haste. If not buy a Nektar or something from the Colosseum. Doesn't really matter though. Poison works really well in there against the boss on the last floor. You get plenty of time. Admittedly I did extinct all big monsters and a few randoms, but I was out of there by 2pm. Had more than half the day left. As for your floor reached? I never warped out so I'm not sure, but it won't matter. The floors are empty if you've already killed the Last One, so even if you had to do the floor again, all you'd do is run down the stairs and warp again

As much as I would have liked to have fought Titan, it isn't really feasible. He can easily swallow several Adamantoise at once, and the cast are probably smaller than their toenails lol.

Ah yeah, forgot about one of those Nektars. Might go back a save and pick one up.

Well, the cast could have fought him on a ledge or something, lol. xD Would have still been cool.

hank_tree

Does it save your spot if you need to warp out? Like say I'm on Floor 20 and want to restock, if I warp out then back in, it'll take me back to Floor 20? I would actually like to fight most of the Last Ones on every floor if possible... assuming that gives me enough time to beat the boss of that place. Most of the Last Ones would die pretty quickly, I think.

It doesn't save your place but you can just warp back to where you were, 3 levels at a time. The Last Ones you killed stay dead.

Shahed

Just need to get a few more accessories to get my platinum. Was wondering though. Anyone kill Aeronite again on NG+? I wonder how much the ATB speed stats go up for his drop

Just need to get a few more accessories to get my platinum. Was wondering though. Anyone kill Aweonite again on NG+? I wonder how much the ATB speed stats go up for his drop

Falcon Charm - ATB Recovery +70
Strahl Charm - ATB Recovery +100
Highwind Charm - ATB Recovery +150

It doesn't save your place but you can just warp back to where you were, 3 levels at a time. The Last Ones you killed stay dead.

Oh okay. That makes sense.

Just need to get a few more accessories to get my platinum. Was wondering though. Anyone kill Aeronite again on NG+? I wonder how much the ATB speed stats go up for his drop

According to this site, 2nd kill is +100, 3rd kill is +150.

EDIT: beaten

Shahed

Thanks! I almost feel tempted to kill him again, but I iust got my plat and it's time to put this game, and the XIII trilogy to bed for me.

The battle systems were really good, and they had somw nice ideas here and there. While I still enjoyed the games, they are by far and away lesser Final Fantasy titles. But what annoys me more is that it's got the makings of something better, but they just missed their opportunity. If the first game came out with some of the better gameplay elements from it's sequels, was less on rails and had a better story, it would have changed a lot, and I doubt people would have minded the sequels.

The story was just nonsense. The first wasn't that bad. It's main problem was the story necessitated the bad game/level design, but it was alright self contained. But in an attempt at making something more meaningful out of it all and there were some pretty good bits involved, mainly Yuel, Noel and Caius stuff. But despite those it just became a convoluted mess, and my god that ending to Lightning Returns was downright awful. It overshadows and ruins what I thought was better character develpment for her in this game. For sequels no one supposedly wanted, Noel somehow became one of the better JRPG characters in a while, so they did somwthing right!

But I've had my fun with it all, and it's time to move on. FFXV here we come! Don't want to see Lightning again now unless it's in Kingdom Hearts or a new Dissidia. Saying that I'll probably run I to her in FFXIV!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Guys I need help with Noel. This fight is a pain. Any help is appreciated.
Play defensively. Guard like a madman. This is the most "fighting game" like RPG I've played in that regard. If you guard properly you will make serious gains on him.

Otherwise stock up on potions and Phoenix down (duh?), and there's no shame in postponing him for another night if you want to make progress in other lands and gain abilities first.

Alvarez

Banned
Guys I need help with Noel. This fight is a pain. Any help is appreciated.

List your Schematas for me.

As a general rule of thumb: Prior to hard boss fights you want as much EP as possible. You want to use Overclock to exploit enemy weaknesses. Either use Overclock when a target is Staggered and vulnerable, or use Overclock when a target is vulnerable to being staggered (for example, some enemies are vulnerable while using specific attacks, so you can use Overclock to slow down time and attack that enemy until it is Staggered). Don't forget that Overclock completely restores all ATB to your Schematas, so it's often a good idea to use up all that ATB before using another Overclock.

This game is all about Staggering enemies. If you don't learn how to Stagger enemies you will have a very hard time with the game. Blocking in a timely fashion also Staggers enemies.

For many bosses, you may want to get them to low health (below 50%) before using your Overclocks, as bosses have a tendency to "enrage" and become more powerful when at low health.

If you're capable of killing a Behemoth (Reaver), you may want to go farm some and try to get the "Shard Blade" drop, which is an extremely powerful weapon that will help a lot.

Note that the game design considers Noel endgame content. Technically, you are supposed to visit each area of the game and then attempt to complete the main quests of each area by killing their final bosses. Almost-required debuffs such as Imperil can only be found in specific areas, for example. You can definitely kill Noel as is, but you will stand a much better chance by visiting other areas first. This is not a linear game.

Thanks! I almost feel tempted to kill him again, but I iust got my plat and it's time to put this game, and the XIII trilogy to bed for me.

