• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Seik

Banned
Lots of new stuff this week!

Thanks to a fellow GAF member, I furnished my NES library a bit, I got all hyped about getting more games since I got the Kazzo.

OJC7WHQ.jpg

Got these two PS2 games from two different GAFers as well, good stuff.

To7Ktq9.jpg

It's been a while since I bought some blu-ray, except for gaming, so I bought these.

GBm2w8j.jpg

Last but not least, THE best beat-em-up I played in years, if not ever. I did my part.

OZUFgiO.jpg

Zajora

New laptop, the Sony Vaio Pro 13:

idKPjjPcDbgWb.png

ibpElVIYYNzXyD.png

Had a few worries at first (Reinstalled Windows 8 to get rid of the bloatware, had some difficulty with drivers, also had some trouble with trackpad, wifi and battery) but it seems like it's all fixed up.

meppi

Great pickups, certified jelly over here. Lee is legendary tier - one of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure to deal with when it comes to imports.

He certainly is! Been buying from him for just about 15 years now. :)
It'll be a while before buy some more game though since this set put me back quite a bit of money.
At least I still got a couple of cool things underway that are fully paid for and who knows, I might pick up another cheap musou game when I come across one I'm missing. ;)

Azusa

Dark Souls Steelbook. I don't think I'll open it. I have original limited edition opened and never played beyond the first boss >.<
uQeNc8c.jpg

Hawthorns

New laptop, the Sony Vaio Pro 13:

idKPjjPcDbgWb.png

ibpElVIYYNzXyD.png

Had a few worries at first (Reinstalled Windows 8 to get rid of the bloatware, had some difficulty with drivers, also had some trouble with trackpad, wifi and battery) but it seems like it's all fixed up.

Beautiful laptop. I'm looking at getting one myself soon. What spec did you go for? What are your first impressions beyond the initial difficulties you had with Windows 8?

Zajora

Beautiful laptop. I'm looking at getting one myself soon. What spec did you go for? What are your first impressions beyond the initial difficulties you had with Windows 8?

It was the Core i5-4200U / 128GB SSD / 8GB RAM version.

The trackpad issue was probably the only non-software concern I have. Probably as a result of how thin and flexible the laptop is at the bottom (where the left/right mouse "buttons" are) sometimes it doesn't seem to respond to clicks at the very corners.

Otherwise, since the Vaio update program wouldn't install, I just re-installed the drivers from Sony's support website. The battery indicator still seems to fluctuate wildly, where it'll estimate 2 hours remaining and then after going down a percent it'll estimate 5 hours (without major change in usage) but I still seem to get about 6.5 hours of battery life.

The brightness still seems to change on its own even though I've disabled all the adaptive brightness settings, so I think there might be something weird going on there that may be affecting battery life, but I'm not too sure.

I really do love the hardware though; it's amazingly thin and light. Much more so than it looks in the pictures, though I tried to show how thin it is.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I'm gonna sell my black Wifi/3G Vita, as I just couldn't resist the sexy white WiFi model any longer...

9483621126_1f9c0f230f_c.jpg

9483620900_0600e1db22_c.jpg

And the lowly WiiU collection continues to grow - if only slightly...

9480828533_18fec3a7f9_c.jpg

My typical day? Drive an hour to work. Sit at work for 8-10hrs. Eat lunch somewhere in between. Drive an hour home. Sit on my computer to unwind for a few hours. Eat dinner. Sleep. And then sometimes, I mix it up by flying all day... and sitting for 10hrs. Before it becomes an issue, I've eradicated all the soda for my diet - suffered through a few weeks of headaches. And now bought a 1yr membership to the gym - in addition to my Y membership - to begin some light strength training.

9480828229_fc5ae98b80_c.jpg

so i just got back from being in Japan for 2 weeks. the 2nd to last day there, Taito had a poster event at Hirose Entertainment Yard in Akihabara where they were selling these 40" x 30" posters of some old shooters. so i uh, bought all of them. they're probably one of the coolest things i own, and that's taking into account all the other shit I bought in Japan (which I'll post in this thread sometime soon).

B.K.

I think this is all the stuff I've picked up last month and this month. I've got a couple other things on the way.

I bought the Breath of Fire Official Complete Works and less than a week later, Udon announces an English version. Figures. :/

LadyRiven

I think this is all the stuff I've picked up last month and this month. I've got a couple other things on the way.

I bought the Breath of Fire Official Complete Works and less than a week later, Udon announces an English version. Figures. :/

I had that happen with Foo Midori's Book of Pictures, but that's a book I wouldn't have guessed would ever get localized. Udon knows how to surprise me.

