• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Bashtee

Starting my japanese lang. course this week, tired of waiting for localization. Got myself some kana cards to be able to learn something while riding the train and so on. Already ordered the first kanji set.

5rkZRZd.jpg

Aaaaaand something I've been waiting for:

Now I can finally play around with my Vita :3

Nursezero

Hi all,
I wanted to join the fun and post a few items, but I'm having trouble attaching images. I would like to download the pics from my computer, but I don't see an option to attach images. Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
I wanted to join the fun and post a few items, but I'm having trouble attaching images. I would like to download the pics from my computer, but I don't see an option to attach images. Thanks in advance.

I think you'd have to upload to an image hosting website (imgur, imageshack etc) then link it here.

You use
" and "img") to show off your newly purchased goodies

Hi all,

You can't. You'll have to upload the images to a hosting site like imgur.com and link it using tags.

[code][img]www.imgur.com/xxxxx[/code]

ys45

Starting my japanese lang. course this week, tired of waiting for localization. Got myself some kana cards to be able to learn something while riding the train and so on. Already ordered the first kanji set.

See that's why i like this thread i learn about nice and useful stuff that i can get :)

Just ordered a set of those cards too , thanks man

Mbrill82

oXZ9JcK.jpg

Got the set of 3 DK posters from Club Nintendo but this one was by far my favorite of the bunch, Michael's has all poster frames for 40% off this week. I'll probably frame the others at some point, even if they just end up getting hung up in the kid's room

3dLX5Uv.jpg

I went to Gamestop this morning to finally pre-order Dragon's Crown (meant to pre-order it a month ago and kept forgetting) and the dude went ahead and let me have the artbook today.

Got Urban Reign and TOCA 3 for $2.99 each from a store called Disc Replay here in Indianapolis, great used game/DVD store, large inventory going all the way back to NES/Master System (pretty sure I've seen Atari carts and systems there in the past too, they'll basically buy anything that's worth anything) They've got 4 locations here in Indy, not sure if they're in other states too.

Got the Hot Wheel at WalMart.

NMFried

God that Famicom themed Game Boy Micro is hot. I got mine for 20 dollars with 5 games on Craigslist a few years ago but it didn't come with the box. Awesome pick-up.

That's such a great deal. Yes, I love it so far, and I thought I got a pretty good deal at $90 with it being complete and all.

lf5FQUzl.jpg

Biggest pick up of our lives. A while ago I posted a thread in the off topic forums about apartment noise and how we had some of the worst people living above us, and it just got worse and worse until they were forced to leave...Fast forward 7-8 months and we are now living in our own home, with no one above us to make noise and cause crap for us. I've got to say, throughout construction, as I'd walk through, I was skeptical of the size of the house, it just felt small, but now that everything is done, it's unbelievable how much room we have in this house. And the upstairs room is all for me and my gaming! :)

congrats man

Recall

So this garish thing arrived. It was a gift and even the person who ordered was disappointed. It's simply a framed poster of different Batman comic covers from different eras...

Apologies for the picture quality, my phone doesn't do nice pictures from more than a foot away :/

Yes Boss!

New arcade stick. This one is pretty nifty: has a toggle switch for either Bluetooth Wireless or USB corded. Also has a lithium battery inside. Neat, neat stick from Hori:

And a cheap used VGA cable for my 360s:

Xildenafil said:
Great month for S4's! That's a very sexy car :) Can't wait to get my A4 back myself after shipping it cross-country.

Thank you so much :) This is my first AWD vehicle and it's amazing how well it handles.

Bii said:
Whoa, nice S4. Would have got one myself if my budget was $20k more when I bought my new car last year. haha

Ahaha yeah, it's a bit pricey but to me it's worth every penny. Which car did you buy last year?

Snkfanatic said:
Amazing S4. Enjoy it and congrats!

Thank you :) Brings a smile to my face every time I see it in my driveway, and then when I drive it...well that's another story. Really excited to get passed the 1k mile break in.

ys45

7Kx18V8.jpg

Also, i got 2 airplane tickets for France (going there for my vacation with my GF) which is why i got that GPS Map SD card so i don't get lost :p

New arcade stick. This one is pretty nifty: has a toggle switch for either Bluetooth Wireless or USB corded. Also has a lithium battery inside. Neat, neat stick from Hori:

Ohhh, cool looking WRAP. I like the color theme although that start / select / PS button area always bugs me visually. Also I can see the toggle between corded and cordless actually being kinda cool. My main stick is corded, but on the 360 I always enjoyed having that Tekken 6 cheap wireless stick as a backup for when I wanted to lounge back more on the couch.

Coconut

Banned
I have never played any pikmin game so i honestly don't know what to expect. How bad can it be?