The battle systems were really good, and they had somw nice ideas here and there. While I still enjoyed the games, they are by far and away lesser Final Fantasy titles. But what annoys me more is that it's got the makings of something better, but they just missed their opportunity. If the first game came out with some of the better gameplay elements from it's sequels, was less on rails and had a better story, it would have changed a lot, and I doubt people would have minded the sequels.

The story was just nonsense. The first wasn't that bad. It's main problem was the story necessitated the bad game/level design, but it was alright self contained. But in an attempt at making something more meaningful out of it all and there were some pretty good bits involved, mainly Yuel, Noel and Caius stuff. But despite those it just became a convoluted mess, and my god that ending to Lightning Returns was downright awful. It overshadows and ruins what I thought was better character develpment for her in this game. For sequels no one supposedly wanted, Noel somehow became one of the better JRPG characters in a while, so they did somwthing right!

But I've had my fun with it all, and it's time to move on. FFXV here we come! Don't want to see Lightning again now unless it's in Kingdom Hearts or a new Dissidia. Saying that I'll probably run I to her in FFXIV!

Pretty much my thoughts as well. The battle systems in the XIII series have been really fun, but it's a shame they were not in better games, lol. If they had taken the best parts of each game and made THAT game, it'd have been awesome (with a better story, of course). I know XIII-2's story is silly and convoluted as hell, but I really did like the Noel/Caius/Yeul dynamic (and that's still probably my favorite part in LR, lol). There was potential for a really great story there, but... yeah. I would have been interested in seeing their original vision for XIII-2 which took place like 900 years after XIII with no time travel involved (the game would have probably just had Noel, Caius, and Yeul + maybe Fang/Vanille if they awoke by then).

Anyways... I decided to go back to my Day 12 save and extinct the bigger enemies so I don't have to worry about them in the
Ultimate Lair
. Namely the Earth Eater, Chocobo Eater, and Aster Protoflorian. I'm not sure if I'm gonna extinct the Dreadnaughts first because that would take way too much time. I've only ever killed two of them which means I'd have to kill 28 more... bleh. Probably won't do that one. Hopefully the Omega version won't be too bad in that place. :p

---

Btw, what all DOESN'T transfer over into NG+? Figured that would be easier than asking what DID transfer over. :p

---

I just realized I didn't pick up the accessory after killing the Omega Niblet.... Bah. It should either stay there even if you change areas or turn off the system OR it should just be given to you as a drop automatically. -.-

On day four, have 5 days left. Still on Luxerion doing side quests. Best noël already. Really wanna go to Yusnaan now.

I'm really stressed I'll run out of time.

Alvarez

Banned
On day four, have 5 days left. Still on Luxerion doing side quests. Best noël already. Really wanna go to Yusnaan now.

I'm really stressed I'll run out of time.

Don't be stressed; worrying about time could ruin the game experience for you. Know that, in actuality, the game gives you 13 or 14 days of playtime. Even if you stand absolutely still every time Hope talks to hear everything he has to say, and even if you never use Chronostasis, you will not run out of time (I know this first-hand because I've done a completionist playthrough of the game without using Chronostasis). In fact, players who 100% the game are often left with about 5 days of nothing to do.

I have yet to hear from one person who actually did run out of time.

Play the game how you want. The time mechanic, unfortunately, is something to be ignored. It doesn't enrich the game in any way and it is not a threat, and therefore it should be ignored.

EDIT: And also be aware that time progressing is a good thing. The more days that pass, the better equipment/drops become available to you via vendors and the world. Some people make the mistake of spamming Chronostasis at the beginning of the game and exterminating monsters immediately, which is just about the worst thing you can do. Spamming Chronostasis will essentially make you weaker, not stronger. It's similar to Final Fantasy VIII where leveling up early is a bad idea.

I just realized I didn't pick up the accessory after killing the Omega Niblet.... Bah. It should either stay there even if you change areas or turn off the system OR it should just be given to you as a drop automatically. -.-

Do all Last Ones drop accessories or just Niblet? I've defeated a good amount of Last Ones and haven't picked anything up...

I finished 2-2 today and will probably finish 2-3 tomorrow. After that I may head to the Dead Dunes and get the last Fragment I need. Not sure I'm ready for 3-3's boss.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
? No he's not. There's literally nothing in LR that isn't done way way (way) better elsewhere.

You're coming off like some kind of nega-Perfo.

LR is a damned interesting game, and a Gaffer on the fence due to the fatigue of XIII sequels should probably give it a shot. It's nothing like the XIII games.

Alvarez

Banned
Do all Last Ones drop accessories or just Niblet? I've defeated a good amount of Last Ones and haven't picked anything up...

Uh oh! They all drop things (red sparkly on the ground). I am somewhat sure that those sparklies and also Soul Seeds remain where they are dropped until the end of the game, so you may want to backtrack to where you killed those other Last Ones and look for their drops.

Many bosses also drop things where they die.

Uh oh! They all drop things (red sparkly on the ground). I am somewhat sure that those sparklies and also Soul Seeds remain where they are dropped until the end of the game, so you may want to backtrack to where you killed those other Last Ones and look for their drops.
I'll try that. Thanks. I remember where I killed them all, fortunately.

Top Bottom