• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Patcher: SW Outlaws tanking is a "rare incel victory"

GermanZepp

Michael Patcher: SW Outlaws tanking is a "rare incel victory"​

oWpukID.png

Astral Dog

Why does this have to be the narrative that people go so quickly to these days? Especially around Star Wars. The Acolyte cancellation also had a lot of claims like this. Who knew incels were so powerful?
Its just a scapegoat, pushed by ideology they don't believe on free market or pleasing the customer, so they think if they repeat it enough and blame the usual suspects, eventually people will believe it and buy their silly products

Its not their fault their subpar Star Wars merchandise isn't so popular anymore, its all on the customer/fanbase

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I remember when there was a time on this forum (before the purple people took off) when users and mods constantly defended this clown and framed him as a genuine "expert of the gaming industry" that "knew his shit".

Then it turns out that out of something like 200+active "game market analysts" in the US he ranked in the bottom ten or some shit, with an accuracy rate for his PROFESSIONAL consultations (so no, not just the bullshit he threw in some gaming talk show) around 43%.
I shit you not. The "market expert and authority" turned out to be as literally LESS reliable than just betting everything on "head or tail" and flipping a coin.
That’s not surprising, seeing as most of his info came straight out of the trustmebro information network.

Nydius

I’m personally getting sick and tired of these industry pundits —whether it be in gaming or TV/movies — using this crap as a shield against criticism.

“It flopped because of bigots”
“It flopped because incels”

It’s a bunch of absolute nonsense designed to avoid taking accountability for a mediocre product.

As a related aside: I fucking loathe the term “incel”. A bunch of maladjusted men who can’t interact with women (or who feel threatened by them) doesn’t make them “involuntarily celibate”.

Kacho

Gold Member
This wasn’t even woke right? Just an ugly chick with a butt chin. I thought it was more the gameplay, dumb enemies and no steam.
Not in the "we need a black gay lesbian in a wheelchair" way. But the uglification of the MC can be seen as wokeness depending on who you ask. Plus this is very much a "force is female" Star Wars product.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I feel these couple of days enitre GAF is filled with topics about culture war, DEI and all that junk.....I almost miss the days GAF threads mostly about graphics.

Last edited:
The extreme right or left just aren't significant enough to play a role in how well a game does. It's an absurd thought. The mass casual audience in this case just didn't feel interested, and review scores reflect that. Hell you could even have burnout from Ubi games in general or Star Wars fatigue.

Some people think it's a lack of lightsabers that also hurt it, but as someone who thought Boba Fett and Han Solo were the best characters as a kid (and now a much older adult), there's such potential for game play outside that. A well done Mando game would fucking rock.

Kind of related imo is that we're really close to a point of just having too many games out to chose from if not already there. Prices rising right along backlogs means some games are just going to be left by wayside to maybe get picked up. Problem is that maybe doesn't always happen. 70-80 rated games are far from bad, but nowadays that just might be low enough to not even bother with so much other good things releasing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Follow the money, Pachter is a shill to whomever adds capital to his "consulting" firm scam.

Don't let them ever gaslight you into thinking their words carry more weight or "expertise" than yours, the consumer. Especially now that they've resorted to this level of polarizing and juvenile discourse on a "professional" level.

Just a paid bard. Nothing more.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I’m personally getting sick and tired of these industry pundits —whether it be in gaming or TV/movies — using this crap as a shield against criticism.

“It flopped because of bigots”
“It flopped because incels”

It’s a bunch of absolute nonsense designed to avoid taking accountability for a mediocre product.

As a related aside: I fucking loathe the term “incel”. A bunch of maladjusted men who can’t interact with women (or who feel threatened by them) doesn’t make them “involuntarily celibate”.
Y'all need to stop carying about whether or not people who hate you call you bad names.

These are the same people who said "gamers are dead." They see videogames as a social engineering project. They see you as getting in their way. They have said all of this openly. If they are calling you names and blaming you for their wack shit failing, that means they are losing. I want them to go to bed every night thinking about how the chud incel racist homophobic transphobic bigots are going to find a way to tank their game. Whether or not those chud incel racist homophobic transphobic bigots actually exist is irrelevant.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
There’s definitely culture war types attacking this game who were never interested in it, some who aren’t even interested in gaming.

And agreed with the poster above, this is basically a forum half about DEI lol

Last edited:

Alebrije

Lame stealth mechanics
Non interactive and glitched open world
Repetitive gameplay mechacnics

And this guy says a coordinated incel group bombed the Game?

If he or Even Ubisoft believe this crap they are done.

The Game is not trash and Bet a Lot of people a waiting for discount to get it, that happens to all UBI games that are not great.

Danjin44

every (normal) person is sick of it... but this topic is their identity and the fact that "adults" are now bringing this to the spotlight means things are going to get more annoying.
I wish people make one thread thats all about this DEI/woke and culture war shit and just keep it there.....but instead the entire board is filled with this crap, is these topic are fun for people?