Oh well, it's more fun to own the Japanese version... yeah? *nudges to make you feel better*

Cool Darius (and Syvalion) posters. Did they have one for Darius Gaiden?

no just those 4, i wouldn't have left without a darius gaiden poster. :) the g-darius one is pretty weak compared to the others, it just felt dumb to buy 3 out of a possible 4 given the limited availability.

canocha

A few orders arrived these past 2 weeks:

Dreamcast:
  • Looney Tunes Space Race;
  • Silver;
  • San Francisco Rush 2049;
  • Re-Volt;
  • Sonic Shuffle;
  • Snow Surfers;
  • Sega Rally 2.
83wBZ5v.jpg

Mega Drive:
  • Desert Demolition;
  • Corporation (weird game i had before selling my Mega Drive);
  • Stargate.
elIAYVC.jpg

Nintendo stuff:
  • Nintendog + Cats (3DS);
  • Pokemon Stadium (Complete);
  • Injustice (Wii U);
  • Yellow Pikmin;
  • Let's Tap (Special Edition);
  • Dewy's Adventure;
  • Pikmin 2.
S6Rad67.jpg

Jwfx4xf.jpg

Went shopping with my friend today, forgot it was tax free weekend. Got some shorts from Calvin Klein $25 and some shoes from Puma (I love their shoes so.comfy and cheap only $30!)
qzKrFH0.jpg

43nNKYv.jpg

Love it when I find stuff I like and it ends up being on sale. :)

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Got myself the new Alienware 14(1080p screen with 765m), great gaming laptop. Swaped the 750gb HDD for a Samsung 840 500 gb SSD.

0zh130o.jpg

4juQqcG.jpg

My brother liked it so much, he got one as well. Plays all the games I own great.

Some more Japan trip pickups

Found a cool small used shop down the street from where I am in staying. Picked up some more games:

First copy of Famitsu, has an awesome 30th Anniversary Sega book.

Thirsty anyone? (not really a pick up but holy shit...)

Grecco

My new Hotline Miami jacket from Insert Coin.

Doctor Who print which I'm flattening right now. It's going to look awesome hanging next to my Deckard print.

New basketball shoes.

Shoe cleaner and brush.

I really want the hotline miami jacket. Its so good

Greyvvolf

I really want the hotline miami jacket. Its so good
It's really nice. It has brown plaid lined in the inside of the jacket.
If you are interested they are making more for the people who missed them the first time. Go to the Insert Coin website and you can get notified when they are selling the jacket again.

Sagitario

I went a little bit overboard with Saitn Seiya this summer XD
GPpRVue.jpg

- Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle for PS3
- Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas in blu-ray (volumes 1 to 9)
Myth Cloths:
- Pope Shion
- Merak Beta Hagen
- Seiya bronze cloth second version
- Scorpio Milo
- Aries Mu
- Hades
- Wyvern Radamanthys
- Libra Dokho
- Pisces Aphrodite
- Gemini Saga (not pictured, loose figure)
Awesome! Officially my favorite pick-up this month.

Hit a local pawn shop in search for old games and a CRT for my TATE setup, and got these two. Not bad for about $5 USD a piece. GT2 in particular was pretty mint, as good as new, not a scratch in sight. Silent Hill 2 though is a bit overriden with stickers, but nothing good old Goo Gone won´t solve.
Did you find Goo Gone in MX? Cause I have searched everywhere and I couldn't find it (friend from US sent me small bottle).

so i just got back from being in Japan for 2 weeks. the 2nd to last day there, Taito had a poster event at Hirose Entertainment Yard in Akihabara where they were selling these 40" x 30" posters of some old shooters. so i uh, bought all of them. they're probably one of the coolest things i own, and that's taking into account all the other shit I bought in Japan (which I'll post in this thread sometime soon).

Wow these are incredible! Totally jealous.

Finally got my account approved, hello GAF! Nice to be finally apart of the community. So far, this is what I've picked up this month:

rGVHdge.jpg

I picked all of these (along with Uniracers, seen in the picture below) for $65.

YydKtFB.jpg

Legend of Stafy was $11 shipped from eBay. Persona 3: Portable is from Amazon.com, while the rest are just regular pick-ups.

.hacked

kXUktFH.jpg

Jumping on the Alienware bandwagon, also grab the new 14inch and installed a 500GB SDD. This thing is great.

nBUY3sn.jpg

Also picked up Earthbound and F-Zero on the e-shop.

And earlier in the week I picked up DC and Klonoa.

z1BgEah.jpg

Heh. I think I need a new bed spread.

Grief.exe

Big pick ups for today.

3DS XL Black was released in North America, so I went out and got that. Broke down on Spelunky and Papers, Please as well.

iSaupLpOqL51e.png

i8BUyNgNndo2r.png

Top Bottom