• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
3272.JPG

They aren't here yet, but they're on the way!

yay

060709a.jpg

Gurren Lagann vol 1 special edition :D

060709b.jpg

2-discs, 9 episodes, LED drill, skull badge, iron-on Gurren Brigade patch, magnetic box. Awesome.

Came out in the UK this week :D Wooooot.

zmet

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Vol. XV:
jul4.jpg

I also downloaded Asphalt 4: Elite Racing on the DSiWare store and Fantasy Zone II on Virtual Console.

Quake1028

34t50tk.jpg

Also got WordFu, but it didn't fit on the page.

vrx6r7.jpg

16GB iPod Touch 2G
8GB iPod Touch 2G
Agent 18 Clear Shield Case x 2 (not pictured)
Logitech ClearChat Premium (for Vent use)
Lost Season 1 BD
Lost Season 2 BD
The Wrestler BD

ymmv

Banned
Here's what I got the past 30 days...

moviesgames.jpg

comics-1.jpg

books.jpg

I bought my first digital camera almost 9 years ago so it was about time I got something more decent.

camera.jpg

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:

Nice! I ordered those blue buttons for my BlazBlue stick. Hoping they look good. Went for white with clear for the start and select to keep the original Hori scheme somewhat intact. Also got a photo sent of the two Astro City panels. BEASTS Check it out below!

I also have red buttons coming to convert my new HRAP SE to full red but now that I've seen photos in the flesh I might keep it stock.

Now waiting for Aki to reopen so I can try out a few Mesh balltops (for fun) and to get my buttons for my Mad Catz SE, to make it a little power-house.

3273.jpg

Yes Boss!

LiK said:
your taste in old movies warms my heart.

My heart is warmed that your heart is warmed by his taste in old movies.

Still waiting patiently for Criterion to bring over that Black Narcissus. Need more P&P on blu-ray.

Halvie

Banned
Solideliquid said:
Went to IKEA today (again)

POANG $199

2coohs4.jpg

How do you like this chair? I am looking for something like that, but don't have a local Ikea. Does it seem like a quality chair, or is it cheap feeling?

Tanukid

HUELEN10 said:
Wow, I have never seen this breed before. I have some answers for you though! It is a bootleg, originally circa 2008 I believe. This might be an uncommon variation, as the one with bare feet seems to be more common.
wz_0402.jpg

If I am not mistaken, these are made by the same people who sell those bootleg Nack the Weasel plushies that look identical to the real thing, minus tag of course! I want one of those bad, but there are just too many bootlegs of it out there.
958e_12.JPG

Wow, I did a double take at your post for a moment. I had brought a Nack Plush from a Anime convention a while back for $5.00. I wasn't sure until now if it was a bootleg, but luckily when I took a look at mines it had a tag. XD

3694939851_20f073a40a.jpg

Haven't brought anything new yet, but I have something coming my way real soon!

Yes Boss!

ymmv said:
The Red Shoes Restorative Edition is out on Blu-Ray now. Only available at HMV.com. I don't know if it is region locked though.

Yeah, that will definitely be coming to NA. Just gotta be a little more patient. I try not to order blu-rays from other regions (outside of bollywood) if I know they will be coming to the States. Actually, the P&Ps that I most want on blu-ray are Colonel Blimp and A Canterbury Tale.

That said, awfully tempted to make another blu-ray run from Europe. Last time I got Ashes of Time, the Kenneth Anger set, and Mad Detective.

ymmv said:
Here's what I got the past 30 days...

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/ymmv99/moviesgames.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/ymmv99/comics-1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/ymmv99/books.jpg[IMG]

I bought my first digital camera almost 9 years ago so it was about time I got something more decent.

[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/ymmv99/camera.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Whoa, I didn't know the Alpha 330s were out yet. I'm thinking about picking one up as well.

jergrah

Mass Effect Galaxy and Giant Bomb Apps are new from this screengrab....
xhxg.jpg

I Come to Shanghai album from Robert Ashley of A Life Well Wasted Podcast
wgvx.jpg

Yes Boss!

New stick. Far, far prettier in the flesh than the initial photos made it out to be.

Incidentally, Arcade Shock is taking preorders for the SA version of this stick for September-ish delivery at $120 before shipping...good deal, with overall build quite a bit heftier than the standard HRAP sold at Amazon. Hopefully this means that this new SE will come to NA as well!

P1010454.jpg

Kai Ozu

es4zk2.jpg

10f801w.jpg

2wnwe9z.jpg

2wgryjc.jpg

102lf7t.jpg

Sorry for the last big pic o_o AND DEATHSMILES IS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE! I can't believe I passed it up when it first came out.

