• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Ecto311

grap3fruitman said:
Those are screenshots he took with his iPhone/iPod Touch. Home+Hold captures a screenshot FYI.

And please stop saying "Fail," it hasn't been funny EVER.

fixed, and add "win" or "internets" or cat pictures.

dralla

HUELEN10 said:
Sigh, not this debate again. Some CRT HDTVs 720p native do exist. http://www.digitalconnection.com/products/directview/dm7352sf.asp proves it. This model of Trinitron is kind of hard to place. The specs from the user manual, and the specs from the service manual are not the same, therefore I have no way of knowing it 100 percent. It is capable of accepting both, but the native I am not too sure about. Not that it matters much in this case, but even so, it is NOT a fixed pixel display, so why bother?

It's not really a "debate", Monovisions are the lone exception and are incredibly rare. I have the same TV as you, it's a 1080i tube. Does it really matter? No, just informing.

Dougald

212973d.jpg

Fiiiinally picked up an annoyingly rare PAL version (got it substantially cheaper because of very minor case damage), so I can play through MGS3 without blaming Snake Eater's camera. My PS3 doesn't seem to like the cutscenes much, so I'll be busting out the PS2 for this one!

kuYuri

DSC07219.jpg

These are actually from June, but forgot to post them.

TFU and Rule of Rose are from Goozex. Fracture was $10 DotD at Amazon. Yeah, I'm broke these days. :(

Yes Boss!

memecomplex said:
Hey Boss, can you do a quick comparison on both versions? My pal got the PS3 version and I have the XB360, and I think the XB360 has sharper 3D backgrounds... Could be because we're running different resolutions. Him 720p and me 1080p. They both sound about the same, the PS3's audio is not uncompressed.

I'm a bad person to ask since I run my 360 games through component upscaled to 1080p (I prefer the softer image) and my PS3 titles through HDMI at their native resolution...usually 720p. If you have not gotten an answer to your question yet I could connect the 360 via HDMI and let you know my impression.

HUELEN10

dralla said:
It's not really a "debate", Monovisions are the lone exception and are incredibly rare. I have the same TV as you, it's a 1080i tube. Does it really matter? No, just informing.
Got it, thanks! :D

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Little bit from late last month too

PSN stuff
july08.jpg

july01.jpg

july02.jpg

july03.jpg

july04.jpg

july05.jpg

FF7 whore

july06.jpg

Was a sale at target a bit ago

july07.jpg

Preparing for new games off PSN! I hope...this now with my 2 4gb sticks and my 2 8gb fake sticks :(

july09.jpg

I needed a external DVD player for my netbook and got this for 30 dollars so figured why not. Anyone know a place to get cheap HD DVDs while I have it? :lol

Corran Horn said:
july09.jpg

I needed a external DVD player for my netbook and got this for 30 dollars so figured why not. Anyone know a place to get cheap HD DVDs while I have it? :lol

I thought Xbox 360 HD-DVD drives only work with Xbox 360...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Been away from GAF for like two days!

:(

Anime Expo! Got some stuff....

3689522786_ac8ef9f858.jpg

Figured I'd get one since I don't have a 2000 series yet.

3688715579_c6c2b14bb7.jpg

BlazBlue towel! Check out all the chars on it!

3689521120_9d83c136cd.jpg

My daughter's pickups:

3689519068_5661504abd.jpg

And some stuff signed...

3688713203_cacfed407f.jpg

3689520310_7ca3a733b2.jpg

! Word!

Recon

Banned
2645emx.jpg

I dont like fall out boy, but damn, i couldnt pass up the chance to see one of my favorite bands growing up. Plus, going with some of my best friends from high school...awesome!

dagZ

ReconYoda said:
2645emx.jpg

I dont like fall out boy, but damn, i couldnt pass up the chance to see one of my favorite bands growing up. Plus, going with some of my best friends from high school...awesome!

That's what I like to see! I'm going to see them at Darien Lake and SPAC. i'll post pics of the tickets when they come.

Some stuff from Anime Expo:

3688964101_7d81878faf.jpg

DJ Max Clazziquai Edition, Black Square, and Luminous Arc 2.

3688882077_ea28e61127.jpg

Some stuff for cousins, part 1.

3688882849_70eeb36f37.jpg

Some stuff for cousins, part 2.

3689778820_1b06d73dc7.jpg

And this shirt for my brother.

Beq

Neo Member
Damn Ticketmaster and their extraneous extra charges. Having to pay 25% extra each ticket is bullshit.

migulic

gamescom.jpg

The successor of Leipzig Games Convention just 200 km from where I live... I had to go :)

Other pick-ups coming soon.

nny

biggkidd32 said:
You can use them with a PC too. I think you might need some special patch.

nah, you just plug it in; by the way, the HD-DVD player is also my netbook external disc drive :lol

migulic

Moz La Punk said:
even though I can go for free, that's dirt cheep!

