• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Big pick ups for today.

3DS XL Black was released in North America, so I went out and got that. Broke down on Spelunky and Papers, Please as well.

iSaupLpOqL51e.png

i8BUyNgNndo2r.png
You're tempting me.
You're really tempting me.

Lmao

the rest of my haul from Japan, including items my fiance bought as well. i won't list everything, but i'm thoroughly satisfied with my purchases. could've stood to buy a few more gaming items, but i barely got all of this home. most of the darumas will be gifts for friends and family.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

Needs more Darumas! :)

Nice haul. Great balance between pop and classic Japanese trinkets + snacks.

I am going in one week so I'm stoked to get a haul like that myself.

deroli

2013-08-1220.46.20lizyj.jpg

2013-08-1220.47.5174lf6.jpg

I had to spend a few days in a hospital and it was a VERY wise decision to download games for my 3DS just before I left home. While I haven't touched Fallblox yet, I put over 25 hours into Picross E2. So it made my stay there much less dull. The only thing I dislike about the game: One early mistake in the later stages and it might take 10 or 15 minutes to realize that the whole fucking board is completely wrong and you have to start all over again.

Lombax

Banned
My typical day? Drive an hour to work. Sit at work for 8-10hrs. Eat lunch somewhere in between. Drive an hour home. Sit on my computer to unwind for a few hours. Eat dinner. Sleep. And then sometimes, I mix it up by flying all day... and sitting for 10hrs. Before it becomes an issue, I've eradicated all the soda for my diet - suffered through a few weeks of headaches. And now bought a 1yr membership to the gym - in addition to my Y membership - to begin some light strength training.

9480828229_fc5ae98b80_c.jpg

Way to go!

MickeyPhree

image_zpscbaf8e13.jpg

One terabyte usb harddrive. Needed to add a y cable to make it work.

image_zpscd7fbf2a.jpg

New super Mario bros u, injustice, pikmin3, earthbound, metroid, donkey kong, punchout

Misterhbk

I stopped posting in this thread a while ago but figured this was somewhat appropriate to post in here. lighting is terrible but whatever.

1d9o.jpg

This one has been a long time coming. I have wanted an iCade since they were first announced as a real live product. I just never had an iPad to use it with.

Well, just last week my wife got an iPad Mini and I inherited her iPad 3. iCade, here I come.

So both pickups are pictured, the iPad 3 and the iCade.

Random games from local game shops. F-Zero was from a huge store I found with 100's of 100yen games.

1 of the 2 $4 peaches I bought from the grocery. Super good!

Sora_N

Had such a wonderful weekend despite being sleep-deprived.

I had to buy new headphones since I broke my old one, sadly it's not as comfortable as I imagined.

Went to hang out for both days for Pokemon Worlds 2013 Tournament. I didn't participate but I still enjoyed how they decorated our convention centre.I bought some goodies from the retail store! Sadly they ran out of the Pikachu event plush, I really wanted one.

Beautiful plastic bags.

I got to meet Masuda-san and Unno-san. Sadly I couldn't get Ishihara-san's autograph since we were just past the cutoff but we were at the FRONT for Masuda-san and Unno-san. :) I'm sooooo happy I got them to sign my games! They seemed like really nice people too.

Borman

What is this amazing thing

It's a topper for a Nintendo Playchoice-10 cabinet, to advertise new games. Fairly rare to find them (the toppers) in decent condition. I had a Playchoice 10 cabinet in the past which was fairly poor condition wise, so I do have some attachment to the platform hah.

LadyRiven

It's a topper for a Nintendo Playchoice-10 cabinet, to advertise new games. Fairly rare to find them (the toppers) in decent condition. I had a Playchoice 10 cabinet in the past which was fairly poor condition wise, so I do have some attachment to the platform hah.

That's so cool, and it's such a great game. Secretly hoping it's the next one they re-master, with online co-op. XD

LostAnkh

Had such a wonderful weekend despite being sleep-deprived.

I had to buy new headphones since I broke my old one, sadly it's not as comfortable as I imagined.

Went to hang out for both days for Pokemon Worlds 2013 Tournament. I didn't participate but I still enjoyed how they decorated our convention centre.I bought some goodies from the retail store! Sadly they ran out of the Pikachu event plush, I really wanted one.

Beautiful plastic bags.

I got to meet Masuda-san and Unno-san. Sadly I couldn't get Ishihara-san's autograph since we were just past the cutoff but we were at the FRONT for Masuda-san and Unno-san. :) I'm sooooo happy I got them to sign my games! They seemed like really nice people too.

I see Accel Trial's legs. :3

PrimeX

I have never played any pikmin game so i honestly don't know what to expect. How bad can it be?

If i do not like it i can give it to my nephew or something.

Picked up pikmin 3, wiimote and nunchuk

(Which i hate but forced to use with some damn games)

Kpz51FD.jpg

So do you like it after all? I'm on day 18 and can't stop playing :D
(Also my first pikmin game)

Picked up some more MVS carts: Metal Slug 3 and Baseball Stars 2.

Also got a few more random carts and another Tetris battle gaiden for 100yen

Recall

This took way too much effort to track down locally without having to resort to amazon, but I got it in the end.

C6225D12-C0DD-479F-B58A-0312D2E51FF6-1318-00000122C9E57A8C_zpsab242f62.jpg

dyergram

BIRTHDAY HAUL BEE BEE BEE BEEEARRRP:
EtJGZMG.jpg

From left iPhone amp.manuka honey hand cream. Smoked garlic. Fig jam. Joseph joseph chopping boards. Cheese grater. Organic Parmesan. Splatman coaster. Garlic crusher. Brita water bottle. Dry scalp stuff. Crystal deodorant. Mohito kit. Actual manuka honey. Stokes BBQ sauce. Jaffa bday cake. Burts bees bath salts. Coco butter.Clinique soap,scrub,moisteriser and eye stuff. Dr organic shampoo conditioner and body wash. Teeth whitening kit. Ferrero collection (I ate some allready sorry)

5waVPbK.jpg

Had some yummy coffee and cake with the misses.

ceyzYOt.jpg

Then yummy brazillian food. Mines the steak hers got fish stew.

UeJTEWY.jpg

And went to see alpha papa at Britains oldest working cinema.

Phew not pictured money off my gf and mom towards my ps4. Basically as you can see I'm spoiled fat greedy I have bad skin and yellow teeth.

Zajora

Bought a third monitor and a new case (also a boring adapter for displayport to DVI)

ibwSjWH79IFNSe.png

ibztmiXVY6CJAP.png
iG9bxZhNSIbbU.png

Rather proud of the cable management, since I've never really bothered with it before. (I'm not really much of a enthusiast for this kind of thing)

Top Bottom