• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

can't believe there's drama over the way puig catches fly outs

as a kid I remember copying bonds and griffey catching

until he drops one stfu

baseball is so pretentious when it comes to players showing character

until he drops one stfu

He's obviously an asshole for not behaving exactly how people want rookies to behave.

until he drops one stfu

I don't get it either. People are just looking for another excuse to further their dislike.

804208098_medium.gif

Two-run strike out!
Usually this sort of thing happens to the Jays, rather than for them.

Apparently the whole thing with Matt Harvey and his April 1st tweet was based on him talking to Roy Halladay.

"It just sounded similar to what I had," Halladay said. "I was talking to [Mets manager] Terry Collins, and he asked if I'd talk to him. We just talked a little bit about some of the strengthening stuff I did. Most every pitcher is going to have changes in the UCL, so once they get the inflammation down and he gets that second opinion, if it turns out that it's not something that has to be repaired ... it sounded to me that it's very similar to what I had.

"Really, it was a strengthening program we started during the winter, doing a lot of wrist and forearm manual exercises and some different treatments. ... So I just shared that with him and what I went through. [Dr. James] Andrews had told me that they felt like at some point they would have to go in and repair it. That was eight years ago, and I've never had an issue since."

If there is a difference in the severity of Harvey's and Halladay's tears, one pitcher might be able to get away with rehab while the other needs Tommy John surgery.

Harvey will get another MRI in two or three weeks, once inflammation subsides, to get a better idea about the extent of his UCL tear.

turnbuckle

fuck the cy young award if scherzer beats yu

Ok?

Per Baseball Reference:

Scherzer:
4GQ6hcC.png

Darvish:
v9x50Ga.png

Per Fangraphs:

Scherzer:
zo0IcmV.png

Darvish:
C9Y38fu.png

It's a race between those two and I don't see how one could be so upset if Scherzer won unless they're blinded by his Win/Loss record and using that as a strike against Max despite his numbers holding their own. This isn't a case of CC versus Felix or something like that.

turnbuckle

Tigers have now given up 18 consecutive stolen bases without throwing anyone out.

I'm not even sure if the Tigers collectively have stolen 18 bases all season lol.

Def. going to Los Angeles Anahiem of Angels California stadium next year.
entry0000022_img001.png

There's a fucking Anheuser-Busch brewery a few miles from Busch stadium and it's that fucking expensive? I knew it was really expensive at Busch, but didn't realize how it compared to everyone else. Cheap fucks. Doesn't stop me from buying beer and hot dogs and all sorts of tasty/deadly shit while I'm at games, though.

Top Bottom