If i do not like it i can give it to my nephew or something.

Picked up pikmin 3, wiimote and nunchuk

(Which i hate but forced to use with some damn games)

Kpz51FD.jpg

Wild those WiiU Wiimotes look like my Wii Wiimotes. Kind of like how my Windows Gamepad looks like my Xbox 360 controller.

meppi

Did you get original print of Orochi Z or The Best"" print? Cause if the first one that is really cheap, where did you get it?

I was waiting for the price drop for Sengoku Musou 3 Z but I don't think it will get lower then $65 anytime soon. It's not a bad price, but $50 would be much better ;) It looks like you right, summer will be very expensive but what can you do, it's so hard to say no ;)

Should be the original print. I avoid reprints whenever possible.
Got it on ebay. Haven't used this seller before, but he has perfect feedback and I've been extremely satisfied with the couple of Japanese sellers I've used in the past, so I'm sure everything will be in mint condition. :)

I didn't even know about that one! (Sengoku Musou 3 Z)
Looks like I have another one to hunt down! ;)
There do seem to be a couple of copies on ebay going for around $35 or so, so if you don't mind a used copy.... They seem to be nearly always be in pristine condition anyway when you buy them from Japan.

dodgeme

Finally something to play on my WiiU.

On a side note, I am liking this new camera I got at a yard sale over the weekend. Fujifilm S4250 Bridge Camera. Has a few small issues with always taking a picture but when it does it gets a pretty nice shot.

Bii

Those are some excellent SDCC pick-ups. I was tempted to pick up the Street Fighter Chess Set but don't really have a great place to display or use it due to my little son roaming around everywhere in the house. One of my roomies bought the blue Raiden from preview night and I wanted to see it out of the packaging but alas, he didn't open it. I'm such a Long Vo whore that I forgot to get Alvin Lee to sketch me something. I recently purchased a sketchbook so I'll have to fill that up with some of Alvin's art at future conventions.

Also, hope you picked up that Street Fighter Tribute from Udon's booth on Sunday. They were doing a Buy One Get One free deal on all of their books.

Seik

Banned
I went on a HD collection extravaganza this week-end. :D

B9qJBpL.jpg

Then saw this when I came back from work earlier today, WOOHOO!

RhL2jfp.jpg

So many hours of my life will be spent on this single item.

Just some random stuff from late July and from this month.

Picked this up after attending their concert in Berkeley on July 26th:
655f46d7fb88c5f116ec68f29c3899b1_zps4fe547f6.jpg

Some comics:
4efd08c5d2c342773db22a4264991435_zps178ed208.jpg

A book:
14d0552759c64943db94ad67cba3f55e_zpsea2cf425.jpg

Another book and a movie:
59f4f832f8c7acd6cfa214c0e3da27f5_zpsf82bb034.jpg

...And socks:
04292fc550202d0022b2fa543371186a_zps971bf001.jpg

I should be getting more stuff starting tomorrow... fun fun.

Vortex566

Aaaaaand something I've been waiting for:

Now I can finally play around with my Vita :3

What language does that book work with? I'd be interested in picking it up.

eulq3lH.jpg

nny takes the credit for reminding me I needed to grab a copy of the Gravity Daze book with their pickup a few pages back. ICO was an impulse buy, but will compliment my SotC guide nicely. Come on, Team ICO - give me a reason to buy a Last Guardian guide!

Nursezero

Those are some excellent SDCC pick-ups. I was tempted to pick up the Street Fighter Chess Set but don't really have a great place to display or use it due to my little son roaming around everywhere in the house. One of my roomies bought the blue Raiden from preview night and I wanted to see it out of the packaging but alas, he didn't open it. I'm such a Long Vo whore that I forgot to get Alvin Lee to sketch me something. I recently purchased a sketchbook so I'll have to fill that up with some of Alvin's art at future conventions.

Also, hope you picked up that Street Fighter Tribute from Udon's booth on Sunday. They were doing a Buy One Get One free deal on all of their books.

Oh, thank you. I wish I picked up the tribute from Udon on Sunday, I bought it on Sat and flinched when I walked past their booth on Sunday when they were offering the deal. I saw Alvin Lee during SDCC in 2012 as well, so I hope he continues to come out and sketch in future Comic Con's.

Kainazzo

After having been CRT-less for a while, I got this today!
(sorry for the dark shot, lights are out in my room!)

PVM-20M2MDU

And some scanline shots :)

One of the best monitors ever made, I love my 20M2MDU :D

The only thing I wish it did was support 480p. Most PS2 games end up defaulting to 480i instead of glorious 240p. The M2 has a good deinterlacer, but it isn't perfect. Unless Persona 4 outputs 240p 0_o?

Top Bottom