God whats happening here?

Quasicat

I don’t care if it’s woke or not. The reason why I didn’t buy it is because it’s an Ubisoft game and I know I will like the game but not at full price. If I wait 6 months, it will be under $30 and it might be worth it to me then…if I’m still interested. 🤷‍♂️

Kacho

Gold Member
There’s definitely culture war types attacking this game who were never interested in it, some who aren’t even interested in gaming.

And agreed with the poster above, this is basically a forum half about DEI lol
Should we ban all discussion and pretend it doesn’t exist? I’m not sure what these complaints hope to accomplish. We had a thread today where Japanese people said they butchered their game because our country is stupid. Why is that a thing if there isn’t a problem?

A few years ago it was “you guys are making a big deal about nothing”

Now it’s “gosh people won’t stop talking about DEI”

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
I wish people make one thread thats all about this DEI/woke and culture war shit and just keep it there.....but instead the entire board is filled with this crap, is these topic are fun for people?

Why not buy Star Wars Outlaws and participate in the OT instead of browbeating the entire forum about what you personally don’t like?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Should we ban all discussion and pretend it doesn’t exist? I’m not sure what these complaints hope to accomplish. We had a thread today where Japanese people said they butchered their game because our country is stupid. Why is that a thing if there isn’t a problem?

A few years ago it was “you guys are making a big deal about nothing”

Now it’s “gosh people won’t stop talking about DEI”
Not really suggesting anything, not a big fan of topics being banned in general. Doesn’t mean I don’t find it kind of tiresome.

Danjin44

Why not buy Star Wars Outlaws and participate in the OT instead of browbeating the entire forum about what you personally don’t like?
Why? I don’t care for Star Wars or Ubisoft games, this game is less appealing than damn sports games.

Also entire GAF board is filled with these type of topics, even about games I care about.

For fuck sake even got some people saying the new Zelda is “woke” because we play as Zelda….this shit is getting to out of hand.

Last edited:
Should the multi million dollar company have made a better game?

Nah , let’s label people incels instead

Forget the gaming industry, rename it the gaslighting industry

Last edited:

Raven117

Why? I don’t care for Star Wars or Ubisoft games, this game is less appealing than damn sports games.

Also entire GAF board is filled with these type of topics, even about games I care about.

For fuck sake even got some people saying the new Zelda is “woke” because we play as Zelda….this shit is getting to out of hand.
Lol. Yeah, the Zelda thing is just ridiculous.

People have to understand the difference.

Zacfoldor

Rare!?

It is delusion to believe our actions have had no consequence. Neogaf stands. Our YouTubers continue their work, and modern audiences have abandoned you.

Kacho

Gold Member
Not really suggesting anything, not a big fan of topics being banned in general. Doesn’t mean I don’t find it kind of tiresome.
Fair enough.

Right. But this particular thread is newsworthy to the overall discussion about Star Wars Outlaws. People said they weren't going to buy it for xyz reason. Game sells poorly. Now we have the most well-known industry analyst calling the majority of us incels because we voted with our wallet. I'm not sure how we're not supposed to discuss this.

This is a direct reflection of the industry as a whole right now. We can ban discussion or contain it to a single thread, but that won't make it go away. We're at an extreme low point right now.

Dragon Quest 3 was butchered because of this crap.
Dragon Age Veilguard is what it is because of this crap.
Star Wars Outlaws bombed because of this crap.
Assassin's Creed Shadows got punted out of 2024 because of this crap.

^ enjoy your holiday lineup, friendos...

Keep in mind, everyone posting in these threads want things to get better. That's why it's constantly being discussed. We want our voices heard because being silent means nothing will change.

Haven't seen that personally, but it sounds like the recent Alloy controversy. Both are stupid.

Last edited:

jonnyp

Pachter is a guy who has less success rate than tossing a coin. An abject fraud and a complete joke.

Last edited:

lmimmfn

Your games are being infested with woke ideology, politics and culture war nonsense, if you're ok with that then I suggest getting your gaming info from Kotaku, PC Gamer etc.

BlackTron

I feel these couple of days enitre GAF is filled with topics about culture war, DEI and all that junk.....I almost miss the days GAF threads mostly about graphics.

I feel this but there are a lot of tectonic plates rumbling right now. This is sadly the current topic in gaming - titles are bombing before our eyes with reactions ranging from backpedaling to blaming clients. Success of Wukong and Stellar Blade makes the failure even more incendiary and the defense force is just imploding with copium. Even with Japanese games, you have DQ getting dragged into it and talking about it. In other words, gaf is simply talking about gaming, as sad as that sounds.

We're in a pendulum swing, it was just inevitable. I don't think it's over. I'm patting myself on the back for only letting myself get into a pissing contest with one guy. It's a good time to lean on playing games instead of talking about them, because the climate is exhausting.

Top Bottom