It is, I was amazed how cheap it was myself. Those are reduced tickets (for students), but even the standard tickets are just 8 euros IIRC. Together with train tickets (from Brussels) the entire trip is less than 40 euros.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Easy 2 Find ( RF Key Finder ) since I always lose my keys

3689523185_85096917ea.jpg

Hosa Stereo 3.5mm Female to Dual RCA Female Adapter

3689479397_c51cbfcda8.jpg

3690285182_2e843138fe.jpg

I play Wii and Original Xbox on Samsung Tantus rear-projection with no Headphone output ( and Wii+Xbox2 don't have optical output ) , this lil adapter allow me to use my Panasonic RP-HT722 Monitor Headphones with Built-in for Wii and Original Xbox .

Loxley

ReconYoda said:
2645emx.jpg

Meh, I say awesome :D

Dougald

Totobeni said:
Hosa Stereo 3.5mm Female to Dual RCA Female Adapter

Man, I have so many of those. Such a lifesaver for me when I use consoles on my pc monitor or projector but I always lose them!

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
I never posted last month, so I'll combine the major stuff from both months. Captain America/Daredevil Omnibi and Blazblue. I also picked up a huge lot of trade paperbacks (30+) but it's too much effort to take pics!
My next pick up will be the Punisher omnibus and then I'm done until November!

2hxw22f.jpg

fp0cvr.jpg

JEKKI

whoo! pickups from my 2nd and final day of Anime Expo!!

2qstqwj.jpg

I love hi chew and I love stickers!!

zwe0rs.jpg

I am now in the kool kids klub with Lik and Kadey for owning one of these...

vdmn1z.jpg

and with that my paychecks for the month have been officially kissed goodbye.

thank goodness BlazBlue will keep me from buying any more games any time soon.

2qxpze1.jpg

lastly, Daikokuya was closed for 4th of July :( ... so I went to Mr Ramen instead.

fried chicken + ramen = fried chicken ramen. seriously lol, how could i say no??

Started running and didn't want to use 3GS and I've lost my 1st gen Nano, so I got the most hated iPod ever. And I love it, it's perfect for running :)

3690972739_240a7aa8cb.jpg

Echoes

^ I love it as well. So perfect for my walking sessions.

Some stuff from my recent trip to Dubai.

dubaigoods9af2e.jpg

Not pictured:

All blu-rays; Band of Brothers, The Bourne Trilogy, Seven Pounds, Paprika, Swordfish, Troy, Lucky Number Slevin, iRobot, Horton Hears a Who.

Also, a sealed copy of Mega Man Legends.

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
tHa_vIlLaMaN said:
img_0025765.jpg

Got a new pair of kicks and...

These I like. The Nikes in this thread however are some of the most boring and uninspired shoes I've ever seen. I guess I'm out of touch. Everyone has different taste, no?

ha1f

Ratba said:
These I like. The Nikes in this thread however are some of the most boring and uninspired shoes I've ever seen. I guess I'm out of touch. Everyone has different taste, no?
Nah, Nike sucks lately. Those CRs are are uncomfortable, though. I had to grab some extra insoles so I could wear mine for more than 3 hours at a time.

Yes Boss! said:
I'm a bad person to ask since I run my 360 games through component upscaled to 1080p (I prefer the softer image) and my PS3 titles through HDMI at their native resolution...usually 720p. If you have not gotten an answer to your question yet I could connect the 360 via HDMI and let you know my impression.

It's kewl, thanks. I'm sticking with the 360 version.

MarkMan said:
And some stuff signed...

3688713203_cacfed407f.jpg

3689520310_7ca3a733b2.jpg

! Word!
Bastard! =P

I got into the stupid ticket room right before the staff said that they ran out of time and asked us to come back on Saturday. I said f--- that. That whole line/ticket b-s was all sorts of messed up.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Screw lines!

I just dropped them off :p

They were actually walking around/chilling at the AKSYS booth for a long time each day. You probably coulda snuck in and gotten and autograph... X_X

MarkMan said:
Screw lines!

I just dropped them off :p

They were actually walking around/chilling at the AKSYS booth for a long time each day. You probably coulda snuck in and gotten and autograph... X_X
You and your connections... xD I was only there for Friday though. I would have been fine if they did the signing right after the panel, but noooooooo. Caught a couple nip slips from an I-No cosplayer in line though. :3

Seriously though, the one time I stop by the Aksys booth they weren't there. =( Well if anything, the wifey and I saw Morning Musume which was a trip in itself. There was some fanboys to the right of us waving specialized light signs for every song while dancing like maniacs. Shit was awesome.

Plus, I was soooooooooooooooooo close to buying that huge red Zaku II outside of that one store for $2000. Wifey literally slapped my wallet out of my hand. :lol

DSC01538.jpg

Some of my buys from Anime Expo.

The DVD is Ong Bak 2 from Cine East
Got Sin and Punishment from Mad Gear
Picked up the stick from Japan Video Games
The buttons, replacement stick and octagonal gate from Video Games New York.(Although, I wasn't able to install the new stick, I assumed the HRAP EX was using a quick connect for the stick, it wasn't.)
Speed Racer from DMP
The BlazBlue bag from Aksys

Top Bottom