Halvie said:
How do you like this chair? I am looking for something like that, but don't have a local Ikea. Does it seem like a quality chair, or is it cheap feeling?

love mine

was awesome rocking and nursing our new born daughter a few years ago.

and I believe they come with a 5 or 10 year structural warranty, so no quality issues.

(massive pickup post coming 2nd half of the month; car, house, pc, screen, masters etc. been waiting so long to post a 'pick-up' post!)

Nikorasu

Kai Ozu said:
Sorry for the last big pic o_o AND DEATHSMILES IS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE! I can't believe I passed it up when it first came out.

I want to play deathsmiles so much. ;_;

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sorry my camera is not very good, But I wanted to try and take a picture
My 3 Games I got this month so far ^_^

PICT0052.jpg

Red Faction and Ghostbusters came in from Goozex. and I got Blazblue through a trade in as I mentioned earlier.

Struct09

Coldsnap said:
an empty ripped open GameFly envelope
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/Moshiiii/210950.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Lucky, I've had Empty Ripped Open Envelope on my queue for months now :(

Coldsnap

Struct09 said:
Lucky, I've had Empty Ripped Open Envelope on my queue for months now :(

haha. I hope the thief had plans to pawn the game or something because he took a gamble that the game would be good, he lost bad on that :lol

kuYuri

shintoki said:
Sorry my camera is not very good, But I wanted to try and take a picture
My 3 Games I got this month so far ^_^

PICT0052.jpg

Red Faction and Ghostbusters came in from Goozex. and I got Blazblue through a trade in as I mentioned earlier.

A brand new, sealed Red Faction Guerilla from Goozex? Nice score for a Goozex trade.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
jergrah said:
I Come to Shanghai album from Robert Ashley of A Life Well Wasted Podcast
wgvx.jpg

Listening to this right now, it's really up my alley. I'm not a huge Robert Ashley fan either. His bro stoner surfs up way of speaking sometimes makes me want to claw my ears out with toothpicks. For some reason he's got a really good singing voice though, I never would have expected it, honestly. I heard the song on ListenUp this week and then saw the video (which I thought was REALLY stupid but loved the song) and I was sold. The whole album is really good. It speaks to my tastes pretty perfectly. Highly recommended.

It's like if you mixed, Radiohead, The Doors, the Pulsars, David Bowie's older poorly recorded stuff, Beck's more melodic stranger stuff, the Beach Boys Pet Sounds, and Pink Floyd. Hard to describe, but people should definitely give it a listen, it's very original and yet also good, which is a combo that 99.9 percent of bands fail miserably at.

BTW, I think the goofy cover art does no justice to the album. It's just too good for the goofy throw away cover art. I don't think anyone will take them seriously with the video and cover art they put on this piece of music that they clearly put a lot of love and care into. It seems like they spent 3 years making and recording the music and then an afternoon on the cover art/video.

senahorse

I bought a fishing Kayak, here is a pic of it at the Pumicestone Passage, Bribie Island in Australia:

bribie.jpg

Here is the fish finder/depth sounder I bought for it (a Lowrance X125):

lowrance.jpg

HUELEN10

I really, REALLY should buy a digital camera, or at least fix up my Circa 1986 Kodak 35mm.
9d917745.png

I have just bought a copy of PROJECT DIVA and it should be coming in the next 25 or so days! The wait is so gonna kill me! :lol In the picture, you can also see my new and freshly-themed PSP-3000! I love the thing and it was Project Diva, along with all the Metal Gear goodness that finally made me get one! Fuck the haters, the screen's kick-ass!
cb662a24.png

I also bought JEANNE D'ARC off of the Playstation Store. This game is absolutely superb!

Android18a said:
060709a.jpg

Gurren Lagann vol 1 special edition :D
2-discs, 9 episodes, LED drill, skull badge, iron-on Gurren Brigade patch, magnetic box. Awesome.

Came out in the UK this week :D Wooooot.

Wow, that looks seriously fucking awesome, does it include the original japanese dub?

My Anno 1404 Special Edtion. Pretty awesome stuff.

vdjwoz.jpg

My new Acer laptop. With Blu-ray. YAY!:D

rlajqt.jpg

Not technically this month, but I never got round to posting. Finished and loved Aquanauts. Really like the atmosphere and sense of exploring. Afrika is also good, learning about camera work and the animals.

a08h9y.jpg

Top Bottom